E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > Insurance renewal question - help please?

08-17-2012, 07:58 AM   #1
bmwak
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 440i M-Sport Gran Coupe

Insurance renewal question - help please?

Hi guys,
In a bit of a dilemma here and am wondering if someone can help regarding car insurance renewals.

There was a minor incident that happened in 2010 where my old 1 Series and someone elses car made contact (through no fault of my own) on a roundabout. As neither vehicle had any damage we left it at that. The other party did contact their insurance company though and notified mine. This got put down as a marker on mine under the question ‘have you had any accidents in the past 3 years’ despite me not making a claim.
When it happened they put it down, then on the second year they removed it but the quote was high. I rang them up and they said you had this incident back in 2010 and we consider this as a higher risk, despite you saying you weren’t at fault and will need to state this in my insurance docs. Now the third year’s insurance renewal has come through and it has been removed again (the incident becomes 3 years old next year, when it can happily drop off there).

At the moment I’m thinking of shopping around as my quote is higher again this year. However, my question is does something like this have to be declared (because my insurance company keeps on removing it). Also what would I put it down as when receiving new quotes, No fault, no recovery made or partial fault no recovery made? Obviously the third party at the time thought that they weren’t at fault and I thought that I weren’t at fault, so is this partial blame or non fault from my point of view?

Appreciate anyones help on this please.
Appreciate 0