BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

12-26-2019, 09:37 PM   #45
CoolStory
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 i40

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWZ4 View Post
There may be a Dinan ECU flash coming vs piggyback try emailing them. I would definitely be down for a Dinan flash tune
Thanks! I sent them a message looking for any tuning options they might have on the '19 X5 i40. If anyone else in Houston needs a tune, these guys are only 1 of 3 authorized dealers in all of Texas. That dealership is actually where I bought my ride. I don't recommend the sales people over there but their service guys seem to get great reviews on the forums and reddit searches.

https://www.bmwwest.com/dinan-performance-upgrades.htm
Appreciate 1
BMWZ41904.00
      01-09-2020, 01:34 AM   #46
Dr. Jekyll
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

So anyone posting up results or feedback from these chips/tunes?
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2020, 01:55 PM   #47
vinnymac
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 50e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Jekyll View Post
I've been running the RaceChip on my X5 40i and will be posting a 1,200mi review soon.
Appreciate 3
      01-10-2020, 05:31 PM   #48
teefive
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G05 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Jekyll View Post
Have been running the Dinan piggyback (Sport) and pleased. Will also be posting a review after I get some more miles on it.
      02-17-2020, 10:04 AM   #49
AKittrell
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X7; 2018 Panamera 4S

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolStory View Post
I believe it. Hell, the BMW dealership down the road from me actually installs the Dinan tune, which is why I'm likely going that route since I cannot get any clear answers from anywhere else.

I also know of an extremely large BMW dealership that pulled Dinan from their service center due to the number of issues it was causing.

I had an F15 with MPPK and Dinan piggyback experienced many "Drivetrain Malfunctions" that were caused by the Dinan addon. I can only imagine the issues had it been out of warranty. Dinan customer service has never been good whereas, I had a question regarding Racechip and reached a I've within two minutes of me calling. I am also not a fan of the move of Dinan to Alabama, maybe they did this to be closer to Mercedes(I think their SUVs are built there).
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2020, 12:47 PM   #50
CMBX23
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 19' X5 50 M-Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKittrell View Post
I also know of an extremely large BMW dealership that pulled Dinan from their service center due to the number of issues it was causing.

I had an F15 with MPPK and Dinan piggyback experienced many "Drivetrain Malfunctions" that were caused by the Dinan addon. I can only imagine the issues had it been out of warranty. Dinan customer service has never been good whereas, I had a question regarding Racechip and reached a I've within two minutes of me calling. I am also not a fan of the move of Dinan to Alabama, maybe they did this to be closer to Mercedes(I think their SUVs are built there).
I emailed Dinan to send my truck in as a development car almost 6 months ago. They told me they'd email me when they were ready to develop the software for the g05 50 in about January. Still haven't heard back from them. So, being impatient, I found Carbahn auto works and also offered my truck for their development program. While speaking with Carbahn, they told me that Steve Dinan is now with them and designing all of their tunes. Not sure how or why this is, but maybe has something to do with them moving to Alabama? Either way I wonder what the delay is.

Anyone running the Racechip Tune on a 50?
Appreciate 1
      03-07-2020, 07:03 PM   #51
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G09 XM, G05 X5 40, 991.2 T

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMBX23 View Post
Quote:

I emailed Dinan to send my truck in as a development car almost 6 months ago. They told me they'd email me when they were ready to develop the software for the g05 50 in about January. Still haven't heard back from them. So, being impatient, I found Carbahn auto works and also offered my truck for their development program. While speaking with Carbahn, they told me that Steve Dinan is now with them and designing all of their tunes. Not sure how or why this is, but maybe has something to do with them moving to Alabama? Either way I wonder what the delay is.

That Steve Dinan not with Dinan and starting up Carbahn is about 2+ years old news.

RaceChip wise, few guys been using it, but most are not very active in the forum.
Active Autowerke • KW • H&R • Ohlins • Remus • and more...
Appreciate 1
      03-07-2020, 07:19 PM   #52
AKittrell
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMBX23 View Post

Did you build your 50? If so, did you do Alpine or Mineral White?
Appreciate 1
      03-07-2020, 07:50 PM   #53
CMBX23
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by r33_RGSport View Post
That Steve Dinan not with Dinan and starting up Carbahn is about 2+ years old news.

RaceChip wise, few guys been using it, but most are not very active in the forum.
Old news to you, I found out 6 months ago.

I'd like to hear some reviews from anyone who is using it on a 50
Appreciate 1
      03-07-2020, 07:51 PM   #54
CMBX23
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Did you build your 50? If so, did you do Alpine or Mineral White?
I didn't build it, I bought it already configured in Alpine White.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2020, 07:27 AM   #55
subzero05
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 335

Quote:

bmw Scottsdale?
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2020, 01:29 PM   #56
AKittrell
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by subzero05 View Post
bmw Scottsdale?
Schomp BMW in Highlands Ranch, Colorado.

