11-04-2023, 06:42 PM   #23
KLCC
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: x40i BMW individual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripsin View Post
Great post! I'm currently installing mine (2021 X5 40i / B58) and am stuck on removing the PCV valve and the hose clamped to bottom of main intake silencer. I've removed the clamp completely but no twisting or pulling is moving that hose. I've removed the entire airbox.
Any video links or hints greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
Did you check this video, I'd imagine the process should be similar if not exact?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qxzmJQy_BQ
Appreciate 1
      11-04-2023, 06:49 PM   #24
Ripsin
Driving
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i - Sport/Prem/Nav

Garage List
2021 BMW X5 xDrive 40i  [0.00]
  [0.00]
  [0.00]
Yes, thanks watched it a few times however at the 5:45 mark the pipe just jiggles right out. Mine is not coming off. Almost tempted to cut it off it's on there that tight.
Appreciate 1
      11-04-2023, 09:01 PM   #25
raannathr333
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 20' x40i, 07’ 335i, 11’ M3

Quote:
Great post! I'm currently installing mine (2021 X5 40i / B58) and am stuck on removing the PCV valve and the hose clamped to bottom of main intake silencer. I've removed the clamp completely but no twisting or pulling is moving that hose. I've removed the entire airbox.
Any video links or hints greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
You have removed the C-Clamp and cannot squeeze the PCV connector off? From what I’ve seen, it’s easier to remove the C-Clamp, and get some wiggle room to remove the connection by pinching it.

These are a few videos I have been watching to prepare the install… this is one.

https://youtu.be/Fu_LArSD45Q?si=yqG_pHJKBStmuBc9
Appreciate 1
Ripsin3.00
      11-04-2023, 09:12 PM   #26
raannathr333
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by raannathr333 View Post
You have removed the C-Clamp and cannot squeeze the PCV connector off? From what I’ve seen, it’s easier to remove the C-Clamp, and get some wiggle room to remove the connection by pinching it.

These are a few videos I have been watching to prepare the install… this is one.

https://youtu.be/Fu_LArSD45Q?si=yqG_pHJKBStmuBc9
Also, take a look at the following video at the 3:58 mark as they remove turbo inlet pipe:

Appreciate 1
Ripsin3.00
      11-04-2023, 09:21 PM   #27
raannathr333
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Yes, thanks watched it a few times however at the 5:45 mark the pipe just jiggles right out. Mine is not coming off. Almost tempted to cut it off it's on there that tight.
Watch the video above… looks like you need to remove the C-Clamp holding the pipe onto the turbo inlet.

Name:  IMG_0001.jpeg
Views: 166
Size:  318.9 KB
Appreciate 1
Ripsin3.00
      11-04-2023, 09:49 PM   #28
Ripsin
Driving
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
  [0.00]
Thanks, I'm actually stuck trying to remove the hose that everyone seems to just pull out after loosening the clamp, not the c-clamp on the turbo inlet.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      11-04-2023, 10:06 PM   #29
raannathr333
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Thanks, I'm actually stuck trying to remove the hose that everyone seems to just pull out after loosening the clamp, not the c-clamp on the turbo inlet.
Ahhh, I see. Once you loosen the clamp of the intake tube, you cannot shake it loose? I did see that someone recommended cutting it. I cannot find the video where they did that though.

Here is another video whereby it looks incredibly easy once the clamp you’re referencing is loose… Just need to pull up with a bit of force?

So frustrating mid-install and running into roadblocks. Been there before!

Appreciate 0
      11-04-2023, 10:18 PM   #30
raannathr333
Second Lieutenant
Rep

I wonder if there are any couplings that are holding the silencer in place that would prevent the lower intake tube from being removed… Just thinking out loud at this point… I’ll be going through this shortly so nice to work through it prior to getting under the hood.

Name:  IMG_0003.jpeg
Views: 160
Size:  414.5 KB
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2023, 10:22 PM   #31
Ripsin
Driving
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
  [0.00]
Yes, I've twisted and pulled on it but can't get it to budge. Nervous about cutting it since if anything goes south with the install I won't have the OEM to fall back on. Will have another shot at it tomorrow morning. In the meantime thanks for the posts and videos I've been jealous watching these guys just wiggle and pull out the hose, haha.

I did try to remove the valves on the silencer you circled but damn, difficult to remove as well.

One other thing, when you press in the tab on the PCV aren't you supposed to be able to pull it out? That's the other piece not coming out easy.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2023, 11:03 PM   #32
raannathr333
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Yes, I've twisted and pulled on it but can't get it to budge. Nervous about cutting it since if anything goes south with the install I won't have the OEM to fall back on. Will have another shot at it tomorrow morning. In the meantime thanks for the posts and videos I've been jealous watching these guys just wiggle and pull out the hose, haha.

I did try to remove the valves on the silencer you circled but damn, difficult to remove as well.

One other thing, when you press in the tab on the PCV aren't you supposed to be able to pull it out? That's the other piece not coming out easy.
The video where I mentioned they cut it, they cut the metal clamp, not the actual housing.

