12-19-2022, 10:14 PM   #1
loj68
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Garage List
  [0.00]
Partial CarPlay audio drop every 5 minutes

The strangest thing has started to happen in my vehicle (2021 X5) when streaming any audio via CarPlay and my phone. Upon starting the vehicle, CarPlay works without issue for about 5 minutes and any audio I play comes through all speakers. After about 5 minutes, audio drops to only the center dash speaker, almost as if the audio is navigation voice directions. If I do nothing, audio will eventually resume from all speakers after about 60 seconds. Alternatively, I can pause and immediately press play and the audio will resume from all speakers. This has been going on for a couple of months now since getting a new phone (14 Pro Max). I was able to recreate the issue in a ‘23 X7. Anyone had/heard of this issue before?
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2022, 11:43 PM   #2
timmahh
ghey
United_States
Rep
Drives: Viertürigen Fahrzeugs

No issues on my 21, 14 Pro Max with iOS 16.2. I have one cut out, but it is in the same spot on the freeway, so outside interference for sure.

Does the reliability change if you’re not listening to music, or some other music source, etc? Any new gadgets that you carry besides the phone? Metallic phone case by chance?
      12-20-2022, 02:01 PM   #3
loj68
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Garage List
  [0.00]
No, nothing. Thought it might be interference from my watch but I can replicate the issue in both cars without the watch. Other phones work fine, their presence (or lack there of) doesn’t seem to have an impact on how the system behaves with my phone.
Appreciate 0