BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

07-18-2020, 05:31 PM   #1
ATX5
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Jaguar F-Pace S

Garage List
Hey Guys,

I've been Following the forum for quite some time especially the 2021 M50i builds. As many of the members, I had a 2020 M50i on order, but it was cancelled.

Upon having my '21 M50i order placed this week, I learned of the following build changes for 2021

* heated and cooled cupholders are no longer available as standard equipment on the M50i (available on X5M as part of executive pack)
* ventilated seats not available on M50i (available only on the X5M or 40i's)
* soft close doors not available as standard equipment on M50i (available on X5M as part of executive pack)
* night blue color matched alcantara headlining option to match ivory night blue interior no longer available (headlining now only available in anthracite color)

Not deal breakers by an means but didn't see these specifically listed in the 2021 changes; however, if you do glance at the pricing guide some of these are noted. I was told that due to Covid, some of the suppliers are no longer in business and therefore there's a limited availability that are only going on certain model lines.

I'm wondering if any of y'all had heard the same thing upon placing your order and for those of you who have made prior builds do you anticipate BMW to update their availability before end of year ? There's still no online builder for the USA site so this makes me think they may be trying to work this out and make some of the standard equipment available again.

Appreciate any feedback.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2020, 06:21 PM   #2
produhktiv
Private
Rep
Drives: 2019 M850i First Edition

Garage List
2021 X5 M50i  [0.00]
2019 M850i  [0.00]
2021 Ordering Guide shows 543 Front ventilated seats as standard equipment. My build still has them showing as available (they were pulled back on the 2020 X5's though). I am sad for no cup holders temp controls and no Acoustic Glass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX5 View Post
Hey Guys,

I've been Following the forum for quite some time especially the 2021 M50i builds. As many of the members, I had a 2020 M50i on order, but it was cancelled.

Upon having my '21 M50i order placed this week, I learned of the following build changes for 2021

* heated and cooled cupholders are no longer available as standard equipment on the M50i (available on X5M as part of executive pack)
* soft close doors not available as standard equipment on M50i (available on X5M as part of executive pack)
* night blue color matched alcantara headlining option to match ivory night blue interior no longer available (headlining now only available in anthracite color)

Not deal breakers by an means but didn't see these specifically listed in the 2021 changes; however, if you do glance at the pricing guide some of these are noted. I was told that due to Covid, some of the suppliers are no longer in business and therefore there's a limited availability that are only going on certain model lines.

I'm wondering if any of y'all had heard the same thing upon placing your order and for those of you who have made prior builds do you anticipate BMW to update their availability before end of year ? There's still no online builder for the USA site so this makes me think they may be trying to work this out and make some of the standard equipment available again.

Appreciate any feedback.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2020, 08:50 PM   #3
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

As produhktiv said, ventilated seats are standard for there M50i. If you don't get them due to a production hold/temporary shortage then make sure you get a credit for them even if it is only a few hundred bucks. More than likely though, your dealer missed them as standard and just saw that the luxury package was not available for the M50i.
Appreciate 1
ATX510.50
      07-18-2020, 09:32 PM   #4
peterish
Rep
Drives: '21 X5 40i. '23 X7 40i.

I Was planning on ordering a 40i in about 3 weeks. I was not even aware the '20 is no longer available until reading the forums today. Any idea when the online builder will be updated to reflect '21? And any idea how long the wait will be by the time I order?
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2020, 09:45 PM   #5
produhktiv
Private
Rep
Drives: 2019 M850i First Edition

Garage List
2021 X5 M50i  [0.00]
2019 M850i  [0.00]
Builder should update next week (week of 7/20) and 2021s production begins the first week of August (week 32). I placed my order last week and my build is scheduled for week 33. The dealer I am buying from had an allocation already, so it was just a matter of updating that with my build.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterish View Post
I Was planning on ordering a 40i in about 3 weeks. I was not even aware the '20 is no longer available until reading the forums today. Any idea when the online builder will be updated to reflect '21? And any idea how long the wait will be by the time I order?
Appreciate 1
ATX510.50
      07-18-2020, 09:57 PM   #6
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterish View Post
In case you didn't see them, the ordering guides are posted so you can get you build information now and contact a dealer before the site is updated if needed.

https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1727830
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2020, 02:03 PM   #7
PhillyDave
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX5 View Post
Hey Guys,

Appreciate any feedback.
Hi, have you received your 2021 M50i yet? I am in the process of ordering one, also with the ivory white/night blue extended leather. I am debating whether to get the Alcantara headliner option, and curious if it did in fact show up in the grey/charcoal color (that is actually the color I prefer rather than the entire headliner in night blue).
Appreciate 0