You can leave the PCV tubing on the housing as long as it’s disconnected from the top. The whole unit can come out and then switch out the PCV tubing once the turbo inlet pipe is off the vehicle (I believe).
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
Ripsin3.00
      11-04-2023, 11:49 PM   #33
Ripsin
Driving
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
  [0.00]
I haven't looked at where the PCV connects at the top yet but there's also a very difficult connection left, disconnecting the EVAP line with little space with that hose in place.
It would be nice if Dinan_Engineering made videos for models and showed how to navigate through the difficult steps. Or at.least include instructions with photos of the model engine/vehicle you are purchasing the $$$ parts for.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2023, 08:01 AM   #34
Dinan_Engineering
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Any BMW

Quote:
I haven't looked at where the PCV connects at the top yet but there's also a very difficult connection left, disconnecting the EVAP line with little space with that hose in place.
It would be nice if Dinan_Engineering made videos for models and showed how to navigate through the difficult steps. Or at.least include instructions with photos of the model engine/vehicle you are purchasing the $$$ parts for.
If you are still having issues after this weekend please give the support folks a call this morning at 1-800-341-5480 and they can assist/walk you through what needs to be done with any problematic parts of the install.
Appreciate 2
      11-19-2023, 08:24 PM   #35
raannathr333
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Install was pretty straight forward outside of the two EVAP lines. They’re pretty tough to get off, tougher to get on given the lack of movement in the Crank Case Vent hose… ended up snapping it off while trying to install & line up the turbo inlet pipe, and both connections.

For those that may need the part number for the Vent Hose it is BMW part No. 11157934559. Was an easy fix. And after separating the two connections of the EVAP lines, it was a little less difficult to get on. The trick is you really have to try to line up the two EVAP lines, the turbo inlet, and allow them all to click into place simultaneously, with a little bit of uncomfortable force.

Below is a video with some commentary to supplement the videos already released on intake & turbo inlet pipe installs on the B58 platform with other models.

Pictures too of some spots to pay attention to.

Hopefully it’s helpful. Will get some sound clips up shortly as well.

Cheers.

https://youtu.be/_wCrFysKoyg?si=QXm6OC9CYg4kKNOC
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-19-2023, 09:17 PM   #36
raannathr333
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Sound clips below.

To be fair, the sound clips do not do the drivers experience justice. There’s an added awareness to the turbo spooling up that makes you thoroughly enjoy the sound and moving through the RPM range. This car has the Dinantronics X chip, AA Catted DP, and now the Dinan Intake & Turbo Inlet Pipe. The catted Downpipe gave the car a nice exhaust note…. And the intake & turbo inlet pipe round out to complement the drivers experience. Haven’t dyno’d the car before / after… so cannot comment on power gains. Have noticed a bit of quicker throttle response and pulling through redline nicely.

https://youtube.com/shorts/6ZB8IcSDX...UDHucJnAwZ8hAW
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2023, 10:23 PM   #37
swainbmw
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 x5 40!

Garage List
Quote:
Sound clips below.

To be fair, the sound clips do not do the drivers experience justice. There’s an added awareness to the turbo spooling up that makes you thoroughly enjoy the sound and moving through the RPM range. This car has the Dinantronics X chip, AA Catted DP, and now the Dinan Intake & Turbo Inlet Pipe. The catted Downpipe gave the car a nice exhaust note…. And the intake & turbo inlet pipe round out to complement the drivers experience. Haven’t dyno’d the car before / after… so cannot comment on power gains. Have noticed a bit of quicker throttle response and pulling through redline nicely.

Definitely throttle response is very much noticed for the good a little bit more slight burbling for the exhaust Definitely pulls better
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2023, 10:24 PM   #38
swainbmw
Major
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Install was pretty straight forward outside of the two EVAP lines. They’re pretty tough to get off, tougher to get on given the lack of movement in the Crank Case Vent hose… ended up snapping it off while trying to install & line up the turbo inlet pipe, and both connections.

For those that may need the part number for the Vent Hose it is BMW part No. 11157934559. Was an easy fix. And after separating the two connections of the EVAP lines, it was a little less difficult to get on. The trick is you really have to try to line up the two EVAP lines, the turbo inlet, and allow them all to click into place simultaneously, with a little bit of uncomfortable force.

Below is a video with some commentary to supplement the videos already released on intake & turbo inlet pipe installs on the B58 platform with other models.

Pictures too of some spots to pay attention to.

Hopefully it’s helpful. Will get some sound clips up shortly as well.

Cheers.

https://youtu.be/_wCrFysKoyg?si=QXm6OC9CYg4kKNOC
Ditto same problem
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2023, 10:29 PM   #39
swainbmw
Major
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Absolutely I called the support helpline and was referred back to the instructions as if I didn’t know what I was talking about. Would be nice to see a video of different models instead of just pictures that don’t even refer to the car or you’re working on.
Appreciate 1
Ripsin3.00
      11-20-2023, 07:28 AM   #40
swainbmw
Major
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Sound clips below.

What brand is your catted downpipe?
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2023, 08:24 AM   #41
raannathr333
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by swainbmw View Post
What brand is your catted downpipe?
Active Autowerke Catted DP… picked it up from mike@x-ph.com 💪💪💪. Solid supporter of the community and have helped ensure I’m ordering the right parts every time I’ve work with them.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2023, 10:14 AM   #42
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
Active Autowerke Catted DP… picked it up from mike@x-ph.com 💪💪💪. Solid supporter of the community and have helped ensure I’m ordering the right parts every time I’ve work with them.
Thank you!!

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2023, 01:15 AM   #43
swainbmw
Major
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Wonder if you’d have any knowledge of what the horsepower gain would be if you had a dinan xtronic dinan cold air intake and active autowerks catted dp .
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2023, 06:53 PM   #44
raannathr333
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by swainbmw View Post
Wonder if you’d have any knowledge of what the horsepower gain would be if you had a dinan xtronic dinan cold air intake and active autowerks catted dp .
I haven’t dyno’d the combo, so it would be a guess…. I would imagine somewhere around 30-50whp with all three. With a more aggressive tune, you I would expect around 50-80hp out of the engine with intake & catted DP.
Appreciate 0