01-03-2021, 01:12 PM   #155
ChiefOne
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 XDrive 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifr View Post
Good news - if your build date in VO is 11/2020 then the new features should activate when you upgrade to i-step 11/2020.531 or later.

Bad news - many such as TLR/TLA will be region locked so might not be available.

Hello - I have MY2021 X5 XDrive 40i, built the first week of December 2020, and iDrive version 11/2020.33. I would love to have the possibility of the TLR/TLA feature in my vehicle. How can I upgrade the software to 11/2020.531? Forgive me if the question/comment sounds stupid, still a newbie in the BMW world.
      01-03-2021, 01:14 PM   #156
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Tesla MY LR AWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefOne View Post
Quote:
Good news - if your build date in VO is 11/2020 then the new features should activate when you upgrade to i-step 11/2020.531 or later.

Bad news - many such as TLR/TLA will be region locked so might not be available.

Hello - I have MY2021 X5 XDrive 40i, built the first week of December 2020, and iDrive version 11/2020.33. I would love to have the possibility of the TLR/TLA feature in my vehicle. How can I upgrade the software to 11/2020.531? Forgive me if the question/comment sounds stupid, still a newbie in the BMW world.
You software version is good, but BMW don't allow TLA in the USA so you would need to code it.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2021, 03:21 PM   #157
Baron G15
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW G15 8 Series, Audi Q8

I’m going to update my car’s istep in a few days and code TLA....couple of questions regarding some of the additional functions that are available....is active lane guidance functioning correctly yet? I know IFR (happy New Year to you) coded it and got erratic results....did you ever manage to get it to work.....I think you said sometimes it would tell you to exit the motorway miles away from the junction....

Also, how smart is emergency lane formation....presumably depending on what lane you’re in the vehicle needs to move left or right, does the system recognize this.....I’m assuming that it also need to know if it’s in a left or right hand drive country?

Many thanks for the feedback
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2021, 04:25 PM   #158
juhcobywankenobi
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW 330i

Garage List
2019 BMW 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Your psdzdata could be messed up. Just copy unmodified psdzdata lite (4.27.20) and make sure esys is using that - c:\data\psdzdata

If that doesnt work, then completely remove esysx. Delete all install folders inc programdata. Reboot. Reinstall esysx.

You have multiple trimmed codes, which usually means you don't have a version of esysx that maps the psdzdata
Thanks for the suggestion, I've removed everything and have a clean C:\Data folder, but have the same result. I'm using the saved CAFD that I pulled from the car, which should not need to be re-pulled using 'Read Coding Data' for this to work am I correct?

Unless perhaps my PSDZdata is corrupt?
MD5 (/Volumes/ESD-USB/PSdZData_Lite_v4.26.22.7z) = 42ec164967e534cfd938a8bf8ab47f82

But it seems it wouldn't make sense if the PSDZdata is corrupt since EsysX is mapping some of the data.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2021, 04:49 PM   #159
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by juhcobywankenobi View Post
Quote:
Your psdzdata could be messed up. Just copy unmodified psdzdata lite (4.27.20) and make sure esys is using that - c:\data\psdzdata

If that doesnt work, then completely remove esysx. Delete all install folders inc programdata. Reboot. Reinstall esysx.

You have multiple trimmed codes, which usually means you don't have a version of esysx that maps the psdzdata
Thanks for the suggestion, I've removed everything and have a clean C:\Data folder, but have the same result. I'm using the saved CAFD that I pulled from the car, which should not need to be re-pulled using 'Read Coding Data' for this to work am I correct?

Unless perhaps my PSDZdata is corrupt?
MD5 (/Volumes/ESD-USB/PSdZData_Lite_v4.26.22.7z) = 42ec164967e534cfd938a8bf8ab47f82

But it seems it wouldn't make sense if the PSDZdata is corrupt since EsysX is mapping some of the data.
You need to read coding data after an istep update or local psdzdata update, and/or update of esysx. If you upgraded esysx you should remove it, reboot and install fresh.

I have no experience with that version of psdzdata and target S18A 11/2020.42. I use Sedoy 4.27.20 which maps to 11/2020.

