03-24-2020, 07:38 PM   #23
doctorttt
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 G06

Quote:
Originally Posted by puckybadger View Post
I paid $1584 for XPEL Ultimate. Full front end, full hood, full front fenders, mirrors, dorr cups, door edge, headlights. Very satisfied.
$1584 seems to be a good deal. I paid $1480 for front and rear bumpers, full front hood, all four door cups, both mirrors, and gas cap. XPEL Ultimate as well.
Appreciate 1
      10-30-2020, 05:22 PM   #24
codex57
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5 45e, Tesla Model 3

Damn, the installer I'm considering using is charging $2400 for full front protection (hoods, side mirrors, bumper, headlights). That's WAY more than anything I've seen here. They're internet famous and do seem quite anal (all custom, use heat lamps to help cure/shrink the wrap, do paint correction before applying, etc). Gotta decide if it's all worth it vs a shop I don't know much about.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2021, 09:23 PM   #25
smomin23
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by polychromatic View Post
Not to hijack, but what I would like to know is what panels are most susceptible to rock chips.

One local shop recommended by BMW dealer in Austin: $399 front bumper, $1599 Front end for XPel.
What shop was this? Also did you end up getting it done?

I'm shopping around in the Austin market right now. Reached out to a few but have some time so still taking recommendations
      01-21-2021, 12:01 AM   #26
Mr.blue
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M550i Xdrive, 2021 X5M co

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTENGR View Post
In Atlanta it's anywhere between 1,200 and 2,000 dollars. I expect it to be slightly more in the Chicago area.
I came to this thread just see if clear wrap was worth the price but then I noticed the price. I am being quoted $2000 just for the bumper and the front part of the hood, not even half the hood. He said $3000 to cover the whole hood and $4000 to include the fenders and mirrors. This is a small town outside of Nashville, TN to use Xpel products. This sounds bit expensive right? I don't know, any input?
      01-21-2021, 07:26 AM   #27
Burnt C6
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.blue View Post
I came to this thread just see if clear wrap was worth the price but then I noticed the price. I am being quoted $2000 just for the bumper and the front part of the hood, not even half the hood. He said $3000 to cover the whole hood and $4000 to include the fenders and mirrors. This is a small town outside of Nashville, TN to use Xpel products. This sounds bit expensive right? I don't know, any input?
Damn. I just had mine done and picked it up yesterday. They touched up all rock dings, did a clear Bra for the complete front half of the vehicle. Also had a premium ceramic coating put on it that included the wheels and calipers. It cost me $3616 that includes the voluntary donation to the start of Texas. I'm just outside of Houston though and there are a lot of people here that provide the service so competition may be helping the price.
Appreciate 1
Mr.blue218.50
      01-21-2021, 09:47 AM   #28
smomin23
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
In Atlanta it's anywhere between 1,200 and 2,000 dollars. I expect it to be slightly more in the Chicago area.
I'll be paying $1,745 for:

Full bumper
Full hood
Full fenders
Lenses
Mirrors
Door cups
Door edges
A-pillars
Front header
Door sills
Behind the plate frame

I'm out of Austin, TX and we have plenty of installers so I'm sure competition is part of the pricing model here. That said, the numbers they are quoting you are just unreal. I mean $4k should do about ¾ of the car.
      01-21-2021, 08:50 PM   #29
daytonabch04
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 X5 40i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by smomin23 View Post

Full bumper
Full hood
Full fenders
Lenses
Mirrors
Door cups
Door edges
A-pillars
Front header
Door sills
Behind the plate frame

I'm out of Austin, TX and we have plenty of installers so I'm sure competition is part of the pricing model here. That said, the numbers they are quoting you are just unreal. I mean $4k should do about ¾ of the car.
$1745 is a dang good price. In Indy, I'm paying $1850 for a full frontal.

Full Hood
Full Fenders
Full Bumper
Headlights
Foglights
Mirrors

Yours is the better deal for sure...I'm also getting paint correction and a 9H ceramic coating done. Can't wait to pick it up tomorrow.
Appreciate 1
Mr.blue218.50
      01-21-2021, 09:04 PM   #30
smomin23
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by daytonabch04 View Post
Quote:

Full bumper
Full hood
Full fenders
Lenses
Mirrors
Door cups
Door edges
A-pillars
Front header
Door sills
Behind the plate frame

Full Hood
Full Fenders
Full Bumper
Headlights
Foglights
Mirrors

Yours is the better deal for sure...I'm also getting paint correction and a 9H ceramic coating done. Can't wait to pick it up tomorrow.
Yeah man, this was definitely the best price in Austin. Was a bit worried his work would be subpar but took a look at it and it really is pretty good work.

Doing 9H (silver pkg) as well with an additional layer of 9H a la carte and wheels off coating for about $1,405

Can't wait to see how deep the jet black looks!
      01-22-2021, 07:35 AM   #31
Mr.blue
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Full bumper
Full hood
Full fenders
Lenses
Mirrors
Door cups
Door edges
A-pillars
Front header
Door sills
Behind the plate frame

Wow! That is a great
price for all of that. I found another guy who quoted me prices of at least half of what the other guy quoted me. The thing is that people are actually paying these ridiculous prices!
      01-22-2021, 07:45 AM   #32
VTENGR
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:
From what I've seen in and around Atlanta, that is not market rate. I even contacted a detail shop right by the BMW performance center that does a lot of cars for ppl who decide to do PDC. They were charging a premium, becuase, well, they could, and they quoted me something around $2,500 for full frontal, plus handle cups, plus ceramic. The pricing you're getting is outrageous.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2021, 07:45 AM   #33
Mr.blue
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Full bumper
Full hood
Full fenders
Lenses
Mirrors
Door cups
Door edges
A-pillars
Front header
Door sills
Behind the plate frame

Full Hood
Full Fenders
Full Bumper
Headlights
Foglights
Mirrors

Yeah man, this was definitely the best price in Austin. Was a bit worried his work would be subpar but took a look at it and it really is pretty good work.

