BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

10-23-2020, 08:36 AM   #1
DENtoLAS
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 21 X5 40i

Pickup custom build at different dealership

My instincts tell me this is not possible but I am going to ask anyways.

I purchased my new custom build X5 at local dealership. The car will be shipped there and driven to my front door by the dealer.

I do plan on moving across the country within the next month. Is it possible to keep this same deal and have the car sent to a different dealership so I can avoid shipping it myself next month?

I can/will share build details once I get my VIN if anyone is interested. (msport/mineral white/ivory white merino/red msport brakes).

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2020, 08:49 AM   #2
Tenac
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: All

I had this same thing happen to me before. Work ended up moving me faster than we thought due to stars aligning!!! It came down to this once arrived at the dealer I had to pay 1300 or so to ship it to my new place. If your name is DEN TO LAS that should be that much probably more like 700 or less. OR option two order another one with a local dealer and wait. But for me there was changing destination once production started.
2015 M235 Manual
On the list for the M2 CS
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2020, 08:57 AM   #3
DENtoLAS
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 21 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenac View Post
I had this same thing happen to me before. Work ended up moving me faster than we thought due to stars aligning!!! It came down to this once arrived at the dealer I had to pay 1300 or so to ship it to my new place. If your name is DEN TO LAS that should be that much probably more like 700 or less. OR option two order another one with a local dealer and wait. But for me there was changing destination once production started.
Thank you for the feedback. Was your car covered while shipping? How did it turn out? I've shipped cars before uncovered and they always get dinged up.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2020, 09:04 AM   #4
Tenac
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: All

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENtoLAS View Post
Thank you for the feedback. Was your car covered while shipping? How did it turn out? I've shipped cars before uncovered and they always get dinged up.
I paid for an enclosed trailer, price was a bit higher but worth it. Also verified shipper had insurance. The dealer really helped me locate the shipper and did most of the work for me, I just had to pay when it arrived. It was on time no issues but they do typically state 3 day grace period due to weather or unforeseen issues, flat tires ect.
2015 M235 Manual
On the list for the M2 CS
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2020, 10:23 AM   #5
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENtoLAS View Post
My instincts tell me this is not possible but I am going to ask anyways.

I purchased my new custom build X5 at local dealership. The car will be shipped there and driven to my front door by the dealer.

I do plan on moving across the country within the next month. Is it possible to keep this same deal and have the car sent to a different dealership so I can avoid shipping it myself next month?

I can/will share build details once I get my VIN if anyone is interested. (msport/mineral white/ivory white merino/red msport brakes).

Thanks!
you would have had to set up the courtesy delivery at the beginning of the order. Once the order starts you wouldn't be able to change it last minute. you can however dial in shipping arrangements with your dealer no problem. Trucking usually runs 1-2k depending on location/covered non covered/ and demand.

to anyone who is thinking about something like this, it def is an option. You can take delivery of your car at another dealership via courtesy delivery. this would have to be negotiated between your sales rep and the delivery dealer.

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 0