BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

09-09-2022, 11:24 AM   #1
JJFARRIS1
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW x5 2023

Wireless charging tray

Is there a way to activate the charging tray. I ordered 2023 x5 with Executive package, it deleted the wireless charging from the Premium package and I missed adding it back. The charging tray is there in the console just like my prior 2020 x5 and it worked great. I just thought the Executive package would include all the premium package items. My mistake
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2022, 11:30 AM   #2
nZtiZia
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: eVeRyOnE mAD!

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJFARRIS1 View Post
Is there a way to activate the charging tray. I ordered 2023 x5 with Executive package, it deleted the wireless charging from the Premium package and I missed adding it back. The charging tray is there in the console just like my prior 2020 x5 and it worked great. I just thought the Executive package would include all the premium package items. My mistake
I'm confused. do you have the wireless charging tray or not? for those vehicles where it was deleted or not ordered, there is still a physical tray in the same spot, but it has no charging components or LTE compensator installed underneath. only the NFC components are installed.

if you ordered the wireless charging tray but it was deleted due to supply issues, you should've received a $500 credit.

if you truly don't have the charging tray, it's a bit of work to wire one up but others have DIY'd their own solutions. you may consider this: https://a.co/d/15tECxQ

even though I have the charging tray, I'm considering getting this as it adds a charging tray for my passenger
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2022, 01:56 PM   #3
JJFARRIS1
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW x5 2023

Charging tray is there but no charging components are there as it was deleted when I selected the Executive Package. Just wondering if it can upgraded after the fact.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2022, 06:12 PM   #4
jad03060
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 45e

Quote:
Charging tray is there but no charging components are there as it was deleted when I selected the Executive Package. Just wondering if it can upgraded after the fact.
Anything is possible, but may not be economically feasible. The package includes not only the charging, but an LTE compensator (essentially, a cellular amplifier) that connects to the antenna on the roof. The harness for power and to the compensator are not likely in place, but you won't know for sure until you took things apart. The compensator is in the rear left of the vehicle.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2022, 03:57 AM   #5
mmm50i
Captain
Rep
Drives: '22 X5 M50i & '23 Model Y

Quote:
Does your tray have an LED? It normally turns on when a phone is charging. Also, if you look closely at the logo on your tray, is it the NFC logo? Or does it actually show the battery in the center of the logo?

Wireless charging was deleted on my car. I don’t have an LED on my tray and my tray’s logo doesn’t have a battery on it. The tray can only be used with the NFC card or my phone (digital key card) to start the car. The actual wireless charging pad can be retrofitted. The part may be available at your dealership.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2022, 07:40 AM   #6
Vyper340
Retired Navy
Rep
Drives: AMG GLE 63S, X5MC, ZO6, Raptor

This is the replacement part. Wonder if it’s simple plug and play.
https://www.bmwpartsdeal.com/parts/b...tra2=&filter=()
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2022, 05:25 PM   #7
jad03060
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 45e

To save extraneous wires and plugs, BMW tends to not include them for options...the harnesses tend to only be there to handle what the vehicle was built with in the factory with few exceptions. You'd have to check to see if the harness part numbers are different. If you're lucky, it's an easy swap, but it may not be.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2022, 03:17 PM   #8
gfeiner97
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X540i

https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1747989
Appreciate 0