1Mors
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 X5 xdrive40i msport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesy Myneezy View Post
I'll try and take some better ones tomorrow. So far I've gone 250 miles and no issues, handling differences, etc. haven't been through a snow storm or anything crazy yet but I'm sure they'll perform well
I have the same rims on the car that I ordered. I keep seeing Continental tires on this rim in most videos. This is the first non continental tire config I have seen so far.

I am hoping for bridgestone or pirelli.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2022, 03:59 PM   #24
Cheesy Myneezy
Cheesy
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Mors View Post
Quote:
I'll try and take some better ones tomorrow. So far I've gone 250 miles and no issues, handling differences, etc. haven't been through a snow storm or anything crazy yet but I'm sure they'll perform well
I have the same rims on the car that I ordered. I keep seeing Continental tires on this rim in most videos. This is the first non continental tire config I have seen so far.

I am hoping for bridgestone or pirelli.
[IMG][/IMG]

I've had stretched 275's all season tires on all 4 so I can rotate for 5,000 miles with zero issues, and it's fine in the snow/bad weather. I didn't want to get a set of winter wheels as I love the 22' bi color. I went through discount tire direct and they shipped them for free to my house
Attached Images

07-31-2022, 10:03 PM   #25
mmp151
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 335xi - Sold, 2020 M340 -

Quote:
[IMG][/IMG]

I've had stretched 275's all season tires on all 4 so I can rotate for 5,000 miles with zero issues, and it's fine in the snow/bad weather. I didn't want to get a set of winter wheels as I love the 22' bi color. I went through discount tire direct and they shipped them for free to my house
Are the 742 rears 10.5 for the 40i too? I'm thinking about a square setup too, so I'm curious if the rear will be stretched like your 50i.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2022, 09:16 AM   #26
sharkymcpeterson
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 G05

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmp151 View Post
Quote:
[IMG][/IMG]

Are the 742 rears 10.5 for the 40i too? I'm thinking about a square setup too, so I'm curious if the rear will be stretched like your 50i.
I've seen 40i's with 742's. I ordered a set of the staggered black 742's for my 40i. Tires are already here-
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-17-2022, 11:14 AM   #27
mmp151
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkymcpeterson View Post
Quote:
Quote:
[IMG][/IMG]

I've seen 40i's with 742's. I ordered a set of the staggered black 742's for my 40i. Tires are already here-
Nice! Where did you order them from? Mine still show on back order.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2022, 11:36 AM   #28
sharkymcpeterson
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
[IMG][/IMG]

So, they're fake 742's. The real things may never come back who tf knows so I jumped on these. Only thing they seem to be missing compared to the oem versions are the M emblems, so, -I ordered the "m" logo stickers to hide. Here's a pic of the emblems and below is a link to the wheels. Check his store out, he has a couple different options for the G05.

As far as tires go-tire rack had those staggered pirellis in stock, ordered late Friday night, they delivered yesterday morning. Like lightning.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/19485337515...#38;media=COPY
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-17-2022, 11:39 AM   #29
mmp151
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
[IMG][/IMG]

So, they're fake 742's. The real things may never come back who tf knows so I jumped on these. Only thing they seem to be missing compared to the oem versions are the M emblems, so, -I ordered the "m" logo stickers to hide. Here's a pic of the emblems and below is a link to the wheels. Check his store out, he has a couple different options for the G05.

As far as tires go-tire rack had those staggered pirellis in stock, ordered late Friday night, they delivered yesterday morning. Like lightning.

That's so interesting, cause my order with TireRack has been on back order for a few weeks but yet you ordered them on Friday. Fun times!
Appreciate 1
      08-17-2022, 11:43 AM   #30
sharkymcpeterson
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
[IMG][/IMG]

That's so interesting, cause my order with TireRack has been on back order for a few weeks but yet you ordered them on Friday. Fun times!
They have a few sets that look almost identical-all are back ordered with no end in sight but one. Here's the link. If your prior order hasn't shipped they can swap out the order for you via phone call today. Probably ship tomorrow-

Check the link, are these the size you're looking for?

https://m.tirerack.com/tires/tires.j...=Standard+Tire
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2022, 11:45 AM   #31
mmp151
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
[IMG][/IMG]

They have a few sets that look almost identical-all are back ordered with no end in sight but one. Here's the link. If your prior order hasn't shipped they can swap out the order for you via phone call today. Probably ship tomorrow-

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
[IMG][/IMG]

Ah got it! These are the summers, I'm waiting for the all seasons. That's the difference, makes more sense now. Thanks for sharing the link!
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2022, 11:57 AM   #32
sharkymcpeterson
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
[IMG][/IMG]

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
[IMG][/IMG]

Ah got it! These are the summers, I'm waiting for the all seasons. That's the difference, makes more sense now. Thanks for sharing the link!
Oh yeah that's a potentially long wait based on what I was told by a tire rack rep over the weekend. It would be great if a tire manufacturer would produce some stock for this wheel size.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2022, 01:19 PM   #33
mmp151
Private First Class
Rep

I just realized that that if I did a square setup with the 742s (putting front wheels on the rear), they would still be flush from the side. I was concerned they would look odd from the side. I may just do that and get Michelin Pilot 4 A/S for all four wheels.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2023, 10:27 AM   #34
SeattleLSB
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 X5, M50I

Any reason why you didn't get the 285 in the rear? Are you really taking the tire off the rim to rotate?

Quote:
[IMG][/IMG]

Appreciate 0