BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

07-02-2020, 12:28 PM   #11969
rwheels
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E93 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg View Post
I know how to quote. It's obviously a forum error. How about you work on your grammar because some of your posts are hard to read and that's not a forum error, that's a user error.

Practice what you preach.

Again, your reading comprehension is in the way, I'm talking about the increase in infection rates, and you reply with testing. Non-sequitur.

How does this support your opinion that we should have opened up?

I didn't say otherwise. Why are you bringing this up? Another non-sequitur.

A conversation is a two way street. When you start bringing up non-sequiturs as often as you do, it tells me how inconsiderate you are of the process. Either your reading comprehension is lacking, are choosing to avoid the subject, or aren't putting in the effort to convey how your responses relate to the conversation. Why should I take the time to read and answer your points when you do not show the same consideration?

A prime example was your reply:
"D. Check other post I've always advocated for mask in indoor public places."

I have no idea how this applies to my post. I did not mention masks. I'm guessing that you advocate opening up because masks are adequate protection from the virus, but I cannot assume that's what you mean. It's not my job to put the dots together for you just to have an intelligible conversation.
PSSST!
Attached Images

Appreciate 4
jmg8921.00
quick6707.00

07-02-2020, 12:38 PM   #11970
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i DCT

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwheels View Post
Quote:
I know how to quote. It's obviously a forum error. How about you work on your grammar because some of your posts are hard to read and that's not a forum error, that's a user error.

Again, your reading comprehension is in the way, I'm talking about the increase in infection rates, and you reply with testing. Non-sequitur.

A conversation is a two way street. When you start bringing up non-sequiturs as often as you do, it tells me how inconsiderate you are of the process. Either your reading comprehension is lacking, are choosing to avoid the subject, or aren't putting in the effort to convey how your responses relate to the conversation. Why should I take the time to read and answer your points when you do not show the same consideration?

I have no idea how this applies to my post. I did not mention masks. I'm guessing that you advocate opening up because masks are adequate protection from the virus, but I cannot assume that's what you mean. It's not my job to put the dots together for you just to have an intelligible conversation.
PSSST!
An astute observation.

Very funny!

07-02-2020, 12:41 PM   #11971
jmg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 CS, I01 i3 REx LCI

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwheels View Post
PSSST!
Lol he is either a troll or doesn't really have a firm grasp of the english language. There's nothing wrong with having english as a second language, but he has to at least try and have a conversation. We can't just argue in circles and bring up random bits of information that vaguely relates to the topic without putting in the effort to make it coherent. Use transition words. We learned how to do this in grade school. In fact, my son is going through this right now.

Norman would benefit from watching this video specifically 5:28

Using words like "with this in mind" would have completed his thought:

"D. Check other post(s). I've always advocated for mask in indoor public places. With this in mind, I support opening up because... blah blah blah"

I can't believe I have to teach someone grammar in a political forum.

Norman, how old are you and is english your second language? I've asked before but I missed the answer.
Previous: F80 M3 | I01 i3 Rex LCI | I01 i3 REx | F30 340i M Sport ZTR | F30 328i Sport | Audi B7 S4 25Quattro #33 of 250 | E21 320i
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2020, 12:53 PM   #11972
NormanConquest
That Libertarian Guy
Rep
Drives: 340i

Quote:

1. I reject your English and replace it with my own, if you disagree base on the left standards your being a bigot /s

2.offer a solid factual case instead of emotions or insults and I'm open for discussion

3. We have one of the largest population in the world, we are one of the largest counties in the world, we have the most travel both in our nation and around the world so of course our raw numbers are going to be higher and with increase testing more cases will appear. This is a virus that was spreading for at least 2 months before China reported anything and additional 2 1/2 months before the world took it serioisly. The cat was out of the bag a ton of people got infected and a society the travel as much as we do with as many people as we do have will of course have a high raw number case count.

4.you mention mask I responded and then you ask why i responded.

5. Subject matter generally have other factors, your arguement are generally it dripping and when I point to it raining your scream non-sequitur.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2020, 01:17 PM   #11973
jmg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by NormanConquest View Post
1. I reject your English and replace it with my own, if you disagree base on the left standards your being a bigot /s
You're naive if you don't think both the left and the right don't play this same game.

Quote:
2.offer a solid factual case instead of emotions or insults and I'm open for discussion
Where am I being emotional? More non-sequiturs.

Quote:
3. We have one of the largest population in the world, we are one of the largest counties in the world, we have the most travel both in our nation and around the world so of course our raw numbers are going to be higher and with increase testing more cases will appear. This is a virus that was spreading for at least 2 months before China reported anything and additional 2 1/2 months before the world took it serioisly. The cat was out of the bag a ton of people got infected and a society the travel as much as we do with as many people as we do have will of course have a high raw number case count.