4.26.22 is older and doesn't contain support for 11/2020 as I recall, just 07/2020? I don't have access to my pc so can't confirm
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2021, 04:58 PM   #160
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron G15 View Post
I'm going to update my car's istep in a few days and code TLA....couple of questions regarding some of the additional functions that are available....is active lane guidance functioning correctly yet? I know IFR (happy New Year to you) coded it and got erratic results....did you ever manage to get it to work.....I think you said sometimes it would tell you to exit the motorway miles away from the junction....

Also, how smart is emergency lane formation....presumably depending on what lane you're in the vehicle needs to move left or right, does the system recognize this.....I'm assuming that it also need to know if it's in a left or right hand drive country?

Many thanks for the feedback
HNY!
The active lane guidance is pretty poor and I've turned it off. Tries to get you to change lanes over 1mile from the exit if you are in a far lane. Slows the car down too which is both dangerous and annoying. Makes sense if the car was self driving entirely as it needs to make sure it can get across all lanes to exit, but doesn't work with a human pilot!

Give it a go and see what you think. You can always code it off again.

Good question on the lane formation. I noticed if in the right most lane it moves to the right, middle lane it goes left. Haven't noticed what it does in the leftmost lane. I guess all cars from all manufacturers will need to follow the same logic, like the carkey consortium but for emergency lanes.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2021, 05:24 PM   #161
juhcobywankenobi
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2019 BMW 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
You need to read coding data after an istep update or local psdzdata update, and/or update of esysx. If you upgraded esysx you should remove it, reboot and install fresh.

I have no experience with that version of psdzdata and target S18A 11/2020.42. I use Sedoy 4.27.20 which maps to 11/2020.

4.26.22 is older and doesn't contain support for 11/2020 as I recall, just 07/2020? I don't have access to my pc so can't confirm
No, you are correct, I put the wrong version here this is the correct one:
MD5 (v.4.27.20_PSdZData_Lite.rar) = f2e5cab078e2141c18ef4cedeccb6f0c

I'll try reading the coding data again and report back.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2021, 06:15 PM   #162
ChiefOne
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 XDrive 40i

Quote:
You software version is good, but BMW don't allow TLA in the USA so you would need to code it.

Thank you, Sir! Truly appreciated!
      01-03-2021, 06:22 PM   #163
juhcobywankenobi
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2019 BMW 330i  [0.00]
Quote:

After connecting and reading code data I have the same issue.

What I found odd about this PSDZdata is that I need to create a folder dist under: C:\Data\psdzdata\mainseries\S18A\S18A_20_11_545_V_ 004_000_000\odx\dist

Otherwise it doesn't show up in the target list, after I create the dist folder the S18A target shows up and I can connect. Shawn helped me out with that.

Also I select the current version os SW the car is using from the target list, but that doesn't change anything either.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-03-2021, 07:58 PM   #164
juhcobywankenobi
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2019 BMW 330i  [0.00]
I got it to work, but this was just by experimenting and setting the unmapped values to FF,FF,FF,FF. Somehow I have to get a correctly mapped PSDZdata, not sure if the team at EsysX simply didn't give me a version that has it? I'd like to continue with an updated mapping so that I can experiment with other options and parameters.

My experience with aTLA is similar to others, at the same intersection it detects and does an ok job, others I need to manually set (regardless of how simple they are).

For BDC I also set STOPPSCHILDER which is pretty cool that stop signs are something in the works. I don't think anyone has that working correct? It didn't stop at any or even report them.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2021, 02:30 AM   #165
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
I got it to work, but this was just by experimenting and setting the unmapped values to FF,FF,FF,FF. Somehow I have to get a correctly mapped PSDZdata, not sure if the team at EsysX simply didn't give me a version that has it? I'd like to continue with an updated mapping so that I can experiment with other options and parameters.

My experience with aTLA is similar to others, at the same intersection it detects and does an ok job, others I need to manually set (regardless of how simple they are).

For BDC I also set STOPPSCHILDER which is pretty cool that stop signs are something in the works. I don't think anyone has that working correct? It didn't stop at any or even report them.
It's odd that your mappings are incorrect, and that you couldn't simply extract the psdzdata without modification.

