There's a storm coming
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW Vader

Garage List
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unit View Post
I just don’t see the point in messing with the sound on the diesels. You can make them slightly better but it’s a diesel at the end of the day.
have you heard the M50d?
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2020, 03:56 AM   #46
Unit
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK - 421 View Post
have you heard the M50d?
Yes I had one on extended drive mate when ordering my M50i as they didn't have the V8 in at the dealer.

It's a lovely car. I think it's the best diesel on UK roads and I loved it which is why I placed my order. Sounds great for a diesel but a lot of it is synthetic sound via speakers. It's a diesel at the end of the day so pretty pointless throwing money at pricey exhausts trying to make it sound like a petrol.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2020, 03:57 AM   #47
TK - 421
There's a storm coming
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW Vader

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unit View Post
Yes I had one on extended drive mate when ordering my M50i as they didn't have the V8 in at the dealer.

It's a lovely car and I loved it which is why I placed by order. Sounds great for a diesel but a lot of it is synthetic sound via speakers. It's a diesel at the end of the day so pretty pointless throwing money at exhausts trying to make it sound like a petrol.
i totally agree, sports exhausts actually make them sound worse imho, but this is regarding 'active sound' and switching to M50d mode from 30d
Appreciate 1
Unit218.50
      10-24-2020, 07:05 AM   #48
Jurcek
Jurcek
Slovenia
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 F15&X6 G06 (both M50d)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMAS99 View Post
I have 50d and most of all sounds much better when in sport. I would want somehow to unblock the sound even when in comfort mode
Did you manage to find a solution? Yessss, it would be great to listen “sport sound” in comfort mode 😉
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2020, 05:53 PM   #49
AlexM
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G06 X6 M50d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurcek View Post
Did you manage to find a solution? Yessss, it would be great to listen “sport sound” in comfort mode 😉
I think you can set this under Individual mode. I personaly don't like it. Normal sound is sporty and sexy enough, at least on M50d. When i hit sport, I can hear the note is the same but only volume increases. And this fake volume increase is unfortunately too noticable, like you would literally play it on your radio

X6 M50d Tanzanite Blue
F36 440i GC/retired; F30 328i/retired; E92 335i/retired
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2020, 03:06 AM   #50
Jurcek
Jurcek
Slovenia
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 F15&X6 G06 (both M50d)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexM View Post
I think you can set this under Individual mode. I personaly don't like it. Normal sound is sporty and sexy enough, at least on M50d. When i hit sport, I can hear the note is the same but only volume increases. And this fake volume increase is unfortunately too noticable, like you would literally play it on your radio
Partly yes, partly no ... yes, you can configure "Sport Individual" for example Damping: Comfort, Steering: Comfort, Engine: Sport, Transmission: Comfort ... this way I do believe you get a "Sport sound" ... but at the same time, I would like to hear it without selecting the mode every time I start the engine

Personally I like it a lot ... at the end of the day, car has 400 HP, but I agree with you ... normal sound is sporty and sexy as well, much more compared to M50d installed in F15 ...
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2021, 02:50 PM   #51
Jelle_Luyten
Belgium
Rep
Drives: G05 X5 M50D

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMAS99 View Post
I have 50d and most of all sounds much better when in sport. I would want somehow to unblock the sound even when in comfort mode
BimmerCode..,

Did it myself.., easy-peasy

Programmed fix in Sport-Individual.., 👍👍👍