BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

02-22-2024, 05:03 PM   #45
kennybb
Private
Rep
Drives: XM

BMW uk will not tell me anything just say they will heavily compensate me when I collect the cat find out of the uk you get a lot more information
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2024, 05:20 PM   #46
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by beammeupscottie View Post

BMWNA advised that they issue parts in order of production date/VIN# when the stop sale / recall for the air bag was pending. Perhaps something was different then or possibly now. Thats what and how it was explained last time. ����‍♂️
You got bad information. Recall parts are definitely not issued, and never have been, in production date order. Just think about it, how could that work? They could have a ton of parts sitting someplace (can't be sent to a dealer since the work can be done anywhere) waiting to be used as people have not followed through on the recall and the people who want/need the parts not getting them.

As outlined in the notice, BMW will not issue parts for the fix prior to when the letters go out which is currently scheduled for April 5th. Before that the parts will not be available for the recall.
      02-22-2024, 07:54 PM   #47
beammeupscottie
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 Comp BGM / Sahkir

Garage List
[QUOTE=TurtleBoy;30926733]You got bad information. Recall parts are definitely not issued, and never have been, in production date order. Just think about it, how could that work? They could have a ton of parts sitting someplace (can't be sent to a dealer since the work can be done anywhere) waiting to be used as people have not followed through on the recall and the people who want/need the parts not getting them.

As outlined in the notice, BMW will not issue parts for the fix prior to when the letters go out which is currently scheduled for April 5th. Before that the parts will not be available for the recall.

They explained that there were limited parts available for the knee airbag repair and they were sending out the repair parts in-order of production because those produced earlier would most likely be already sold and in use. That made sense at that time because mine had only just arrived at the sales center then at the final inspection before releasing it to me the recall was triggered and created the stop sale. They explained that they’d rather not have a faulty airbag released to a customer for safety and they figured I wouldn’t have alternate transportation.
Bad information or not; that makes sense.
I’m only reporting what I was told by the sales center and BMWNA.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2024, 08:36 PM   #48
TurtleBoy
General
Rep

Quote:

They explained that there were limited parts available for the knee airbag repair and they were sending out the repair parts in-order of production because those produced earlier would most likely be already sold and in use. That made sense at that time because mine had only just arrived at the sales center then at the final inspection before releasing it to me the recall was triggered and created the stop sale. They explained that they’d rather not have a faulty airbag released to a customer for safety and they figured I wouldn’t have alternate transportation.
Bad information or not; that makes sense.
I’m only reporting what I was told by the sales center and BMWNA.
I understand, dealers often make up things and give out misinformation. Since people come to this forum looking for guidance and information we should always try to correct bad info when it is posted. Often that information is from dealers or Genius so it is not a fault of members when they pass it along.
      02-27-2024, 06:49 AM   #49
dougieroads
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW Active Tourer

I know I'm not the right car owner for this site, but I have followed it with interest over the last two weeks.
I have struggled to find much in the UK regarding this current safety recall.
Most of my information has come from you guys, as I cannot find anything in the press over here.
Even some dealers hadn’t heard, so when I enquired about approved used BMW vehicles for sale, I told them to check for Stop Sale.
And yes, vehicles were on stop.
One dealer did tell me they were notified 20th December 2023 and made customers aware of the situation.

I have had Series 3 and 5 models in the past, now with retirement looming, decided to take some funds from my pension pot to purchase an approved used Active Tourer.
I found one at a local dealer with low mileage and six months old.
On 8th and 9th February I made bank transfers for the full amount, having being told it had to be done before the end of the month.
On 13th February, three hours before collection, I was told of a recall and could not collect the car.
No remedy in sight and no alternative solution.

In the end I took some legal advice that the vehicle was not fit for purpose and I should therefore have a courtesy car or a full refund.
Despite what BMW say on their own website, I was then told that the car was not mine (having paid £35k to dealer!)
After a discussion it was agreed that I could have a courtesy car.

I had doubt in my mind as I believe that the dealer knew before taking my cash of the recall.
I decided to forget the courtesy car and take the full refund.
They did admit that they knew on 20th December but weren’t made aware of which cars.

My refund was promised to be in my bank by Tuesday 27th, but as yet at 07:17 GMT it has not appeared.
Bank BACS transaction payments are normally made between 01:00 an 07:00 on the day of payment.

Still no car and no cash and interest on pension funds lost
Happy to discuss this miserable saga further.
Latest is that my refund may be in the bank tomorrow.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2024, 08:58 AM   #50
iss10
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M5

I put a deposit on a used 2023 X5 m50e 21st Feb and signed the vehicle order. But during the process the dealer advised me of the stop sale. BMW UK website shows that there isn't a recall on the vehicle, but when I speak to a customer service rep at BMW UK and the dealer, they have advised there is a recall.

