BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

06-14-2020, 02:24 PM   #1
TxPres8th
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

2020 X5 xDrive40i Ordering Dilemma/Feedback

After reviewing these boards and asking lot's of questions I finally decided to pursue an order. Thanks everyone for your help. I hit the phone yesterday and learned that based on a memo issued in early June, 2020 X5 orders could no longer receive ventilated seats. It didn't necessarily exclude the luxury seating package, just that portion of it. So, my current pending deal is this:

2020 X5 xDrive40i
Arctic Gray
20" V spoke wheels
Ivory White Extended Merino Leather (requires multi contoured)
Fineline Stripe Brown High Gloss
Executive Package
Driving Ass. Professional Package
Space Saver Spare
Glass Controls
Harman Kardon Sound
MSRP $75,520 (not including luxury seating package which would have made it $76,370)
9% Discount off MSRP
$2500 APR Incentive
$1000 Corporate Incentive
Sales Price: $65,223.50 (13.6% off MSRP)

The dealership is having to reach out to a regional rep to determine if the massaging seats are available even though the ventilated seats are apparently not available. Unsure as to the availability of luxury seating package or what the pricing may look like if that portion is. Hoping to have an answer tomorrow.

The dilemma is if the dealer returns and says "both options, ventilated and massage options are out for 2020 builds" would you:

A: Move forward considering the discount and incentives having near the ideal build (forgo ventilated/massage seats) but ensure options like heated/cooled cup holders and soft close doors. And then maybe add an alternate option (IAS or air suspension) in place of the luxury seating package?

B: Pass on this deal, wait for 2021 to get the luxury seat options - knowing deals may be harder to come by for a while and incentives are entirely up in the air. And also, say goodbye to heated/cooled cup holders and soft close doors since they aren't available in this build in 2021. (My MSRP on the 2021 build would be $76,045 considering changes in packages)

Curious what your thoughts are as I weigh the scenarios.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2020, 03:00 PM   #2
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

I'm surprised your dealer can get a 2020 production slot at this point. From what we heard last week there were only a few left in the entire country.

Whether you go for this year or not should depend on how important the ventilated (and possibly massage) seats are to you. For me it would be a no brainer to skip the deal if massage wasn't available, those are a must-have while the soft-close and cup holders are just nice extras.

As far as discounts go, if this year follows last year (and that could be a big if with COVID-19) then the discounts on the new MY will be similar to what you are seeing now.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2020, 03:01 PM   #3
X5 45e
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxPres8th View Post
After reviewing these boards and asking lot's of questions I finally decided to pursue an order. Thanks everyone for your help. I hit the phone yesterday and learned that based on a memo issued in early June, 2020 X5 orders could no longer receive ventilated seats. It didn't necessarily exclude the luxury seating package, just that portion of it. So, my current pending deal is this:

2020 X5 xDrive40i
Arctic Gray
20" V spoke wheels
Ivory White Extended Merino Leather (requires multi contoured)
Fineline Stripe Brown High Gloss
Executive Package
Driving Ass. Professional Package
Space Saver Spare
Glass Controls
Harman Kardon Sound
MSRP $75,520 (not including luxury seating package which would have made it $76,370)
9% Discount off MSRP
$2500 APR Incentive
$1000 Corporate Incentive
Sales Price: $65,223.50 (13.6% off MSRP)

The dealership is having to reach out to a regional rep to determine if the massaging seats are available even though the ventilated seats are apparently not available. Unsure as to the availability of luxury seating package or what the pricing may look like if that portion is. Hoping to have an answer tomorrow.

The dilemma is if the dealer returns and says "both options, ventilated and massage options are out for 2020 builds" would you:

A: Move forward considering the discount and incentives having near the ideal build (forgo ventilated/massage seats) but ensure options like heated/cooled cup holders and soft close doors. And then maybe add an alternate option (IAS or air suspension) in place of the luxury seating package?

B: Pass on this deal, wait for 2021 to get the luxury seat options - knowing deals may be harder to come by for a while and incentives are entirely up in the air. And also, say goodbye to heated/cooled cup holders and soft close doors since they aren't available in this build in 2021. (My MSRP on the 2021 build would be $76,045 considering changes in packages)

Curious what your thoughts are as I weigh the scenarios.
I have all the options (except heated cup holders) you are considering. If I would forgo one I would consecutively exclude:

Soft close
Massage seats
Ventilated seat
IAS
Air suspension

I would rather have airsuspension and IAS than massage and ventilated seats and softclose.

You should try both however before ordering.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2020, 09:48 PM   #4
TxPres8th
Enlisted Member
Rep

This dealer already had two spots pending - but it was still in a stage that was able to be modified.

I see a post from last week by user MissionPerformance who ran into a similar issue but was told the massage seats also were not available - no update from them but I'm not optimistic based on the details they shared.

I'll post an update when I get one.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2020, 09:50 PM   #5
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxPres8th View Post
This dealer already had two spots pending - but it was still in a stage that was able to be modified.

I see a post from last week by user MissionPerformance who ran into a similar issue but was told the massage seats also were not available - no update from them but I'm not optimistic based on the details they shared.

I'll post an update when I get one.
The online Build was recently changed and the massage seats, actually the whole Luxury Seating package, has been removed.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2020, 01:51 PM   #6
TxPres8th
Enlisted Member
Rep

Update: Dealer was back in touch and confirmed that no aspects of the Luxury Seating package would be available for an order. So, 2020 is a no go. They did offer 4.5% off MSRP for a 2021 but that deal had been beat several weeks ago by a different dealer.

I'll wait for 2021 models to start hitting the ground and then rework the deal. I don't think it will take long for 2020 inventory to be gone. Thanks everyone for your help.
Appreciate 0