BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

10-31-2022, 05:19 PM   #243
jad03060
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 45e

You'll notice a difference if you use adaptive mode and put a destination into the nav system...it will likely use more of the battery. Dropping about 2000' in elevation means neither the ICE nor the EV motor would be working hard, and it may have been able to do a lot of regeneration.

You'll always have the ability to get a little boost from the EV motor, regardless of the mode or the state of charge. It may not last long. There's a difference between eboost and just helping at say startup.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2022, 07:56 PM   #244
nZtiZia
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: eVeRyOnE mAD!

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrg3170 View Post
cool that people are getting 80% or even 90%+ of mileage all electric, but what did you all do about the 1400 mile break-in period
1200-mile break-in

i put it in Sport mode for every drive until i ran 1200 ICE miles
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2022, 07:05 AM   #245
5tony
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 M5/'15 X5 35i/'88 M3

My daily commute is 55 miles round trip. I can't charge at work. What is the best strategy to use the least amount of gas possible, but still have some battery assist left for spirited driving on the way back home? Thanks!
      11-04-2022, 07:46 AM   #246
Flyboy2017
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Ford F150

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5tony View Post
My daily commute is 55 miles round trip. I can't charge at work. What is the best strategy to use the least amount of gas possible, but still have some battery assist left for spirited driving on the way back home? Thanks!
I think BMW would say this is what the Hybrid Adaptive mode is designed to accomplish. Use navigation to fully optimize electric range and this mode should accomplish your goal.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2022, 07:49 AM   #247
nZtiZia
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: eVeRyOnE mAD!

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5tony View Post
you needn't worry about not having the HV battery available for e-assist, even when 'depleted'. there are specific occasions when it may not be available, such as the HV battery being extremely cold.

using navigation with Adaptive tends to utilize as much HV battery capacity during that commute to work, but sounds like you'll have some leftover charge when you arrive. the rest will be used up in the beginning of the commute home, but the vehicle will maintain a minimum charge thereafter (6-9%)
Appreciate 1
5tony146.50
      11-04-2022, 02:51 PM   #248
jad03060
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 45e

If you use Adaptive mode, set in your work as a mid-point, and home as your destination, the computer will try to best manage your battery capacity, keeping battery for when you're in the city, and ideally, end up depleted when you arrive home. If you just set work as the destination, it doesn't try to manage your battery for the trip back home as well. The easiest thing would be to save that route so you can just hit one button each morning rather than programming it in each day.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2022, 02:57 PM   #249
5tony
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 M5/'15 X5 35i/'88 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jad03060 View Post
If you use Adaptive mode, set in your work as a mid-point, and home as your destination, the computer will try to best manage your battery capacity, keeping battery for when you're in the city, and ideally, end up depleted when you arrive home. If you just set work as the destination, it doesn't try to manage your battery for the trip back home as well. The easiest thing would be to save that route so you can just hit one button each morning rather than programming it in each day.
Sounds like a good strategy. Thanks!