Due to distance selling regulations, I am able to cancel within 14 days as I haven't physically been to see the car. I'm hoping there is a resolution soon, but from reading the comments in this post, I'm doubtful.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2024, 11:36 AM   #51
kennybb
Private
Rep

There no information bmw uk I went to get my XM January when collecting the car was told they only just put the stop on it that day was a lie was the 20th December they said only be a couple days gave me a car that was 8 weeks ago bmw uk will not tell u anything it’s only been February since this come to light more in America I’ve had more information off here then I have the garage and bmw uk they just keep telling me when I get the car will look at some sort of compensation. I did have an x5 50e with deposite paid on the car and they sold it to somone else as you can Imagine if that was not bad enough I then go spend another 60k and still no car and no information when I can collect my car
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2024, 11:44 AM   #52
kennybb
Private
Rep

That’s a lot of parts to get out
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-29-2024, 02:43 AM   #53
dougieroads
Registered
Rep

After twice being promised that I would receive my refund, a strongly worded email was sent to the dealership and BMW Customer Service UK.
Refund was finally paid into my bank account yesterday, less my original deposit.
This is a fight for today, to try and get my deposit back.
Appreciate 2
MSX99.50
      02-29-2024, 11:52 AM   #54
MSX
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougieroads View Post
After twice being promised that I would receive my refund, a strongly worded email was sent to the dealership and BMW Customer Service UK.
Refund was finally paid into my bank account yesterday, less my original deposit.
This is a fight for today, to try and get my deposit back.
What model Active Tourer was it?
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2024, 10:21 AM   #55
dougieroads
Registered
Rep

It was the 225e Luxury trim PHEV - Registered in the UK Sept 23 but it doesn't come up as recalled on BMW Recall Check or the UK Government check
I have now received all of my refund, but it took a lot of effort creating stress at home - even though I was completely within my rights.

Research has pointed me to Oct 23 registration and newer to be clear of any recall.
I have decided to stick with BMW and ordered an approved used Active Tourer 225e M Sport PHEV. 5 months old with 4,000 miles on the clock.
There are only 4 Active Tourers within the UK that meet my spec. and not to be recalled.
It's coming from Scotland and the dealer has been very good at sending me videos. I had to pay a very small reservation fee and small transport fee.
Delivery will be to a Click and Collect hub not far from my location and I only pay the full amount on collection. I can still refuse on collection, but the money I would lose is very low. My wife is still not so sure but I'm 100% positive.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2024, 11:42 AM   #56
beammeupscottie
Major
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
It was the 225e Luxury trim PHEV - Registered in the UK Sept 23 but it doesn't come up as recalled on BMW Recall Check or the UK Government check
I have now received all of my refund, but it took a lot of effort creating stress at home - even though I was completely within my rights.

Research has pointed me to Oct 23 registration and newer to be clear of any recall.
I have decided to stick with BMW and ordered an approved used Active Tourer 225e M Sport PHEV. 5 months old with 4,000 miles on the clock.
There are only 4 Active Tourers within the UK that meet my spec. and not to be recalled.
It's coming from Scotland and the dealer has been very good at sending me videos. I had to pay a very small reservation fee and small transport fee.
Delivery will be to a Click and Collect hub not far from my location and I only pay the full amount on collection. I can still refuse on collection, but the money I would lose is very low. My wife is still not so sure but I'm 100% positive.
Sometimes the company can be hit or miss with customer service.
I’ve had more great experiences over poor experiences so that’s why I stick with the company. They seem to get behind their product.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2024, 03:21 PM   #57
dougieroads
Registered
Rep

I have been advised by a UK dealer this afternoon, BMW now have a fix today.
By fix, I would imagine passed the drawing board stage.
When it goes into production and installation, who knows.
I am sticking to my plans and awaiting delivery of my car from Scotland.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2024, 03:24 PM   #58
TurtleBoy
General
Rep

Quote:
What problem/solution are you referring to?
      03-05-2024, 05:50 AM   #59
MSX
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Good luck, when are you expecting delivery?
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2024, 01:40 PM   #60
mango773
Russia
Rep
Drives: X5M LCI

expensive part though. looks like it's in stock in many warehouses.
source
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-08-2024, 06:30 AM   #61
umzzy
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5

Garage List
2009 BMW 335i  [10.00]
Quote:
Did you get the quote for the early lease termination?
Ended up going with the early lease term. I ended up only having to pay $76. Car goes back next friday.
Appreciate 1
      03-08-2024, 09:39 AM   #62
beammeupscottie
Major
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by umzzy View Post
Ended up going with the early lease term. I ended up only having to pay $76. Car goes back next friday.
How much did you lose on the down and driveoffs?
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2024, 04:43 AM   #63
MSX
Private First Class
Rep

Has anyone actually had the repair carried out yet?
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2024, 06:46 AM   #64
TurtleBoy
General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSX View Post
Has anyone actually had the repair carried out yet?
As mentioned in the other thread you asked about this, a few have. In the US, BMWNA is not scheduled to send out the letters until April 5th.
      03-16-2024, 03:52 PM   #65
kennybb
Private
Rep

I have had my braking system done on my XM now parts fitted there doing all cars sold and waiting to go out or in stock
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2024, 09:15 AM   #66
Gladiator1972
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Looking for 2024 X5 x40i

Bump
Appreciate 0