BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

01-07-2021, 12:55 AM   #1
Anterialis
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW G05 45e

Q about xDrive - G05 45e (hybrid)

Hi.
I have several years of experience with BMW regular RWD "system", and something I was really looking forward to getting the G05 (xDrive) was to never again having the inner wheel spin and slowing the car down when doing steep turns (e.g. entering a new road at a T-intersection, turning right).

But for some reason I seem to have the exact same problem with the xDrive system. Going right in this before mentioned T-intersection makes the inner wheel (right, rear) lift off somewhat, and spin. I believe this cuts engine power (and thus power to all wheels), and the car slows down.

Why can't the xDrive system just use ABS to slow down the single spinning wheel (in this case, rear right wheel), sending momentum instead to all the other wheels which have traction?

When turning "Traction" ON, things are much better. In order to better understand why this happens, could someone try to explain to me why my "solution" would not work? And how the system actually works? I've looked at several YouTube-videos and read some articles, and it all sound great in theory. But in my particular case, it seems to not work as intended...?

Thanks =)

Last edited by Anterialis; 01-07-2021 at 01:32 AM..
Appreciate 0