BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

03-26-2021, 05:11 PM   #1
Duke92
Rep
Drives: 997 C4S

Anthracite-Brown Poplar Matte Wood Trim dropped?

I placed an order for M50i Phytonnic with Tartufo leather and Matte Poplar trim (4KT) on 2/26. Went into production and received VIN Yesterday.

Looking through build again this evening and confirming options, I don't see matte trim on the build. Assume it is typically listed. Did it get dropped? I know there are supply chain issues. Anyone else in same boat? This was an important component of the build for me (none of the cars in stock in the SE had the correct combo of PB, Tartufo, and matte trim prompting me to special order).
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2021, 05:15 PM   #2
Chapel Hill
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

It should show up under Standard Features. I'd be surprised if BMW dropped it. I ordered mg M50i a few days prior to you and it has this trim - which is a fantastic trim btw and great with the Tartufo.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2021, 05:22 PM   #3
Duke92
Rep
Drives: 997 C4S

Phew, I think you are right. It says "Brown poplar wood trim." I was looking for "Antracite-brown matte." Just went back to the builder and the matte trim is the only Poplar.

Thank you.
Appreciate 1
      03-26-2021, 11:19 PM   #4
FracGuy
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 Ford F150 FX4 SuperCrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke92 View Post
Phew, I think you are right. It says "Brown poplar wood trim." I was looking for "Antracite-brown matte." Just went back to the builder and the matte trim is the only Poplar.

Thank you.
I hope you're right. Just placed an order yesterday for an M50i in Dravit Grey with Anthracite Brown Matte Poplar trim...would be disappointed if it's been dropped......!
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2021, 12:49 AM   #5
beegee227
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 xDrive 45e M Sport , i4 40e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke92 View Post
I placed an order for M50i Phytonnic with Tartufo leather and Matte Poplar trim (4KT) on 2/26. Went into production and received VIN Yesterday.

Looking through build again this evening and confirming options, I don't see matte trim on the build. Assume it is typically listed. Did it get dropped? I know there are supply chain issues. Anyone else in same boat? This was an important component of the build for me (none of the cars in stock in the SE had the correct combo of PB, Tartufo, and matte trim prompting me to special order).
I have this exact color combo and ordered it solely based on online renderings. It looks super IMO.

You won't regret your decision. It's a killer combo.

2023 i4 40e M Sport | Brooklyn Grey | Cognac Sensatec
Appreciate 0