BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

09-15-2023, 01:27 PM   #1
jjomaa
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW X5M

2024 X5M Comp Start Stop Function

Hello,

I’ve got a few concerns regarding transmission and Start/Stop feature. When I’m coming to a stop the engine shuts off while the car is still rolling 3-5 KPH. I feel like it’s causing transmission issues. After a month of driving it is rough when coming to a light or in traffic. Switches from 2nd to 1st gear at 5KPH and gets jerky. I don’t understand why the car is switching gears at 5KPH when it can just stay in second gear (comfort mode). My G wagon would only go to first gear at a complete stop and shut of when the vehicle is completely stopped. Most of my old German cars would only go into 1st gear outside of comfort mode when driving.

When I first got the vehicle a few months ago, never had this jerking issue between 2-1. Feeling like the rolling engine stop is causing some type of damage to the transmission, the engine shuts off sometimes while I’m in the area of it changing from gear 2-1 (between 10-3kph)
Correct me if I’m wrong someone.

Thanks,
Appreciate 0