12-19-2020, 04:19 AM   #133
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Tesla MY LR AWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by juhcobywankenobi View Post
Thanks ifr, your codes are very helpful to all of us!

I almost got TLA coded for my G20, but must be missing something simple/silly.

C_SLA_UCC_Land_aktiv 134217728 # no option to change this to FFFFFFFF
So I edited Werte to FF FF FF FF and that did remove the 'not supported in this country" error under the SLA menu. But after enabling aSLA while driving it pops up the error message, not supported in this country and I don't see the traffic light signals in the dash.

C_SLA_aUCC_Land_aktiv #assuming this is for 11/2020 sw, it was not found in the NCD file, but this is fine I just want it to let me know a light has changed, not actually take action!

I do not wish to use it for taking action, but would be really helpful to let me know when the light changes. Thanks in advance to anyone in the US who got this working. Full disclosure I did pm trojanhorse, but thought maybe others might know too.
Assume you edited to FF, FF, FF, FF

I'm not answering any queries on any istep earlier than 11/2020 as it's pre bmw release.

You need a newer esysx to view the codes properly, even on 07/2020.
Appreciate 1
      12-19-2020, 11:32 AM   #134
juhcobywankenobi
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW 330i

Garage List
2019 BMW 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ifr View Post
Quote:

So I edited Werte to FF FF FF FF and that did remove the 'not supported in this country" error under the SLA menu. But after enabling aSLA while driving it pops up the error message, not supported in this country and I don't see the traffic light signals in the dash.

C_SLA_aUCC_Land_aktiv #assuming this is for 11/2020 sw, it was not found in the NCD file, but this is fine I just want it to let me know a light has changed, not actually take action!

I do not wish to use it for taking action, but would be really helpful to let me know when the light changes. Thanks in advance to anyone in the US who got this working. Full disclosure I did pm trojanhorse, but thought maybe others might know too.

I'm not answering any queries on any istep earlier than 11/2020 as it's pre bmw release.

Yes I did update it with that value.

I've also requested a newer version of EsysX. Mine was purchased in late August.

I'll continue learning coding, even ones that may not have been discovered and contribute. Learning more and more about the tool. Thanks for your help.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2020, 12:19 PM   #135
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Yes I did update it with that value.

I've also requested a newer version of EsysX. Mine was purchased in late August.

I'll continue learning coding, even ones that may not have been discovered and contribute. Learning more and more about the tool. Thanks for your help.
Yeah needs to be mid September or later version to view all coding for 07/2020, and later.
Appreciate 1
      12-19-2020, 03:45 PM   #136
juhcobywankenobi
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2019 BMW 330i  [0.00]
Curious, where should I look, or maybe even post a question, for a SIB or TSB that I can use to have the dealer update to the latest software 11/2020?
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2020, 04:10 PM   #137
FreddyBMW
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 X7 40i iSTEP 07/2020.54

Quote:
Curious, where should I look, or maybe even post a question, for a SIB or TSB that I can use to have the dealer update to the latest software 11/2020?
Here is one I got from this forum. Don't know if it applies to your vehicle or not.

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/20...82616-9999.pdf
      12-19-2020, 04:14 PM   #138
FreddyBMW
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 X7 40i iSTEP 07/2020.54

Did anyone do the coding on a 11/2020 and get the TLA working in the USA?
      12-27-2020, 03:37 PM   #139
Freelancer withour work
Enlisted Member
South Korea
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 320i M Sport

My G20 is working in South Korea.
i-step is 2020-07-054
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2020, 03:55 PM   #140
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreddyBMW View Post
Did anyone do the coding on a 11/2020 and get the TLA working in the USA?
Quite a few have it working.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2020, 05:21 PM   #141
juhcobywankenobi
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2019 BMW 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreddyBMW View Post
Here is one I got from this forum. Don't know if it applies to your vehicle or not.

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/20...82616-9999.pdf
Thanks again for this, just setup an appointment with BMW Service for this Wednesday.

This is actually a little bit of an annoying bug, it's colder where I'm visiting for the holidays. So remote start with seat heating will be nice. I'm sure I can fix this with coding, but the SW update will be great since it includes better TLA etc.

One question is it easy to revert all coding back to default with the saved FA and SVT files? If so how? Do I need to "Code NCD" of each CAFD file or do I just simply click "Code" once loaded?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2020, 05:54 PM   #142
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

If you haven't modified your FA at all, then you can just hit 'code' for any ECU that you have modified.

Or just hit code at the top of the tree and it will code every ECU and cafd back to whatever your FA is configured with i.e. if FA at stock then back to stock it goes.

As an example, If you modified the build version of your FA to 11/20, and hit code at the top of the tree (in diag mode) then it would configure your car as if it was a MY21. Good news is you'd get all the new features, bad news is you'd get a ton of errors and failures because the physical hardware wouldn't match up in all cases.
Appreciate 1
      12-28-2020, 08:02 PM   #143
VTENGR
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:
If you haven't modified your FA at all, then you can just hit 'code' for any ECU that you have modified.