AGAIN, how does this justify supporting opening up? HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO ASK THE SAME QUESTION UNTIL YOU ACTUALLY ANSWER IT?

Quote:
4.you mention mask I responded and then you ask why i responded.

Lets follow your train of thought:

You posted this, relevant part in bold:

Quote:
If you want double standard then look no further then my governor in the great state of NJ where he call business and people protesting the lockdown knuckle heads but then march arm and arm with the protestor who clearly violated the mask policy and social distancing.
Then I pointed out how Trump did the same thing:

Quote:
Speaking of violations of mask policies and social distancing are you that biased that it's okay in your mind for Trump to hold a RALLY as well? Unreal. You have no credibility.
You're reply:

Quote:
Trump has advocated openning up and so have I. I'm pointing out the hypocrisy of the left which your proving right now.
and another:

Quote:
D. Check other post I've always advocated for mask in indoor public places.
So basically, you lambasted a NJ governor for violating the mask policy and social distancing, and you stated that you advocate the use of masks. When I brought up Trump holding a rally which also violated the mask policy and social distancing, you pretty much ignored it. Confusing? It should be, because you are being hypocritical, not I.

Quote:
5. Subject matter generally have other factors, your arguement are generally it dripping and when I point to it raining your scream non-sequitur.
Wow. WTF does this even mean?

Asking again:

Quote:
Norman, how old are you and is english your second language? I've asked before but I missed the answer.
Previous: F80 M3 | I01 i3 Rex LCI | I01 i3 REx | F30 340i M Sport ZTR | F30 328i Sport | Audi B7 S4 25Quattro #33 of 250 | E21 320i
Appreciate 1
mbanks211130.50

07-02-2020, 02:37 PM   #11974
NormanConquest
That Libertarian Guy
Rep

Quote:
You're naive if you don't think both the left and the right don't play this same game.

Where am I being emotional? More non-sequiturs.

AGAIN, how does this justify supporting opening up? HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO ASK THE SAME QUESTION UNTIL YOU ACTUALLY ANSWER IT?

Lets follow your train of thought:

You posted this, relevant part in bold:

Then I pointed out how Trump did the same thing:

You're reply:

and another:

So basically, you lambasted a NJ governor for violating the mask policy and social distancing, and you stated that you advocate the use of masks. When I brought up Trump holding a rally which also violated the mask policy and social distancing, you pretty much ignored it. Confusing? It should be, because you are being hypocritical, not I.

Wow. WTF does this even mean?

Asking again:
A. I agree partisan hacks will be partisan hacks but one side is far more known for denying reality and resorting to insults

B. When are you being factual

C. I neither setup the mask policy or social distancing nor stated it should be mandated. The person i reference did and proceed it to violate it, selectively allow other to violate it, while at the same time raiding weddings and punishing business who try to reopen. My stance was always inform and advise not force.

D. Yes i know you have a hard time understanding the nuance of issues.

Last edited by NormanConquest; 07-02-2020 at 03:05 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2020, 05:39 PM   #11975
Eriphill
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

One thing both party establishments can agree on is a love for never ending wars.

"THE U.S. MILITARY HAS BEEN fighting in Afghanistan for almost nineteen years. House Democrats, working in tandem with key pro-war GOP lawmakers such as Rep. Liz Cheney, are ensuring that continues.

Last night, the House Armed Services Committee voted overwhelmingly in favor of an amendment — jointly sponsored by Democratic Congressman Jason Crow of Colorado and Congresswoman Cheney of Wyoming — prohibiting the expenditure of monies to reduce the number of U.S. troops deployed in Afghanistan below 8,000 without a series of conditions first being met."

The NYT anonymous leak about 'bounties on US troops' now makes perfect sense.

"Shortly after those White House withdrawal plans were reported, anonymous intelligence officials leaked a series of claims to the New York Times regarding “bounties” allegedly being paid by Russia to Taliban fighters to kill U.S. troops. Those leaks emboldened opposition to troop withdrawal from Afghanistan on the ground that it would be capitulating to Russian treachery. It was that New York Times leak that Liz Cheney, along with GOP Congressman Mac Thornberry, cited in a joint statement on Monday to suggest troop withdrawal would be precipitous"

https://theintercept.com/2020/07/02/...n-and-germany/
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2020, 06:26 PM   #11976
GrussGott
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Comp Indv

Garage List
2011 E93 M3  [0.00]
Most succinct, complete summary I've seen

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
I thought the next M4 was going to be a flying car powered by bloomin' onions and a teaspoon of mayonnaise. At least that's what I read on the internet @ BimmerPoop.org.
Appreciate 2
JMAC5150128.00
jmg8921.00

07-02-2020, 06:39 PM   #11977
jmg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
A. I agree partisan hacks will be partisan hacks but one side is far more known for denying reality and resorting to insults
Who's the big name-caller in the white house?