Doing 9H (silver pkg) as well with an additional layer of 9H a la carte and wheels off coating for about $1,405

Can't wait to see how deep the jet black looks!
I think it will look incredible but I had a guy that talked me out of getting my wheels done saying that after a couple of months the wheels will show water spots. Like spots that will be hard to remove. I call BS on this because the wheels on my M550i still look great after 4 years and I was just fooling around and did those myself. Although the non-stick effects start to wear off a bit.
      01-22-2021, 07:59 AM   #34
Mr.blue
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
From what I've seen in and around Atlanta, that is not market rate. I even contacted a detail shop right by the BMW performance center that does a lot of cars for ppl who decide to do PDC. They were charging a premium, becuase, well, they could, and they quoted me something around $2,500 for full frontal, plus handle cups, plus ceramic. The pricing you're getting is outrageous.
Wow! I had an idea that he was trying to cheat me, for whatever reason people around the Nashville area try to charge you more for a service based on what's in your driveway or the area you live in. Maybe it's a race thing because when I email or speak to people over the phone I get better quotes from some. Lol! For every vehicle that I have bought in the last 10 years or so I've haggled the deal through email or phone. But seriously, I know when I'm being jerked around and I just say ok and leave.
      01-22-2021, 11:39 AM   #35
smomin23
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Wow! That is a great
price for all of that. I found another guy who quoted me prices of at least half of what the other guy quoted me. The thing is that people are actually paying these ridiculous prices!
Honestly I think some folks don't really shop around much and just go with what they think is acceptable.

Each their own I suppose
      01-22-2021, 11:45 AM   #36
smomin23
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I think it will look incredible but I had a guy that talked me out of getting my wheels done saying that after a couple of months the wheels will show water spots. Like spots that will be hard to remove. I call BS on this because the wheels on my M550i still look great after 4 years and I was just fooling around and did those myself. Although the non-stick effects start to wear off a bit.
I mean it's possible to "bake in" any defects that were on the wheel before the coating but I don't think I've ever experienced hard water spots develop under a coating.

Thankfully, I'm taking my car straight to detail after delivery so not worried about any major defects.

I was a little concerned about it wearing off and naturally it won't last as long as the coating on the paintwork but this shop also does an annual refresh for free. You have to get it inspected within 30 days of the anniversary of your initial service but as long as you do, they'll do a full refresh.

Figure as long as the wheel coatings last even 6 months, that's 6 fewer months every year where I'm scrubbing down every nook and cranny of the wheel to remove brake dust lol
      01-23-2021, 10:25 AM   #37
Burnt C6
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

Full Hood
Full Fenders
Full Bumper
Headlights
Foglights
Mirrors

what is he charging you for the Paint correction and Ceramic coating? just curious.
Appreciate 1
Mr.blue218.50
      01-26-2021, 08:46 PM   #38
daytonabch04
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnt C6 View Post
what is he charging you for the Paint correction and Ceramic coating? just curious.
I was charged:

$1875 XPEL Ultimate plus PPF (full hood, front bumper, front fenders, headlights, mirror caps)
$999 Ceramic pro silver PKG (2 layers of 9H, 1 layer ceramic pro, wheels, etc)
$400 Level 1 paint refinement (swirling on NEW vehicle- in addition to 1 hr free on ceramic coating)
$150 for a door ding (2-3 weeks from new )

$3k out the door for all...
Appreciate 2
Burnt C6254.50
Mr.blue218.50
      01-26-2021, 09:00 PM   #39
daytonabch04
United_States
Rep

Name:  BMW.jpg
Views: 804
Size:  1.17 MB

Final product
Appreciate 2
Mr.blue218.50
JMAN1111227.00
      01-26-2021, 09:39 PM   #40
smomin23
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Attachment 2514858

Final product
Dude that car looks hot 🔥
      01-27-2021, 12:12 PM   #41
Burnt C6
First Lieutenant
Rep

looks great. Here is mine. I like the way that the ceramic coating kind of gave the M Performance graphics we had put on a shine. It was a Matt look before.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
      01-27-2021, 01:50 PM   #42
iX52020
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5 xDrive40i

Anyone in the DMV area have experience with TLC Auto Detail? Gonna pull the trigger soon on a paint correction, clear bra, and ceramic coating one the new X5 rolls off the delivery vehicle.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2021, 05:53 PM   #43
Mr.blue
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
I mean it's possible to "bake in" any defects that were on the wheel before the coating but I don't think I've ever experienced hard water spots develop under a coating.

Thankfully, I'm taking my car straight to detail after delivery so not worried about any major defects.

I was a little concerned about it wearing off and naturally it won't last as long as the coating on the paintwork but this shop also does an annual refresh for free. You have to get it inspected within 30 days of the anniversary of your initial service but as long as you do, they'll do a full refresh.

Figure as long as the wheel coatings last even 6 months, that's 6 fewer months every year where I'm scrubbing down every nook and cranny of the wheel to remove brake dust lol
The annual refresh is a great incentive. That's a win win!
      01-29-2021, 06:02 PM   #44
Mr.blue
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Attachment 2514858

Final product
Looks great! Just curious, can you see any seams or tell where the ppf ends and paint begins? I'm how natural it looks in person. I have marina bay blue and I'm cautious of how it will look. I don't want to have it done and not like it