ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Tesla MY LR AWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by phayze View Post
Hi,

Ok, i try get esysx and code those line that bimmercode dun support.
That is your only option. SAS is where the region locks are, so you can code whatever you light for TLA but it will never work.

That's why the spreadsheet states to code them and that's why I told you to code as per the spreadsheet, not cherry pick what you think might work.

No idea if it will work in Singapore. You could buy esysx, code it and find it doesn't work. Your choice, but do report back the result.

If you get it fully working, the idrive advice I gave 'should' disable the Drive Assist intervention part

Last edited by ifr; 03-21-2021 at 04:43 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2021, 05:25 AM   #266
phayze
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

Hi,

Understand. I will try out and revert whether it will work in Singapore or not.

Usually I will try to code one by one to know what actually each line of code does. Like the coding for the "Additional display" for HUD that you share to solve to display the tach display when in sport mode, i learn as i code one by one at each time and see what it does. I will indicate in my own record as per below so that i know i am doing next time if i were to do it again if the coding get erase after software upgrade.

CB_HUD_FAS: aktiv [01]
Driver Assistance Checkbox

CB_HUD_LIST_AUS: nicht_aktiv [00]
Additional Displays Menu

CB_HUD_LIST_AUTOMATISCH: nicht_aktiv [00]
Additional Displays - Automatic Option

CB_HUD_LIST_FAS_PERMANENT: nicht_aktiv [00]
Additional Displays - Driver assistant Option

CB_HUD_LIST_SPORT_PERMANENT: aktiv [01]
Additional Displays - Sport displays Option

CB_HUD_LIST_SPORT_AUS: aktiv [01]
Sport Displays Menu

CB_HUD_LIST_SPORT_FES: aktiv [01]
Sport Displays Menu - Display in Sports

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifr View Post
That is your only option. SAS is where the region locks are, so you can code whatever you light for TLA but it will never work.

That's why the spreadsheet states to code them and that's why I told you to code as per the spreadsheet, not cherry pick what you think might work.

No idea if it will work in Singapore. You could buy esysx, code it and find it doesn't work. Your choice, but do report back the result.

If you get it fully working, the idrive advice I gave 'should' disable the Drive Assist intervention part
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2021, 05:40 AM   #267
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Hi,

Understand. I will try out and revert whether it will work in Singapore or not.

Usually I will try to code one by one to know what actually each line of code does. Like the coding for the "Additional display" for HUD that you share to solve to display the tach display when in sport mode, i learn as i code one by one at each time and see what it does. I will indicate in my own record as per below so that i know i am doing next time if i were to do it again if the coding get erase after software upgrade.

CB_HUD_FAS: aktiv [01]
Driver Assistance Checkbox

CB_HUD_LIST_AUS: nicht_aktiv [00]
Additional Displays Menu

CB_HUD_LIST_AUTOMATISCH: nicht_aktiv [00]
Additional Displays - Automatic Option

CB_HUD_LIST_FAS_PERMANENT: nicht_aktiv [00]
Additional Displays - Driver assistant Option

CB_HUD_LIST_SPORT_PERMANENT: aktiv [01]
Additional Displays - Sport displays Option

CB_HUD_LIST_SPORT_AUS: aktiv [01]
Sport Displays Menu

CB_HUD_LIST_SPORT_FES: aktiv [01]
Sport Displays Menu - Display in Sports
aSLA and TLA is advanced coding. You have to go all in, know what you are doing, and understand the pre-reqs.

I spent a lot of time working out the interdependencies between all the systems, while also unblocking the region locks. You can't expect help if you ignore the advice and choose to do your own thing, then come back and ask for further help without revealing you ignored the original advice. it's a waste of your time and more importantly my time and pees me off.
Appreciate 2
volodp196.50
      03-21-2021, 05:45 AM   #268
phayze
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Hi,

I appreciate for your time. Sorry about that and i will take your advise and try out. Will revert and contribute after trying.

Quote:
aSLA and TLA is advanced coding. You have to go all in, know what you are doing, and understand the pre-reqs.

I spent a lot of time working out the interdependencies between all the systems, while also unblocking the region locks. You can't expect help if you ignore the advice and choose to do your own thing, then come back and ask for further help without revealing you ignored the original advice. it's a waste of your time and more importantly my time and pees me off.
Appreciate 1
ifr1198.00
      03-21-2021, 08:30 AM   #269
phayze
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Hi,

I had code all and now Speed limit will be accepted automatically where possible, no more without anticipation.

But i got 2 thing that i am unable to code.

C_SLA_UCC_Land_aktiv and C_SLA_aUCC_Land_aktiv

There is no option for me to change to FFFFFFFF.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-21-2021, 08:36 AM   #270
srbs73
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW i4 M50

Quote:
Hi,

I had code all and now Speed limit will be accepted automatically where possible, no more without anticipation.

But i got 2 thing that i am unable to code.