Quote:
B. When are you being factual
I asked you when I was being emotional and you answer with another question. Good job, genius.

Quote:
C. I neither setup the mask policy or social distancing nor stated it should be mandated. The person i reference did and proceed it to violate it, selectively allow other to violate it, while at the same time raiding weddings and punishing business who try to reopen. My stance was always inform and advise not force.
You pointed out a double standard. I pointed out another one.

Quote:
D. Yes i know you have a hard time understanding the nuance of issues.
You are the one who can't answer a simple question. How does China's misreported numbers justify your support for opening up?

Norman, how old are you and is english your second language?
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2020, 06:42 PM   #11978
floridaorange
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 bmw 320i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
Sounds about right good share G!
      07-02-2020, 06:48 PM   #11979
NormanConquest
That Libertarian Guy
Rep

Quote:
Who's the big name-caller in the white house?

I asked you when I was being emotional and you answer with another question. Good job, genius.

You pointed out a double standard. I pointed out another one.

You are the one who can't answer a simple question. How does China's misreported numbers justify your support for opening up?

Norman, how old are you and is english your second language?
1. I'm not Trump but it clear he just responding trash talk with trash talk.

2. Still waiting for a rational point from you

3. Lmfao so someone pointing hypocrisy, make someone a hypocrite omg your truly being ridiculous now.

4. The diease is not as serious as original thought now wr have aggressive testing which is properly reflecting how likely you are to die of this diease instead of just reporting those who are hospitalized. the shut down was to buy time so the hospital don't get overwhelm and we can develope treatment regiment which we have which has resulted in a 30%+ decline in morality on top of discovering non seriou, minor, and asymptomatic individuals in the public.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2020, 07:05 PM   #11980
jmg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

How do I know you are talking about LITERAL masks this time? Maybe it's the mask we put on in to hide our true feelings? Apparently you speak in metaphors because just the other day, fire isn't fire, but gunfire or social unrest. What a desperate attempt to backpedal that was. And here you are preaching to me about being "factual".

Here's you supposedly not being literal:

Quote:
Excuses for what? Really don't have to say much while Democrats cities are on fire due to state back cult allow to run amoke while those same administration punish businesses who are trying to make ends meat.
Nothing in that statement indicates you weren't being literal. The correct method of indicating that you weren't being literal would have been to use the term "figuratively". And Whiskey is wrong, you don't have to say "literally" every time you are being literal, that's redundant. If that were true, you would have been saying "literal masks" this entire time. See how stupid that is?

Quote:
Yes i wasn't being literal but was pointing out cities have been on fire. Also fire can apply to firing a gun which I already show the statistics is occuring right now. Fire also as in a state of decay and destruction which also applies. So pick which ever I was correct and your just trying to deflect because the truth hurts.
- NormanConquest, Backpedaling Gold Medalist

Yes, glad you checked the "statistics is occuring" gunfire. Fire is decay and destruction? I noticed the banana in the kitchen was on fire today... oh wait I meant it was decaying.

But seriously, here is why you are such a failure in conversation:

Quote:
So pick which ever I was correct
Like I stated earlier, you want me to connect the dots for you and choose the "correct" one so you don't have to. That's so lazy and gutless. What is to stop you from pulling this same bullshit again with any other point you make?

Masks? - I didn't mean literal masks!

Testing? - I didn't mean literal testing!

Re-opening? - I didn't mean literal re-opening!
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2020, 07:09 PM   #11981
jmg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
1. I'm not Trump but it clear he just responding trash talk with trash talk.

2. Still waiting for a rational point from you

3. Lmfao so someone pointing hypocrisy, make someone a hypocrite omg your truly being ridiculous now.

4. The diease is not as serious as original thought now wr have aggressive testing which is properly reflecting how likely you are to die of this diease instead of just reporting those who are hospitalized. the shut down was to buy time so the hospital don't get overwhelm and we can develope treatment regiment which we have which has resulted in a 30%+ decline in morality on top of discovering non seriou, minor, and asymptomatic individuals in the public.
Your grammar and spelling is horrifying. It's like talking to a high school dropout. If you don't respect the conversation enough to participate with give and take answering questions, why should I waste any more time on you? Answer my questions first, then we can talk. Till then...

PS - you didn't say "literal disease". How do I know you aren't talking about the disease of liberalism or selfishness or or something? At least be consistent if you are going to be pedantic.
Appreciate 2
      07-02-2020, 07:40 PM   #11982
NormanConquest
That Libertarian Guy
Rep

Quote:
How do I know you are talking about LITERAL masks this time? Maybe it's the mask we put on in to hide our true feelings? Apparently you speak in metaphors because just the other day, fire isn't fire, but gunfire or social unrest. What a desperate attempt to backpedal that was. And here you are preaching to me about being "factual".

