09-08-2020, 04:57 PM   #155
marcosg
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2024 G05 X5 M60i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavyd View Post
Does the sport display show in the HUD when selected in sport mode. Until 07/2020.35 you have to select always to see it in the HUD and not doesn't show when you switch to sport and Sport display mode is selected. Is this resolved with .45?

Anything else resolved with 07/2020.45?
No, it's not resolved yet (I have 07/2020.45).
I haven't noticed anything from .30 to .45.

I actually noticed that CD BMW Assistance is greyed-out and not working. Anyone else has this problem on .45?
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2020, 06:29 PM   #156
saintsinc
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcosg View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavyd View Post
Does the sport display show in the HUD when selected in sport mode. Until 07/2020.35 you have to select always to see it in the HUD and not doesn't show when you switch to sport and Sport display mode is selected. Is this resolved with .45?

Anything else resolved with 07/2020.45?
No, it's not resolved yet (I have 07/2020.45).
I haven't noticed anything from .30 to .45.

I actually noticed that CD BMW Assistance is greyed-out and not working. Anyone else has this problem on .45?
What is CD BMW Assistant ?
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2020, 06:26 AM   #157
GaryK4
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 xDrive 40i Tanzanite

Garage List
2020 BMW X5 40i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsinc View Post
What is CD BMW Assistant ?
Connected Drive BMW Assistant. It is an app for Android or iPhone.
      09-20-2020, 06:01 AM   #158
mij
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e

There's an update for Esyx which fully supports 07/20 PSdZData, did anyone find anything new / interesting yet?
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2020, 06:24 AM   #159
Deja011
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mij View Post
There's an update for Esyx which fully supports 07/20 PSdZData, did anyone find anything new / interesting yet?
I got the update this morning but there are still a few mappings missing. It has fixed a few which were previously trimmed.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2020, 06:26 AM   #160
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Tesla MY LR AWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deja011 View Post
Quote:
I got the update this morning but there are still a few mappings missing. It has fixed a few which were previously trimmed.
Which are trimmed?
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2020, 06:43 AM   #161
Deja011
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Hi ifr,

I have highlighted a few.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-20-2020, 07:04 AM   #162
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deja011 View Post
Hi ifr,

I have highlighted a few.
Thanks. They aren't trimmed they are placeholders for future coding to be used by BMW.

What is interesting with 07/2020.x is that some of these have started to be used as active codes, whereas previously they weren't.

Esysx etc won't be able to map them until BMW add the actual code description in future cafd
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2020, 07:36 AM   #163
mij
Germany
Rep

So no new codable features from first look?
I would really like a longer hands off period on DAP, currently it already shows yellow warning after like 5 seconds, maybe 10 in stop and go traffic
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2020, 08:39 PM   #164
gnommon
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X7

Quote:
So no new codable features from first look?
I would really like a longer hands off period on DAP, currently it already shows yellow warning after like 5 seconds, maybe 10 in stop and go traffic
Can be done today. You can fully turn it off.
Haven't figured out how to do it thought.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2020, 01:07 AM   #165
mij
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnommon View Post
Can be done today. You can fully turn it off.
Haven't figured out how to do it thought.
Yeah I know that some people have turned it fully off already, however I also understand that they don't want to share the coding for it as it probably will be missused a lot. There's already enough news with people sleeping in Teslas while driving..
That's why I would love to just extend the timespan a little bit, for convenience.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2020, 01:47 AM   #166
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Yeah I know that some people have turned it fully off already, however I also understand that they don't want to share the coding for it as it probably will be missused a lot. There's already enough news with people sleeping in Teslas while driving..
That's why I would love to just extend the timespan a little bit, for convenience.
There is no coding to disable Hands On Detection with the 5AU drive assist pro cars.

What we really need is enablement of 5AR (eTJA) in the EU. That's tried and tested in multiple markets and allows indefinite hands off on motorways up to 40mph.

I have hands off any speed any road. BMW advertised eTJA and auto lane change when I bought the car in the UK, but then didn't deliver and told me it wouldn't be possible to retrofit either feature.

So I decided to fix it myself, got back into coding, and discovered and published the codes for auto lane change. I never figured eTJA but used another method to 'workaround' that constraint.

If BMW had delivered the car I bought from the brochure, then in all likelihood I would never have gotten back into coding.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2020, 03:37 AM   #167
mij
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifr View Post

If BMW had delivered the car I bought from the brochure, then in all likelihood I would never have gotten back into coding.
That's the same reason I got into coding. Even after taking delivery and discovering that Lane Change Assistant is not present in my car, it was still actively being advertised as part of DAP in the German brochure and on the BMW homepage

Unfortunately I don't have enough coding experience to figure everything out by myself, so I'm trying to pierce the information together from bits and pieces I find on various forums. Hence my initial question about any new discoveries with latest Esysx update
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2020, 04:16 AM   #168
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
That's the same reason I got into coding. Even after taking delivery and discovering that Lane Change Assistant is not present in my car, it was still actively being advertised as part of DAP in the German brochure and on the BMW homepage

Unfortunately I don't have enough coding experience to figure everything out by myself, so I'm trying to pierce the information together from bits and pieces I find on various forums. Hence my initial question about any new discoveries with latest Esysx update
I think you have most of the new features as you have a MY21 car.

Does you traffic light assistant stop for Red Lights or just slow and display the light status (RAG), assuming you have the new TLA which is different to the stop/give way/red light warning system?
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2020, 05:18 AM   #169
mij
Germany
Rep

Quote:

Does you traffic light assistant stop for Red Lights or just slow and display the light status (RAG), assuming you have the new TLA which is different to the stop/give way/red light warning system?
It shows the light status only when DAP is active and stops only after I press "set", which is exactly how I like it at the moment, because the system gets confused way too much with different traffic lights at different lanes.
But it does not show the red lights when DAP is not active, except the warning when it thinks I'm about to blow through a red light / stop sign.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2020, 05:29 AM   #170
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
It shows the light status only when DAP is active and stops only after I press "set", which is exactly how I like it at the moment, because the system gets confused way too much with different traffic lights at different lanes.
But it does not show the red lights when DAP is not active, except the warning when it thinks I'm about to blow through a red light / stop sign.
Ok there is a nuance there that could potentially be addressed in coding.

Mine will stop without pressing 'set' if the lights are simple. In complex scenarios it asks for 'Set' to be pressed. Works really well.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2020, 05:38 AM   #171
mij
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Ok there is a nuance there that could potentially be addressed in coding.

Mine will stop without pressing 'set' if the lights are simple. In complex scenarios it asks for 'Set' to be pressed. Works really well.
Oh interesting, I didn't know it's possible to automatically set it in easy situations. If you have an idea why it's different for me, would you PM me any details?
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2020, 06:30 AM   #172
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Oh interesting, I didn't know it's possible to automatically set it in easy situations. If you have an idea why it's different for me, would you PM me any details?
It's different for multiple regions. Some have the full behaviour (UK), some your behaviour (DE), others have TLA in HUD/CiC but the car doesn't stop (US), others have a hard block and get no feature (AUSY).

Edit for follow-up: German region G20 can be coded to automatically accept and then stop for red traffic lights

Last edited by ifr; 09-21-2020 at 11:53 AM.. Reason: new info
Appreciate 0