Where are you getting your psdzdata, and what tool are you using to extract?

I'm guessing you 'guessed' which values were correct, but good news its working.

They definitely need to improve the recognition, but now its out there they should be getting diagnostic data to adjust the behaviour. I do find it detects the lights 95% of the time, auto accepts 50% of the time, and stops once accepted (manual or auto), 99% of the time.

Sometimes it just doesn't see the light until late, or its a type it doesn't recognise.

Stop signs aren't supported for stopping as yet. No indications in coding that stoppschilder will be used to activate. It's possible they'll just update the existing TLA to include stop signs without any additional coding.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2021, 04:54 AM   #166
Baron G15
Private
Rep

Quote:
HNY!
The active lane guidance is pretty poor and I've turned it off. Tries to get you to change lanes over 1mile from the exit if you are in a far lane. Slows the car down too which is both dangerous and annoying. Makes sense if the car was self driving entirely as it needs to make sure it can get across all lanes to exit, but doesn't work with a human pilot!

Give it a go and see what you think. You can always code it off again.

Good question on the lane formation. I noticed if in the right most lane it moves to the right, middle lane it goes left. Haven't noticed what it does in the leftmost lane. I guess all cars from all manufacturers will need to follow the same logic, like the carkey consortium but for emergency lanes.
Many thanks

Thanks...I’m not going to code the lane guidance.....I could live with the early lane change but, the slowdown isn’t what I want to do on a motorway, so I won’t have them code that.....

I’ve gone through the coding sheet and I could only find two references to highway exit....I’m assuming if they skip the two highlighted lines it won’t be present. I’m surprised that there is no HU_MGU parameter....does that mean it isn’t selectable via an idrive menu option?

Thanks
Jason
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-04-2021, 06:30 AM   #167
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron G15 View Post
Many thanks

Thanks...I’m not going to code the lane guidance.....I could live with the early lane change but, the slowdown isn’t what I want to do on a motorway, so I won’t have them code that.....

I’ve gone through the coding sheet and I could only find two references to highway exit....I’m assuming if they skip the two highlighted lines it won’t be present. I’m surprised that there is no HU_MGU parameter....does that mean it isn’t selectable via an idrive menu option?

Thanks
Jason
If you aren't coding it yourself I wouldn't code exit assistant.

QmaN_vorhanden turns the feature on/off. If this is off then the QmaN land mask config is irrelevant.

With QmaN enabled, then the land mask determines the extent of the feature depending on region. So in some countries by default it will appear to be deactivated, in the UK it will provide a light touch of the feature and won't wiggle the wheel etc. With the landmask set to FFx, or presumably in a region where its full supported, then the full feature set is enabled and it wiggles the wheel and manages your lane changes via prompts.

It's part of the 'adapt to route/auto adjust speed to route' feature, so there is no separate i-drive menu other than that.

I fully expect it to perform auto lane changes in future, but until then I'm not using it.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2021, 06:53 AM   #168
Baron G15
Private
Rep

Quote:
If you aren't coding it yourself I wouldn't code exit assistant.

QmaN_vorhanden turns the feature on/off. If this is off then the QmaN land mask config is irrelevant.

With QmaN enabled, then the land mask determines the extent of the feature depending on region. So in some countries by default it will appear to be deactivated, in the UK it will provide a light touch of the feature and won't wiggle the wheel etc. With the landmask set to FFx, or presumably in a region where its full supported, then the full feature set is enabled and it wiggles the wheel and manages your lane changes via prompts.

It's part of the 'adapt to route/auto adjust speed to route' feature, so there is no separate i-drive menu other than that.

I fully expect it to perform auto lane changes in future, but until then I'm not using it.
That’s very helpful....greatly appreciated!
J
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2021, 02:49 PM   #169
juhcobywankenobi
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2019 BMW 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
It's odd that your mappings are incorrect, and that you couldn't simply extract the psdzdata without modification.

Where are you getting your psdzdata, and what tool are you using to extract?

I'm guessing you 'guessed' which values were correct, but good news its working.

