BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

06-11-2020, 03:00 PM   #1
TxPres8th
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Add-Ons at the Sale

Currently shopping my 2021 X5 build (some modifications after getting the updated guide). This will be my first BMW.

What are some common add-ons and their pricing you all have seen when you go to close the deal? Are any worth getting/skipping?

Extended Warranty?
Wheel Protection?
Maintenance Packages?
Door Ding/Paint Protection?

I don't want to get excited about my final number and then end up with several thousands of dollars of options at check out that I had not been considering.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2020, 04:35 PM   #2
selpo
Private
Rep
Drives: 2023 Cayenne GTS

It is mostly a personal decision, but for me, I always get the extended warranty as I usually keep the vehicle for a long time. I am not familiar with BMW but I always do with MB.
You win some and you lose some but with MB, if I do not use it, I get quite a bit of ELW cost refunded to me.
I skip the rest but usually take my car straight from the dealer to get PPF done for the front, hood, mirrors and headlights.

Congratulations and good luck
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2020, 02:45 AM   #3
paliknight
fuck this field
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 F80 CS/18 F80 ZCP/19 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxPres8th View Post
Currently shopping my 2021 X5 build (some modifications after getting the updated guide). This will be my first BMW.

What are some common add-ons and their pricing you all have seen when you go to close the deal? Are any worth getting/skipping?

Extended Warranty?
Wheel Protection?
Maintenance Packages?

I don't want to get excited about my final number and then end up with several thousands of dollars of options at check out that I had not been considering.
NOTHING! Everything you mentioned is insurance. So how likely are you to use thousands of dollars worth of insurance for wheels, tires, etc.

Extended warranty can be had for much less from fidelity. Which is what most BMW and Porsche guys get. Cheaper and more extensive coverage.
      06-13-2020, 03:24 AM   #4
X5 45e
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxPres8th View Post

Extended Warranty?
Wheel Protection?
Maintenance Packages?

Some other things:

Ceramic coating? But the dealer is not always the best choice to do this

All weather rubber mats front rear and trunk are always useful.

iPad holder or table for the the travel and comfort system.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2020, 07:33 AM   #5
JerZBMerLife
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X5

Garage List
2024 BMW X6  [0.00]
Extended warranty would be the only one of those I would consider. It took me 3 times paying for that Wheel Protection crap to realize it's no good. That pretty much only covers if you drive over a curb or pothole big enough to crack your rims. Considering I got my license in '87 and have NEVER done that; it was a waste of money. Good luck on your purchase.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2020, 07:24 PM   #6
Chapel Hill
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Could someone please provide general price points for the add on services.
Appreciate 0