Or just hit code at the top of the tree and it will code every ECU and cafd back to whatever your FA is configured with i.e. if FA at stock then back to stock it goes.

As an example, If you modified the build version of your FA to 11/20, and hit code at the top of the tree (in diag mode) then it would configure your car as if it was a MY21. Good news is you'd get all the new features, bad news is you'd get a ton of errors and failures because the physical hardware wouldn't match up in all cases.
I've been curious about this.... If my NCD files have been edited via FDL coding, will CODE the top of the CAFD tree revert all the edited NCD files back to stock per the loaded FA file?
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2020, 02:03 AM   #144
juhcobywankenobi
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2019 BMW 330i  [0.00]
Quote:

Awesome thanks! Yes, I saved the FA and SVT just after they updated it to 07/2020.80 and didn't code anything. I previously coded it before 07/2020.80, but of course, that was all wiped.

I'm assuming by the top of the tree you mean "ECUs(29)" and then just hit code. Is it safe to code all the ECUs, even while the engine is running? I.e. DME_BAC2, I've read some modules are not happy with the engine running. I've never modded the DME, I've only updated the BDC, HU_MGU, KOMBI, and SAS modules.

I'm doing this because I don't want the dealer to have any excuse not to update the car per this SB. If they see anything out of the ordinary, I'm sure they can come back and say "Well how do we know your coding didn't mess up this seat heater..." or some nonsense like that. At least this will be pretty darn easy to revert.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2020, 04:08 AM   #145
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Awesome thanks! Yes, I saved the FA and SVT just after they updated it to 07/2020.80 and didn't code anything. I previously coded it before 07/2020.80, but of course, that was all wiped.

I'm assuming by the top of the tree you mean "ECUs(29)" and then just hit code. Is it safe to code all the ECUs, even while the engine is running? I.e. DME_BAC2, I've read some modules are not happy with the engine running. I've never modded the DME, I've only updated the BDC, HU_MGU, KOMBI, and SAS modules.

I'm doing this because I don't want the dealer to have any excuse not to update the car per this SB. If they see anything out of the ordinary, I'm sure they can come back and say "Well how do we know your coding didn't mess up this seat heater..." or some nonsense like that. At least this will be pretty darn easy to revert.
Don't code DME with the engine running as it will switch the engine off during coding. You'd need to select all ECU except DME and then hit Code if you want to do it with the engine running.

Don't code DSC_VIP or EPS with the engine running, as these will most likely fail.

Personally, I'd make sure you have decent charge on the battery, or apply a battery charger/voltage regulator, and code in diag mode (3 presses of the start button in rapid succession). Then you can safely code every ECU from the top of the tree.

Alternatively, just select the 4 modules you have coded, and 'Code' those in diag mode, or with the engine running if not including VIP.
Appreciate 1
      12-29-2020, 04:15 AM   #146
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTENGR View Post
I've been curious about this.... If my NCD files have been edited via FDL coding, will CODE the top of the CAFD tree revert all the edited NCD files back to stock per the loaded FA file?
Yep, it will.

Doing a full tree all ECU VO Code will set all ECU to whatever the FA configuration is based on options, region, model, build version, etc.

This is similar to what happens when your car i-step is updated. First the target ECU are programmed, then they are VO Coded. Difference is not every ECU is programmed/coded during an i-step update, whereas a full ECU VO Code does impact every ECU.

In reality, nothing will change for most ECU when full-tree coding, unless the FA has changed in the interim.

I tend to do it as its quicker than selecting individual cafd, and ensures I haven't messed up anywhere at some point. It really gets you back to stock.
Appreciate 1
VTENGR1052.50
      12-29-2020, 11:55 AM   #147
juhcobywankenobi
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2019 BMW 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:

Don't code DME with the engine running as it will switch the engine off during coding. You'd need to select all ECU except DME and then hit Code if you want to do it with the engine running.

Don't code DSC_VIP or EPS with the engine running, as these will most likely fail.

Personally, I'd make sure you have decent charge on the battery, or apply a battery charger/voltage regulator, and code in diag mode (3 presses of the start button in rapid succession). Then you can safely code every ECU from the top of the tree.

Alternatively, just select the 4 modules you have coded, and 'Code' those in diag mode, or with the engine running if not including VIP.
Ok selecting the individual ones makes a lot of sense too since it's only 4 of them I code.

Thanks that's super helpful!
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2021, 11:16 AM   #148
Fpgiuliano
Second Lieutenant
Italy
Rep
Drives: Bmw 320d Touring xDrive Msport

Quote:
Usually, anyone who asks for this sheet/coding via PM bombards me with support requests on how to code it.

I'm going to post the link here but will not answer any questions on it's content. The coding is solid and will either work or not.