I am going to ask Scottsdale if they still install. Haven't seen any Dinan banners lately.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2020, 07:58 AM   #57
subzero05
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 335

Quote:
Schomp BMW in Highlands Ranch, Colorado.

I am going to ask Scottsdale if they still install. Haven't seen any Dinan banners lately.
they don't!. dropped Dinan a few years ago. Schomp did also huh? ouch
Appreciate 1
      04-27-2020, 12:12 AM   #58
007bimmer
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X5

Garage List
2020 BMW X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Guys,

I would like to share the news with you all.

RaceChip is finally released for G05 X5 application.

Some of you probably know about it already, but they finally confirmed the compatibility with the B58 engine on the G05 X5 xDrive40i.

It is a simple plug and play piggy back tune. 100% made in Germany.

Here are the list of the compatibility:
BMW G05 X5 xDrive40i
- RaceChip RS : +51 hp and +72 lb-ft tq
- RaceChip GTS Black : +61 hp and +86 lbs-ft tq

BMW G05 X5 xDrive50i
- RaceChip RS : +44 hp and +61 lb-ft tq
- RaceChip GTS Black : +53 hp and +73 lb-ft tq

App function are also available for both RaceChip RS and RaceChip GTS Black.
The App function will allows you to turn off, change the warm-up timer duration, and change the map via your SmartPhone.

Feel free to ask any question or PM me for pricing.

Attachment 2143213

Attachment 2143214
Do you have the install instructions? I'm curious as I looked at the ones for the JB4 and it seemed a bit confusing and the pics were of a different engine bay etc. Also are you doing the same sale price as their website?
Appreciate 1
r33_RGSport12803.00
      04-27-2020, 12:50 PM   #59
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007bimmer View Post
Do you have the install instructions? I'm curious as I looked at the ones for the JB4 and it seemed a bit confusing and the pics were of a different engine bay etc. Also are you doing the same sale price as their website?
Yes, I am doing the same sale.

Which engine variant is your X5? PM me your email and I'll send you the instruction.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2020, 12:07 PM   #60
Pumxee
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW X6

Quote:
Originally Posted by teefive View Post
Have been running the Dinan piggyback (Sport) and pleased. Will also be posting a review after I get some more miles on it.
Any updates on this?

BMW Parts and Accessories

https://pumperformance.com
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2020, 01:39 PM   #61
Jrunr
Captain
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X5 M40i - G05

Quote:

I guess the RaceChip is the only thing we can really do for actual performance on our 40i vehicles... Has anyone done anything else? Filter? DP? Anything?
Appreciate 1
r33_RGSport12803.00
      09-17-2020, 02:26 PM   #62
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrunr View Post
I guess the RaceChip is the only thing we can really do for actual performance on our 40i vehicles... Has anyone done anything else? Filter? DP? Anything?
Downpipe will give you more performance, but you require to run flash tune.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2020, 02:34 PM   #63
teefive
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumxee View Post
Quote:
Any updates on this?
I continue to run it (have had it on for about 9k miles). Good boost in power with no impacts to smoothness or driveability. Had it in a mix of hot and cold weather, towing a camper, long trips and city traffic. Great upgrade for the $.
      09-17-2020, 02:35 PM   #64
Pumxee
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Any updates on this?
I continue to run it (have had it on for about 9k miles). Good boost in power with no impacts to smoothness or driveability. Had it in a mix of hot and cold weather, towing a camper, long trips and city traffic. Great upgrade for the $.
Any issues with it? Any warranty concerns? Have you taken it for servicing during the times it's been installed?

Appreciate 0
      09-17-2020, 04:27 PM   #65
teefive
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Any updates on this?
Any issues with it? Any warranty concerns? Have you taken it for servicing during the times it's been installed?
No issues with it. I've taken the car in for an oil change and didn't remove it - the dealer didn't say anything or note it on my paperwork. As far as warranty goes, I'd expect that if I had a catastrophic engine issue it could come up, but it's a very mild tune.

Some people remove them before going in for service. It's so easy to do that might be a good idea.
      09-17-2020, 04:29 PM   #66
Pumxee
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Any updates on this?
No issues with it. I've taken the car in for an oil change and didn't remove it - the dealer didn't say anything or note it on my paperwork. As far as warranty goes, I'd expect that if I had a catastrophic engine issue it could come up, but it's a very mild tune.

Some people remove them before going in for service. It's so easy to do that might be a good idea.
Wouldn't they be able to check that this was done even if it was removed?

I'm thinking about doing the Racechip Black package.

Appreciate 0