BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

06-02-2022, 03:49 PM   #67
wendyp
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
Purely curious because I haven't had an iphone in a decade, but do iphones not have fast charging? Cause I have a PD battery which charges my phone in 15 min so basically I never plug it in in the car daily cause it's just easier not to (i.e., hassle with cords & Qi is too slow to be useful).

If I'm on a roadtrip and running JBV1, so the phone is always on showing the police warnings, I just put it in the cupholder and plug it in on top and then run Waze via android auto.

anyway, just wondering what the use-case is to need elaborate mounts ... Just never needed a mount on a daily basis, though I have occasionally used a windshield mount for JBV1.

For texts or whatever I just pick up my phone at a stop light, and for calls I use the bluetooth.

Just Gen-X curious, thanks!
I can't speak for everyone, but I can't find a good place to put my phone and I don't like it in my pocket. So for me it's more just a place to hold it where it won't slide between the seats and I can still use my cupholders - not too concerned with charging tbh.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2022, 03:54 PM   #68
wendyp
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e

Did anyone here try mounting something in the blank space directly to the left (in US) of the middle screen? from what I understand, there's nothing there to block and given it's a glossy plastic surface, should take a suction cup or whatever. I suspect it wouldn't work for any larger phones like iphone max, but seems out of the way.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2022, 10:28 PM   #69
Sample
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 335i/G05 X5 xDrive40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendyp View Post
I can't speak for everyone, but I can't find a good place to put my phone and I don't like it in my pocket. So for me it's more just a place to hold it where it won't slide between the seats and I can still use my cupholders - not too concerned with charging tbh.
You can get one of those pockets that go between the seat and center console. It prevents things from falling between the seats and can be used for storage.
Appreciate 0