BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

01-31-2020, 07:30 PM   #45
DSTJ99
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '20 X7 40i - Tanzanite/Coffee

I just picked up my 2020 X7 last week and the only issue I am having with CarPlay is that it never seems to auto connect consistently. Probably more than not I have to go the mobile devices page and select my phone or my wife's if she is driving. I've messed with settings but not sure what the issue is. We park in the garage which has good WiFi coverage from the house and I am wondering if that is part of the issue.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2020, 07:56 AM   #46
randybobandy
Rick James
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i xDrive

If the phone is connected immediately and you're using CarPlay as your default...try setting one of your 1-8 buttons as a shortcut to your Music in CarPlay and another as your Phone in CarPlay. If I am understanding you correctly, you have to dig through the mobile device menu to get into CarPlay, correct?
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2020, 11:48 AM   #47
jonathanf84
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 1 Series

Did anyone find a solution to this. I have the same problem and I don’t want to pay for more data when I have plenty on my phone. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2020, 12:46 PM   #48
Pro55
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 G05 30d

Well I’ve had car play issues for the last year. If Siri was activated it would cull the connection and would not return at all until i stopped the car. Turned off the ignition and restarted. Same if i received an iMessage. I had an IPhone 7.
Just got an iphone 11and suddenly it works like a dream. No dropping connection. Streaming music all good. Dictating messages, no problem. No change in the car. Just a new phone. Very strange.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2020, 01:35 AM   #49
mgnmpl
Private
Rep
Drives: X5 M50d (G05)

I did not find a solution to that issue and am still paying a subscription for internet in the car.
I hope it will change when I’ll change my phone to newer (I still use X).
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2020, 05:52 AM   #50
tbizzle86
Private
South Korea
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X5 XDrive40i

I just got my 2021 X5 delivered to me in Korea thru the BMW military sales. My car acts like Apple CarPlay isn't even installed. It shows it's connected on my phone under settings, CarPlay. But the idrive itself doesn't give me an option for CarPlay. I watch numerous videos but my car just doesn't have CarPlay as an option to connect to. I knew navigation wasn't going to work with the car being in Korea, but Apple CarPlay runs off your phone. My personal hotspot for WiFi doesn't work either since I'm in Korea. That's no biggie either, I just don't know what I should. Does anyone has any input or seen this before?

2021 X5 Xdrive 40i, M Sports Package, Alpine White, Coffee Vernasca Leather, Executive Package, Third-row seat, 21" Y spoke rims
Appreciate 0