BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

06-13-2020, 01:22 PM   #1
wheine4147
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: bmw X6

MSDs

Are msd available to new owners who didn't have them on there previous lease. That is what a dealership told me today. Told me you had to be grandfathered in. As anybody else come across this. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2020, 01:38 PM   #2
Auricom
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 xDrive40i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheine4147 View Post
Are msd available to new owners who didn't have them on there previous lease. That is what a dealership told me today. Told me you had to be grandfathered in. As anybody else come across this. Thanks
Dealer is giving providing you with BS info. It's available for new BMWFS customers, prior and current:

TLDR;
The rate reduction is .00005 for each up to a total of 7. Max reduction is .00035.

BMW FINANCIAL SERVICES New Multiple Security Deposit Program

BMW of North America in conjunction with BMW Financial Services are pleased to announce that the Multiple Security Deposit (MSD) Rate Reduction Program will continue through January 2, 2020 and will be available for all customers who choose to either put down multiple security deposits on their new lease, or transfer the balance from their existing lease at lease end.

Note that the program has been continued and there has not been any program changes communicated.

https://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sh...809480?page=19

The structure for the program will be a money factor reduction of 5 points for every security deposit, with a maximum of 7 security deposits and a .00035 rate reduction. The contracted rate may not go below 0.00005.

Security Deposit Calculation
- Security Deposit are calculated by rounding the customer's payment up to the nearest $50 increment.

- For example, if the customer's monthly payment is $425, each security deposit should be $450. If the customer transfers $3,150 (7 x $450), they will receive the maximum rate reduction of 35 points.

- The monthly payment should be calculated with the rate reduction first.

- If the customer's payment is $425, but calculated at $399 once the 35 point reduction is applied, then the security deposit maximum is $2,800 (7 x $400).

- If the customer's current security deposit amount exceeds the maximum needed for the rate reduction, the surplus can be remitted to the customer at lease end.

- Security Deposits cannot exceed $749 for New York lessees.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-13-2020, 04:13 PM   #3
BarryB
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 30Jahre M5 plus a few more M's

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auricom View Post
Quote:
Dealer is giving providing you with BS info. It's available for new BMWFS customers, prior and current:

TLDR;
The rate reduction is .00005 for each up to a total of 7. Max reduction is .00035.

BMW of North America in conjunction with BMW Financial Services are pleased to announce that the Multiple Security Deposit (MSD) Rate Reduction Program will continue through January 2, 2020 and will be available for all customers who choose to either put down multiple security deposits on their new lease, or transfer the balance from their existing lease at lease end.

Note that the program has been continued and there has not been any program changes communicated.

The structure for the program will be a money factor reduction of 5 points for every security deposit, with a maximum of 7 security deposits and a .00035 rate reduction. The contracted rate may not go below 0.00005.

- Security Deposit are calculated by rounding the customer's payment up to the nearest $50 increment.

- For example, if the customer's monthly payment is $425, each security deposit should be $450. If the customer transfers $3,150 (7 x $450), they will receive the maximum rate reduction of 35 points.

- If the customer's payment is $425, but calculated at $399 once the 35 point reduction is applied, then the security deposit maximum is $2,800 (7 x $400).

- If the customer's current security deposit amount exceeds the maximum needed for the rate reduction, the surplus can be remitted to the customer at lease end.

This must be old as in the text it says "through January 2020"......although is probably still available.
60 Impala (43k orig mi)
15 Turbo S (Kobb tune and Kline exhaust)
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2020, 04:22 PM   #4
Auricom
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 xDrive40i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryB View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auricom View Post
Quote:

TLDR;

This must be old as in the text it says "through January 2020"......although is probably still available.
That's my understanding and noted in the post. Leveraged 7 MSDs on my MY20 X5 delivery in Dec 2019.

Appreciate 0
      06-13-2020, 05:04 PM   #5
Alan l.
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 F95 X5M Competition

Quote:
Dealer is full of shit. 100% not accurate.

Alan