They definitely need to improve the recognition, but now its out there they should be getting diagnostic data to adjust the behaviour. I do find it detects the lights 95% of the time, auto accepts 50% of the time, and stops once accepted (manual or auto), 99% of the time.

Sometimes it just doesn't see the light until late, or its a type it doesn't recognise.

Stop signs aren't supported for stopping as yet. No indications in coding that stoppschilder will be used to activate. It's possible they'll just update the existing TLA to include stop signs without any additional coding.
Received the psdzdata from shawnsheridan so it should be reputable. And I'm using BreeZip in windows to decompress the image. When you decompress yours do those empty folders show up?

Yes, I guessed the placeholders based on the screenshot you sent me and recorded all the details so I could go back:
C_SLA_aUCC_Land_aktiv : DG3000_188_191_109 -> 08,00,00,00 -> FF,FF,FF,FF

That's what I was thinking is that stoppschilder will just be enabled via the cloud (best case scenario). If not perhaps in the 03/2021 update via coding.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2021, 03:48 PM   #170
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
When you decompress yours do those empty folders show up?
Yes they do. I'm using winrar and can see the empty odx\dist before extraction.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2021, 04:46 PM   #171
juhcobywankenobi
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2019 BMW 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Installed winrar, didn't realize they were still around I used to use them a while back cool . It created all the empty folders, but the same result with the trimmed codes.

I'm having the team at EsysX, very bizarre..
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2021, 04:59 PM   #172
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Installed winrar, didn't realize they were still around I used to use them a while back cool . It created all the empty folders, but the same result with the trimmed codes.

It does look like the mappings are off. They don't officially support 11/2020 but my older version of esysx does have those codes mapped, so it's either a local install issue or the version they sent you has an issue.

If you upgrade it often doesn't update properly, but if you've installed from fresh or uninstalled then installed esysx, then it's probably your newer version.

I've seen it when they've tried to map a newer I-step without the full mapping set direct from BMW, and it's actually made the mappings worse. In that scenario the codes were all DG* like you are seeing
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2021, 05:20 PM   #173
juhcobywankenobi
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2019 BMW 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

It does look like the mappings are off. They don't officially support 11/2020 but my older version of esysx does have those codes mapped, so it's either a local install issue or the version they sent you has an issue.

If you upgrade it often doesn't update properly, but if you've installed from fresh or uninstalled then installed esysx, then it's probably your newer version.

I've seen it when they've tried to map a newer I-step without the full mapping set direct from BMW, and it's actually made the mappings worse. In that scenario the codes were all DG* like you are seeing
That seems to make the most sense, considering you have an older version of EsysX, the one I have probably is partially updated for 11/2020 and made it worse. Hopefully they can sort it out.

Maybe they'll offer a free update to the full 11/2020 mapping for my troubles, haha just kidding =]

Thanks a bunch for your help, I'll report back after I get more info from them.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2021, 05:44 PM   #174
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

All new features described and how to activate and use them. Coding required for pre -MY21.

https://euroncap.blob.core.windows.n...st_section.pdf

Includes an explanation as to why the car slows for auto lane change guidances. Makes sense, but still a poor experience.

Explains how to use TLA and limitations.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2021, 06:10 PM   #175
juhcobywankenobi
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2019 BMW 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
All new features described and how to activate and use them. Coding required for pre -MY21.

https://euroncap.blob.core.windows.n...st_section.pdf

Includes an explanation as to why the car slows for auto lane change guidances. Makes sense, but still a poor experience.

Explains how to use TLA and limitations.
This is awesome, I know this is a trimmed version of the handbook, starting to think they should have just a book on the Driving assistance systems, it's getting pretty involved now with the added features.

Thanks for posting, always nice to see the instructions and intended use from the manufacture. I wonder if there is a way to enable these in the owners manual in the car via coding hmm..
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2021, 07:45 AM   #176
bimmerelectric
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Bmw 330e 2019

did someone check if: "Wiederanfahren" (go at green light, probably aSLA), "Stoppschilder" (I think also aSLA at stopsigns?) or "Engstellenassistent" (narrow passage assistant) are working?

thanks
Appreciate 0