Here's you supposedly not being literal:

Nothing in that statement indicates you weren't being literal. The correct method of indicating that you weren't being literal would have been to use the term "figuratively". And Whiskey is wrong, you don't have to say "literally" every time you are being literal, that's redundant. If that were true, you would have been saying "literal masks" this entire time. See how stupid that is?

- NormanConquest, Backpedaling Gold Medalist

Yes, glad you checked the "statistics is occuring" gunfire. Fire is decay and destruction? I noticed the banana in the kitchen was on fire today... oh wait I meant it was decaying.

But seriously, here is why you are such a failure in conversation:

Like I stated earlier, you want me to connect the dots for you and choose the "correct" one so you don't have to. That's so lazy and gutless. What is to stop you from pulling this same bullshit again with any other point you make?

Masks? - I didn't mean literal masks!

Testing? - I didn't mean literal testing!

Re-opening? - I didn't mean literal re-opening!

Your grammar and spelling is horrifying. It's like talking to a high school dropout. If you don't respect the conversation enough to participate with give and take answering questions, why should I waste any more time on you? Answer my questions first, then we can talk. Till then...

PS - you didn't say "literal disease". How do I know you aren't talking about the disease of liberalism or selfishness or or something? At least be consistent if you are going to be pedantic.

All I hear is an old man being more belligerent then Trump and more incoherent then Biden.

Typical tactic by the left assassinate the individual not the point or idea.

Last edited by NormanConquest; 07-03-2020 at 05:33 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2020, 07:45 PM   #11983
WhiskyPat12
Reclaiming My Time!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i

Garage List
Lol

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...812899329?s=20
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjb762 View Post
this might just be the alcohol talking, but I love you man...
Appreciate 2
hellrotm3333.00

07-02-2020, 08:04 PM   #11984
BimmerDimmer6
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 M3 6MT / 2019 Raptor

Yea, idk, those unemployment surveys always seem fishy to me. They literally just call random people and ask them "hey are you working."

Plus, if you look at the survey data, it says all surveys were conducted with the week of "June 7th through June 13th." Which is when cases and businesses were drastically different then they are now.

Seems weird for a monthly jobs report to only contain data collected within a single week.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-02-2020, 08:14 PM   #11985
turboawd
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskyPat12 View Post
That's awesome. And it's another perfect example of fake news by madow.
Appreciate 1
      07-03-2020, 12:52 AM   #11986
jmg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
"He's just not receptive to new facts," Bolton told CBS News on Wednesday. "The intelligence briefings don't communicate as much information as they should. We tried to think of ways to change that. I think it was probably a doomed effort."

Ned Price, a former CIA analyst and a spokesman for the National Security Council under former President Barack Obama, said Trump's unwillingness to pay attention puts the intelligence community in a bind. "It makes it virtually impossible for the president to be an informed participant in the discussion of policy responses," he said.

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5...b6acab284d73bf

Maybe they should have drew pictures with crayons.
Appreciate 2
mbanks211130.50

07-03-2020, 05:20 AM   #11987
HarrisGH
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerDimmer6 View Post
Yea, idk, those unemployment surveys always seem fishy to me. They literally just call random people and ask them "hey are you working."

Plus, if you look at the survey data, it says all surveys were conducted with the week of "June 7th through June 13th." Which is when cases and businesses were drastically different then they are now.

Seems weird for a monthly jobs report to only contain data collected within a single week.
I don’t see anything strange. A typical technique of controlled statistics. They will draw the numbers that are profitable to publish at the moment.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2020, 05:28 AM   #11988
NormanConquest
That Libertarian Guy
Rep

Quote:
"He's just not receptive to new facts," Bolton told CBS News on Wednesday. "The intelligence briefings don't communicate as much information as they should. We tried to think of ways to change that. I think it was probably a doomed effort."

Ned Price, a former CIA analyst and a spokesman for the National Security Council under former President Barack Obama, said Trump's unwillingness to pay attention puts the intelligence community in a bind. "It makes it virtually impossible for the president to be an informed participant in the discussion of policy responses," he said.

Two swamp figures one know to use false intel and lie to cause bloodshed the other is an appointee from one of the most corrupt presidency ever that even his Judges are notorious for being dubious.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2020, 10:44 AM   #11989
jmg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:

Two swamp figures one know to use false intel and lie to cause bloodshed the other is an appointee from one of the most corrupt presidency ever that even his Judges are notorious for being dubious.
I personally know several people who worked with Trump before he was POTUS and it is a well known fact that he doesn't like to read. These two are just drops in an ocean.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2020, 10:07 PM   #11990
The Chaddening
Major General
Rep
Drives: 13' E92 BSM 335i 6MT

Trump going off on BLM, about time! Hit!

War is Peace - Freedom is Slavery - Ignorance is Strength
Appreciate 1