C_SLA_UCC_Land_aktiv and C_SLA_aUCC_Land_aktiv

There is no option for me to change to FFFFFFFF.
You need to change Werte to FF, FF, FF, FF. It’s a manual edit not a drop down.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2021, 08:42 AM   #271
phayze
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Hi,

I am unable to manual edit. It is blur out. Is there anyway to do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by srbs73 View Post
You need to change Werte to FF, FF, FF, FF. It’s a manual edit not a drop down.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2021, 08:53 AM   #272
srbs73
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW i4 M50

Quote:
Hi,

I am unable to manual edit. It is blur out. Is there anyway to do?
Trying to remember, but I believe there’s a little edit icon in the bottom right area of Esys and then you edit it in a window below.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2021, 08:58 AM   #273
Fpgiuliano
Second Lieutenant
Italy
Rep
Drives: Bmw 320d Touring xDrive Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by srbs73 View Post
Trying to remember, but I believe there’s a little edit icon in the bottom right area of Esys and then you edit it in a window below.
You need to edit and insert manual value in the bottom box (where you see “FF”)
Then click on the little button on the right side for save
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2021, 09:01 AM   #274
phayze
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Hi,

Ohh, thank you. I will try out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fpgiuliano View Post
You need to edit and insert manual value in the bottom box (where you see “FF”)
Then click on the little button on the right side for save
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2021, 08:38 PM   #275
mlavio829
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW 330i X Drive

Just wondering has anyone in Canada been able to get the stopping at Traffic light function to work?
I was able to code everything successfully thanks to the chart/excel file from ifr, however, for some reason the car hasn't stopped at the Red light. I also enabled "Automatically adjust speed" in iDrive.

Upon testing, it seems to detect the Red light and I click set, however, it doesn't apply the brakes.
As I got even closer to the traffic light, it started to slow down, but if I let it go further it would be in the middle of the intersection. (Sort of defeats the point)
I just got OTA 11/2020.50 and coded it this evening.

Any ideas?
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2021, 10:37 PM   #276
phayze
Second Lieutenant
Rep

I had change both the value to FF, FF, FF, FF.

But still does not work.

Quote:
Hi,

Ohh, thank you. I will try out.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2021, 11:07 PM   #277
phayze
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Hi,

Can check, how did u resolve “Function not available in this country.”?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron G15 View Post
FINALLY!!! I now have Traffic light assistant working on the car

It only took four coders before I found someone who could actually do this!!! (he’d done quite a bit of coding discovery with Shawn Sheridan over on Bimmerfest...so I knew he had the requisite skills).

A huge thank you to IFR for the coding sheet, which not only gave me TLA but also, emergency lane formation, adjust distance acc to situation, probable path bending etc etc

I only had a chance to test the system very briefly as it started to snow (not a good environment to try out stopping at red lights). On the two sets of lights I tried, one required me to tap ‘set’ to accept the light, the other light was automatically accepted and the car came to a graceful, perfect stop.

Setting off didn’t work for me but, I think this is a traffic light issue, not a coding issue. On one set of lights I got ‘grey traffic lights’, I may have put my foot on the brake when I’d come to a stop (probably deactivated assisted driving function) on the other set of lights I got grey traffic lights with a red X at the bottom (IFR, have you seen this symbol before).

Does the traffic light icon show red, amber and green, or just red and green....also, do you have drive off reminder set to early, normal or late?

To drive off, do you just tap the accelerator or push the set button on the steering wheel.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2021, 03:15 AM   #278
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

All,

This is the state of TLA world-wide.

It has only been officially released in a handful of markets, for MY21, and even those where it has been released, it appears there are some restrictions.

If you follow my coding exactly and meet the pre-reqs, one of the following scenarios is possible:
  1. Function not available in this country - hard-stop. It will not work and is blocked. Not at a coding level, but at a software level. This indicates that the system would not work well or safely if enabled with that regions TL systems. Examples - Russia, AUSY, Singapore(?)
  2. Function is supported but does not work well, or works intermittently - examples are US, CA, China. Important markets that BMW will want to support but the system is not developed enough to deal with all scenarios
  3. Function is fully supported - EU countries including DE and UK. The system will read 'most' lights and either auto accepts or requires manual SET for acknowledgement. Stops accurately and safely at the light, even if changing from Green to Amber, and will prompt the user to restart on Green. This system works 90% of the time but will still fail at times and is not totally reliable.

While I am seeing improvements to the system with each i-step release, the land mask for UCC has not changed since 07/2020. This means BMW have not changed the regions that are supported for Urban Cruise Control (UCC) which underpins TLA. Probably because the system is not fully baked in the regions it is supported yet. They may also have moved dev onto the SP21 vehicles. Hopefully the development for the system is supported on both platforms, but we will see.

It seems that aSLA is a dependency for the system, and the 'Consider Traffic Lights' option is in the same idrive menu area. Regions that do not natively allow aSLA, like North America, do not meet that dependency without coding.

