Maxi_for_Life
Mister
Romania
Rep
Drives: Bmw x6 3.5xd Bmw X5 G05

Many problems with ConnectedDrive. Can't activate anything

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
I am owner of the new G05 M50d phytonic blue for one month already.
The car was registered on connected drive Austria on my account.
I have a ticket on bmw connected drive for about one month.
I can't buy anything from the store. I want to buy remote services and carplay.
I try to move the car on another market (Germany) but i have the same issues.
No answers for Bmw. I call them every day to resolve. It is very frustrating. I cannot book any services from the store. I believe this is a big issue for European market.
Any ideas please? I wait for BMW to resolve but nothing yet. Anyone in the same situation?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-15-2019, 03:11 PM   #2
Mieleo
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2019 x5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornekus View Post
I am owner of the new G05 M50d phytonic blue for one month already.
The car was registered on connected drive Austria on my account.
I have a ticket on bmw connected drive for about one month.
I can't buy anything from the store. I want to buy remote services and carplay.
I try to move the car on another market (Germany) but i have the same issues.
No answers for Bmw. I call them every day to resolve. It is very frustrating. I cannot book any services from the store. I believe this is a big issue for European market.
Any ideas please? I wait for BMW to resolve but nothing yet. Anyone in the same situation?
Have you try restart systems?
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2019, 03:17 PM   #3
Maxi_for_Life
Mister
Romania
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mieleo View Post
Many times. It is a BMW service problem. One month and no resolution about this issue. Worst service for a new car.
This car is useless without ConnectedDrive services for me....
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2019, 06:35 PM   #4
Refujeet
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X7

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mieleo View Post
Many times. It is a BMW service problem. One month and no resolution about this issue. Worst service for a new car.
This car is useless without ConnectedDrive services for me....
Agreed.

I didn't have connected drive for a month after buying and felt handicapped. Navigation with without traffic, and the lack of mobile app support, got annoying.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2019, 06:38 PM   #5
twinturbomann
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X5 M50i, 2022 X6 X40i

I had to go back to the dealer so they could re-register my account under a diff email and insane password. Then I had to call BMW genius to walk me through a reinstall option on while sitting in the car, delete the phoneapp, and finally reinstall the phone app and login. It worked.....grab a drink after that.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2019, 11:37 PM   #6
Maxi_for_Life
Mister
Romania
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinturbomann View Post
I had to go back to the dealer so they could re-register my account under a diff email and insane password. Then I had to call BMW genius to walk me through a reinstall option on while sitting in the car, delete the phoneapp, and finally reinstall the phone app and login. It worked.....grab a drink after that.
Quote:
My dealer cannot help me. This is a BMW server issue. They say i must wait until they resolve but i wait for about 30 days already. They said that this is not a particular issue and this affects many cars from Europe. Very annoying because when you buy a new car like this you expect that everything work smoothly.
This is my 4 car that i buy from my dealer. I don't think i will choose bmw again. It is not the dealer fault.
Yesterday bmw costumers care closed my phone in my face. I don't deserve such a treatment. I was a bmw consumer for the last 15 years. This is my last bmw for sure.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2019, 07:53 AM   #7
Doc5513
Captain
Rep
Drives: X5

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
My dealer cannot help me. This is a BMW server issue. They say i must wait until they resolve but i wait for about 30 days already. They said that this is not a particular issue and this affects many cars from Europe. Very annoying because when you buy a new car like this you expect that everything work smoothly.
This is my 4 car that i buy from my dealer. I don't think i will choose bmw again. It is not the dealer fault.
Yesterday bmw costumers care closed my phone in my face. I don't deserve such a treatment. I was a bmw consumer for the last 15 years. This is my last bmw for sure.
I picked up my 40i yesterday. ConnectDrive wasn't working at the dealer. When I got home and tried again it worked great!!
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2019, 08:00 AM   #8
Maxi_for_Life
Mister
Romania
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc5513 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I picked up my 40i yesterday. ConnectDrive wasn't working at the dealer. When I got home and tried again it worked great!!
I try also this many times. Another ConnectedDrive account . I move the car there. I see the defaults aps on my dash but can't book new services like :remote, digital key or carplay. This is my problem.
There is a time for each car to activate on ConnectedDrive account after you put the code in (that you received in your car).
I see the car there (see my attached photos) but i can't book anything.
So the ConnectedDrive on the car is working in my car but without carplay or remote services is useless for me.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2019, 11:17 AM   #9
ttsar
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i / 2025 M4 comp

Quote:
I try also this many times. Another ConnectedDrive account . I move the car there. I see the defaults aps on my dash but can't book new services like :remote, digital key or carplay. This is my problem.
There is a time for each car to activate on ConnectedDrive account after you put the code in (that you received in your car).
I see the car there (see my attached photos) but i can't book anything.
So the ConnectedDrive on the car is working in my car but without carplay or remote services is useless for me.
I am in Austria as well.

Several problems concerning the ConnectedDrive APP so far:
- I have the digital key registered in the Donaustadt BMW store, then they told me to install the key on my phone (I have a Galaxy S8+) via the app, I've tried 50 times each time I just get a "installation failure" message.
- I've bought the remote control service, but I don't find the horn/3D-view/remote start options in the Android app, only lock/unlock and light flashing are possible.
- I have a digital key, I don't have the height adjustment function (my 40i is equiped with air suspension) on the key as described in the catalogue and in the operations manual.

The car dealer seems to have no clue at all about how to deal with these issues
Appreciate 0