04-20-2020, 01:40 PM   #45
IND-Distribution
BMW obsessed
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 / G82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobilejo View Post
I remember it being announced when I had my G30 in 2019. I don't know if they actually released it yet
I believe they did as a retrofit kit. We have yet to get any request for them though.
      04-20-2020, 05:09 PM   #46
BetraNAP
Registered
Rep
Drives: 120 F20 335Ci E46

Quote:
Originally Posted by fricfracfrank View Post
Are the grills only illuminated during entry and exit of the vehicle or do they stay on during nighttime driving?
Its connected to the headlights, if you have your headlights on the grill will be on
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2020, 05:25 PM   #47
mobilejo
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G06 X6 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetraNAP View Post
Its connected to the headlights, if you have your headlights on the grill will be on
Doesn't have to be, you can set it to only illuminate when the car is locked/unlocked and not be on when driving.
Appreciate 1
      04-21-2020, 11:37 PM   #48
kkratochvil
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW, X6, M50i

Quote:
Doesn't have to be, you can set it to only illuminate when the car is locked/unlocked and not be on when driving.
Or you can turn it off in its entirety. I attached a snapshot of the iDrive screen with the settings for reference.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-02-2020, 11:00 PM   #49
BMWSAC
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW

"Iconic" because it highlights the BMW kidney grills. Like the size, shape, current trend or not, the twin kidney grills are indeed Iconic.

Name:  glow.JPG
Views: 2098
Size:  246.1 KB
Appreciate 1
realdah57.00
      08-16-2020, 07:02 PM   #50
Paladin1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 iX xDrive50, DGM

Garage List
Yep. It says "it's a BMW," coming at you or coming up behind you at night. Whether you think that's a good thing or a bad thing, I suppose, depends. Like those who lovingly display their M badges - "it's an M." Or the beloved, rumbley exhaust - "it's a V8." Or put on 22" wheels, black out all the windows, and flatten it 1/2" from the pavement - "it's da bomb." I guess. Diff'rent strokes.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2020, 01:39 AM   #51
vkxkswk_xxxk
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin1 View Post
Yep. It says "it's a BMW," coming at you or coming up behind you at night. Whether you think that's a good thing or a bad thing, I suppose, depends. Like those who lovingly display their M badges - "it's an M." Or the beloved, rumbley exhaust - "it's a V8." Or put on 22" wheels, black out all the windows, and flatten it 1/2" from the pavement - "it's da bomb." I guess. Diff'rent strokes.
How can it be a bad thing? XD I'm just waiting for the X5 version to come out on the aftermarket.. or does anyone think that's not going to happen? Because I think I saw it will be available on the upcoming 5 series.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2020, 09:30 AM   #52
Bengsi0
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

X6 with the grill followed me this morning - not going to lie
looked f ing spot on so want this on my X5 now
Appreciate 1
parkstr8562.00
      12-09-2020, 06:11 AM   #53
Havy
Captain
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 M50i

I think it will be a new trend. BMW, VW, Skoda, Merc, Audi all have it.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2020, 05:15 AM   #54
Sunplus
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F02 740Li ,G06 X6

Thumbs up

Hello:
Congratulations on having a very distinctive luminous grille, which is what I dream of!
I have prepared the kidney-shaped LED lamp parts, and now I only need this light-emitting grille. Just like the high-gloss black-frame grille you can find at the dealer, I, I think this is the perfect match! Can you tell me the part number
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2020, 05:17 AM   #55
Sunplus
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F02 740Li ,G06 X6

Thumbs up

Quote:
I couldn't find a part number for the gloss black X6 grille anywhere, so I just told the dealer what I wanted and he found it on the system.

I simply bought the 'standard' X6 grille in black, and when I examined it up close, it became fairly obvious how to detach the surrounds from the slats. There are are a number of clips around the edge of the grille that you will see when you flip it over and look at the back of it, by just popping those with a small screwdriver, the surround comes right off the slats. The slats are all one solid unit, and the surround is one piece. So once separated you just end up with 2 pieces.

Removing the iconic grille is just like any other, with the addition of 2 electrical connectors for the illumination - you can only see those once you have pulled the grille off the car.

I separated the surround and the slats on both my black grille, and my iconic glow grille. Then I put the slats from the iconic into the black surrounds (just clips back in).

The lights and wiring connectors for the illumination are in the slats, so by putting the black surround on my iconic slats, the illumination works exactly as it is supposed to.

Honestly, once you have the grille in your hands, you will see exactly what I mean and its a very simple process.

Hello:
Congratulations on having a very distinctive luminous grille, which is what I dream of!
I have prepared the kidney-shaped LED lamp parts, and now I only need this light-emitting grille. Just like the high-gloss black-frame grille you can find at the dealer, I, I think this is the perfect match! Can you tell me the part number
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2020, 06:58 PM   #56
awon23
Rep
Drives: 435i GC

I'll say one thing, it looks better than Mercedes' glowing emblem.
Appreciate 0