If you know what you are doing you'll figure it out. If you have a question then you're not ready so do more 'independent' research, or pay someone to help you.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/1JFfY...letype=msexcel

Hi to all and happy new year,
the “aSLA sheet code” also include the traffic jam assistant for driving without hands in traffic conditions with speeds below 35/40 km / h (maybe the correct name is “assisted drive plus”

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2021, 12:18 PM   #149
bimmerelectric
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Bmw 330e 2019

Quote:

so if your spreadsheet says new value "FFFFFFFF" u have to edit it to FF, FF, FF, FF ?

and what about 0xFFFFFFFF ?
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2021, 01:43 PM   #150
juhcobywankenobi
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2019 BMW 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerelectric View Post
Quote:

so if your spreadsheet says new value "FFFFFFFF" u have to edit it to FF, FF, FF, FF ?

and what about 0xFFFFFFFF ?
That's correct, it's equivalent.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2021, 01:07 AM   #151
juhcobywankenobi
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2019 BMW 330i  [0.00]
I've been driving around a bit after updating to 11/2020.45 and noticed what others have said with respect to passing a car that is slowing down for a turn and the response is more graceful. I.e. my car doesn't slam on the brakes anymore. Also, the ACC seems to be more graceful now in general.

I tried TLA out and got a bit further, I'm not sure if anyone in the US has it auto stopping yet. There is still a fault shown when I set ACC that TLA is limited based on the country. I'm wondering if anyone in the US has this issue or it's something I've coded.

Missing in the SAS for my car are:
C_SLA_QmaN_Land_aktiv
C_SLA_aUCC_Land_aktiv
C_RGA_Land_aktiv
C_RGA_Seitenwahl_links_Land_aktiv

aSLA does work well, a couple of options are a bit different having erweitert at the end, I didn't code them from 0x00 -> 0xFF:
C_SLA_Vorausschau_Land_aktiv_erweitert
C_SLA_Streckenregelung_Land_aktiv_erweitert

I have the latest EsysX and PSDZData. I have not tried to code the DSC_VIP, I'm assuming it wouldn't make a difference anyway on the G20.

Is it odd those options are missing? Is it not showing up based on build, FA or? I'm starting to wonder if it's a limitation on my vehicle since it was manufactured 04/2019 or if there is a region block that doesn't even list those options.

Any help from someone who's got this working better in the US would be really appreciated!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-03-2021, 02:17 AM   #152
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:

Missing in the SAS for my car are:
C_SLA_QmaN_Land_aktiv
C_SLA_aUCC_Land_aktiv
C_RGA_Land_aktiv
C_RGA_Seitenwahl_links_Land_aktiv

aSLA does work well, a couple of options are a bit different having erweitert at the end, I didn't code them from 0x00 -> 0xFF:
C_SLA_Vorausschau_Land_aktiv_erweitert
C_SLA_Streckenregelung_Land_aktiv_erweitert

I have the latest EsysX and PSDZData.
You are missing key coding for TLA - *aUCC* hence the message displayed
Qman is for the highway exit assistant
RGA is the rescue alley

Something is wrong with your esys setup. Looks like you don't have the latest esysx to me. Take a picture of your SAS3 around the area I've shown in my screenshot, and check your version of EsysX64 in IspiHostAdmin-Software Updates
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-03-2021, 02:55 AM   #153
juhcobywankenobi
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2019 BMW 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
You are missing key coding for TLA - *aUCC* hence the message displayed
Qman is for the highway exit assistant
RGA is the rescue alley

Something is wrong with your esys setup. Looks like you don't have the latest esysx to me. Take a picture of your SAS3 around the area I've shown in my screenshot, and check your version of EsysX64 in IspiHostAdmin-Software Updates
Seeing your output is very helpful, so I've noticed these D3000 placeholders sprinkled about. Looks like they are where the above configuration settings should be. I've attached my EsysX version as well as the output of my SAS module.

Also PSDZData: Extracted from ISTA version 4.27.22

I did trim the psdzdata\kiswb folder of all other series except S18A, would that be a problem? That's the only mod I did to that folder. I did this because I put my data folder in the cloud, seemed these other series were not needed, and trimmed down the size quite a bit..
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-03-2021, 05:21 AM   #154
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Seeing your output is very helpful, so I've noticed these D3000 placeholders sprinkled about. Looks like they are where the above configuration settings should be. I've attached my EsysX version as well as the output of my SAS module.

Also PSDZData: Extracted from ISTA version 4.27.22

I did trim the psdzdata\kiswb folder of all other series except S18A, would that be a problem? That's the only mod I did to that folder. I did this because I put my data folder in the cloud, seemed these other series were not needed, and trimmed down the size quite a bit..
Your psdzdata could be messed up. Just copy unmodified psdzdata lite (4.27.20) and make sure esys is using that - c:\data\psdzdata

If that doesnt work, then completely remove esysx. Delete all install folders inc programdata. Reboot. Reinstall esysx.

You have multiple trimmed codes, which usually means you don't have a version of esysx that maps the psdzdata
Appreciate 0