Drives: 2022 Porsche Boxster GTS

Garage List
  [0.00]
2022 Porsche Boxste ...  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MystroX5 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auricom View Post
Higher resolution renders of the M Multifunction seating. ///M tri-color trim detail is nice touch:

BMW Individual Volllederausstattung Merino Schwarz | Schwarz
Attachment 2145111

BMW Individual erweiterte Lederausstattung Merino Coffee | Schwarz
Attachment 2145112

BMW Individual Volllederausstattung Merino Elfenbeinweiß | Schwarz
Attachment 2145113

Leder Vernasca Tacorarot | Schwarz
Attachment 2145114
These look like they will be the X5M seats but the full M will have a alcantara center section. Side bolsters are great but a PIA to get in and out. They will also show accelerated wear on the bolsters because of this. There is no free ride the more performance oriented you go.
That's true but I think it would be worthwhile depending on who is using the car and how it's used. even for cruising I like seats of that style because they tend to be very supportive. I'd love one as an office chair (Recaro makes some but not worth the $5k)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEC View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidRobot View Post
They are, if you've ever been in an M5/M8/M850i etc you'll see what I mean. They're still comfort seats but with more bolstering. That style is my favorite because it's comfy and keeps you in place i.e. is very supportive.
Are they different from the seats in the new X3M? I found those to be less comfortable than the multi-contour seats. Although they are more heavily bolstered, they had less padding and wouldn’t be as comfortable on long trips, IMO.
yes, X3M seats are smaller and not as comfortable imo I prefer the M5 seats which are the most similar
2018 BMW M2 Mineral Grey(SOLD)
2019 BMW X5 50i Carbon Black/Tartufo (SOLD)
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2019, 03:19 PM   #24
archivedaccount
Rep
n/a
Drives:

"The functionality of the Driving Assistant Professional will be enhanced in the new BMW X5 and new BMW X6 with the addition of the new Lane Change Assistant, which aids the driver with automated steering movements during overtaking manoeuvres."

I find the new auto lane change a massive improvement over the previous iteration.

It changes lanes almost instantly, and if its not safe to do so immediately, will queue the request for a few seconds then move when the lane is clear.

It also preps the cars speed if moving into a lane with slower traffic ahead, so it doesn't have to brake hard in the new lane.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2019, 07:18 PM   #25
Auricom
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 xDrive40i M Sport

Quote:
They are, if you've ever been in an M5/M8/M850i etc you'll see what I mean. They're still comfort seats but with more bolstering. That style is my favorite because it's comfy and keeps you in place i.e. is very supportive.
Yes Sir, the seats are identical in design as the ///M5

Name:  Screen Shot 2019-09-19 at 8.08.50 PM.png
Views: 418
Size:  1,017.6 KB

Appreciate 2
JustChris17423.00
      09-19-2019, 07:55 PM   #26
AndroidRobot
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Porsche Boxster GTS

Garage List
  [0.00]
2022 Porsche Boxste ...  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auricom View Post
Quote:
Yes Sir, the seats are identical in design as the ///M5

Attachment 2145460
the X5 ones have more upper bolstering seemingly but I really enjoyed the M5 seats when I test drove a few
2018 BMW M2 Mineral Grey(SOLD)
2019 BMW X5 50i Carbon Black/Tartufo (SOLD)
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2019, 11:24 AM   #27
jumpingpint
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 50i 2017

The functionality of the Driving Assistant Professional will be enhanced in the new BMW X5 and new BMW X6 with the addition of the new Lane Change Assistant, which aids the driver with automated steering movements during overtaking manoeuvres.

^ is this already available for the x5 that is being built, or is it something new starting Dec 2019?
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2019, 12:38 PM   #28
archivedaccount
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Unless the article is referring to a new lane change system, that can also prevent illegal under/overtaking, then it's available for existing models that have 07/2019 i-step. I'm just not 100% if its currently coded on by default during the upgrade/new build.

It's very obvious if you have the new version - it works instantly and flawlessly, whereas the previous iteration was sluggish and limited.

I went back to the previous iteration for a short-time - I didn't realise how clunky and slow it really is. The new version changes lanes more efficiently and probably safer than I can, which is the ultimate point of the 'assist' systems I guess.
Appreciate 0