In summary, it's complicated.

Last edited by ifr; 03-22-2021 at 04:45 AM..
Appreciate 4
sahajesh2294.00
volodp196.50
      03-22-2021, 06:03 AM   #279
phayze
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Hi,

Can i check, after i change C_SLA_UCC_Land_aktiv and C_SLA_aUCC_Land_aktiv to FF, FF, FF, FF, the Ausgelesen become "UNKNOWN". Is it suppose to be like that?

Quote:
All,

This is the state of TLA world-wide.

It has only been officially released in a handful of markets, for MY21, and even those where it has been released, it appears there are some restrictions.

If you follow my coding exactly and meet the pre-reqs, one of the following scenarios is possible:
  1. Function not available in this country - hard-stop. It will not work and is blocked. Not at a coding level, but at a software level. This indicates that the system would not work well or safely if enabled with that regions TL systems. Examples - Russia, AUSY, Singapore(?)
  2. Function is supported but does not work well, or works intermittently - examples are US, CA, China. Important markets that BMW will want to support but the system is not developed enough to deal with all scenarios
  3. Function is fully supported - EU countries including DE and UK. The system will read 'most' lights and either auto accepts or requires manual SET for acknowledgement. Stops accurately and safely at the light, even if changing from Green to Amber, and will prompt the user to restart on Green. This system works 90% of the time but will still fail at times and is not totally reliable.

While I am seeing improvements to the system with each i-step release, the land mask for UCC has not changed since 07/2020. This means BMW have not changed the regions that are supported for Urban Cruise Control (UCC) which underpins TLA. Probably because the system is not fully baked in the regions it is supported yet. They may also have moved dev onto the SP21 vehicles. Hopefully the development for the system is supported on both platforms, but we will see.

It seems that aSLA is a dependency for the system, and the 'Consider Traffic Lights' option is in the same idrive menu area. Regions that do not natively allow aSLA, like North America, do not meet that dependency without coding.

In summary, it's complicated.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-22-2021, 07:03 AM   #280
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Hi,

Can i check, after i change C_SLA_UCC_Land_aktiv and C_SLA_aUCC_Land_aktiv to FF, FF, FF, FF, the Ausgelesen become "UNKNOWN". Is it suppose to be like that?
Yes.

The only other possibility is that there is another dependant system that is geo restricted. You could change ALL 'land' masks to FF, FF, FF, FF in SAS3 and VIP. That would ensure that all supported features are active for your model and region for SLA and all sub-systems such as TLA, UCC, aSLA, etc
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2021, 08:01 AM   #281
phayze
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Hi,

My DSC_VIP do not have 3D14. It have 3D78. I also cannot find C_SLA_Vorausschua_Land_Altiv. It have C_SLA_Vorausschua_Land_Altiv_Erweitert instead.

Is 3D14 & 3D78 the same?

Quote:
Yes.

The only other possibility is that there is another dependant system that is geo restricted. You could change ALL 'land' masks to FF, FF, FF, FF in SAS3 and VIP. That would ensure that all supported features are active for your model and region for SLA and all sub-systems such as TLA, UCC, aSLA, etc
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2021, 08:08 AM   #282
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Hi,

My DSC_VIP do not have 3D14. It have 3D78. I also cannot find C_SLA_Vorausschua_Land_Altiv. It have C_SLA_Vorausschua_Land_Altiv_Erweitert instead.

Is 3D14 & 3D78 the same?
If its called VIP and has the same codes as the spreadsheet then yes.

if you find any land masks are set to 00, 00, 00, 00 then ignore these.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2021, 09:04 AM   #283
phayze
Second Lieutenant
Rep

I do not have this "C_SLA_Vorausschua_Land_Altiv" in the CAFD.

I have "C_SLA_Vorausschua_Land_Altiv_Erweitert" instead.

Quote:
If its called VIP and has the same codes as the spreadsheet then yes.

if you find any land masks are set to 00, 00, 00, 00 then ignore these.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2021, 09:21 AM   #284
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
I do not have this "C_SLA_Vorausschua_Land_Altiv" in the CAFD.

I have "C_SLA_Vorausschua_Land_Altiv_Erweitert" instead.
If you don't have it then you can't configure it? If you have it then configure it. If it's 00, 00, 00, 00 leave it alone.

That's it - you are looking at VIP, you just have a different model.

I fear there will be more and more questions. I'll leave others to answer them.

Last edited by ifr; 03-22-2021 at 09:26 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2021, 09:27 AM   #285
phayze
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Hi,

Haha, no more question. Thank you.

Quote:
If you don't have it then you can't configure it? If you have it then configure it. If it's 00, 00, 00, 00 leave it alone.

That's it - you are looking at VIP, you just have a different model.

I fear there will be more and more questions. I'll leave others to answer them.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2021, 10:45 AM   #286
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Hi,

Haha, no more question. Thank you.
Phew