Cityman
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW X5 M60i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyDance View Post
I can use controller for most things, but from within a single tile on the 8.5 screen, how do you scroll between the sub-tiles within the single tile? The only way I can access the sub-tiles is to swipe left/right with my finger between them.
You are correct.
Appreciate 1
      04-18-2024, 09:14 PM   #24
swainbmw
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 x5 40!

Garage List
[QUOTE="Rob_G77;31082471"]One of the things I really liked about BMW was the interior design. From the well thought out and easy to use button controls to the more aesthetically pleasing optional crystal shifter.

The new 4Runner still has manual temperature controls.

I was a big 4Runner fan too, well about 14 years ago when fifth gen came out. But I got tired of the gutless perfromance, horrible gas mileage and unresponsive transmission.

Rob

Absolutely, I’ve had three of them, including a land cruiser a Lexus gx all pretty much gas, hogs, and low performance, but reliable great for a daily driver and now My daily driver is a Toyota Tacoma trd pro . All I can say is thank God I have a BMW X5 to drive when I need the power and the performance.
Appreciate 2
Cityman185.50
jphcbpa314.50
      04-21-2024, 02:09 AM   #25
eelnoraa
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G05 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkGS View Post
A lot of people are ok with that trade off since they never have to see a service bay. I'd trade gas mileage for better reliability out of the bmw every single day. I'd take single digit fuel economy in the bmw if it meant it was going to be Toyota level reliable, lol.

And while 4runner may offer manual temp controls, I'm sure dual or trizome ac is an option.
Quote:
Originally Posted by swainbmw View Post
I used to think from living at dealers all my life was character but after owning a few Toyota/lexus products I can say how nice to never have to go a dealer and never worry about traveling I will say my 2022 x5 is not a problem either but I only have 11,000 miles further more it’s crazy how the bmw depreciation is compared to a Toyota is so sad make a person to never want another bmw again Due to its value in five years
I am with you guys. For a family suv, I trade mpg for reliability. Getting family stranded is the last nightmare I want to have.

For my track car, toy car, I don’t mind more maintenance. Even if they don’t break, I take them apart anyway. But still reliability is important. Once I went to thunder hill for a track day with an E36M3 I once had. Despite a thorough inspection before, my radiator expansion tank leaks under the stress of track driving and 90F ambient. In my way home, I has to stop every 20- 30 minutes to top off expansion tank. It was supposed to be 4 hour drive home become 6-7 hours. It was super scary and stressful.