BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

09-03-2020, 06:37 PM   #67
smyles
Major
Rep
Drives: '21 X5

One may argue for every job he created, he distroyed two by driving big and small retailers, malls, etc. out of business.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2020, 07:45 PM   #68
1claire
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 Alpine White

Wow, I hope that he can share some of his money to those who are jobless due to the pandemic.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2020, 07:52 PM   #69
premier3is
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW 330i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1claire View Post
Wow, I hope that he can share some of his money to those who are jobless due to the pandemic.
Why? What does he owe them?
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      09-03-2020, 08:20 PM   #70
BimmerDimmer6
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 M3 6MT / 2019 Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by smyles View Post
One may argue for every job he created, he distroyed two by driving big and small retailers, malls, etc. out of business.
Don't you think they need to adapt? No one was stopping them from launching something to compete with the Amazon. Walmart is now just doing it.

I get the small mom and pop type businesses but even then, they have value to add as it's more personable. Bottom line, people want convenience and good prices. Both of which Amazon has nailed.
Appreciate 3
premier3is1627.00
David701567.00
King Rudi13152.00
      09-04-2020, 12:00 AM   #71
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MB GLC300 4matic

Market systems change. Should Henry Ford have shared his fortune with the horse-and-buggy crowd?

I have no qualms with people earning big bucks from hard work. Be it top-flight athletes or visionaries like Bezos or Elon Musk. What worries me most are the monopolies. As we keep sliding down the slippery slope to just a few major corporations running everything, we limit our freedoms and our ability to make sound decisions about how we spend our money and who can control our personal information.

The company that hosts our campus media files that are part of our online learning system just migrated to Amazon Web Services. So we just became one more tooth in the cog of the Bezos empire. That worries me.

"There is no shame in dropping fruit in your glass."
-UncleWede
Appreciate 3
TboneS54989.50
upstatedoc7555.50
      09-04-2020, 08:24 AM   #72
David70
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4M Coupe - 13 Cadillac ATS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerDimmer6 View Post
Don't you think they need to adapt? No one was stopping them from launching something to compete with the Amazon. Walmart is now just doing it.

I get the small mom and pop type businesses but even then, they have value to add as it's more personable. Bottom line, people want convenience and good prices. Both of which Amazon has nailed.
Agree completely, innovation and new ways of doing things through constant changes are part of moving forward.

In 1870 almost 50% of the population was employed in farming now it's a little over 1%. I have no interest in changing jobs and plowing a field with a horse.

I do wonder about the monopoly aspect and the possible future need to break up the corporation. Happened to Standard Oil, AT&T and others.
      09-04-2020, 09:04 AM   #73
smyles
Major
Rep
Drives: '21 X5

Bezos didn't exactly innovate much; online shopping existed before him. What he did was he expanded (and perfected) it to a point it steered enough customers away from other business to drive them out of business, further shifting the customer base towards amazon. Same with cloud, etc.

Not saying he didn't deserve it or whatever, just wanna make sure people understand and appreciate what exactly he did right.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2020, 02:04 PM   #74
David70
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4M Coupe - 13 Cadillac ATS

Quote:
Bezos didn't exactly innovate much; online shopping existed before him. What he did was he expanded (and perfected) it to a point it steered enough customers away from other business to drive them out of business, further shifting the customer base towards amazon. Same with cloud, etc.

Not saying he didn't deserve it or whatever, just wanna make sure people understand and appreciate what exactly he did right.
I disagree, the Amazon business model is almost completely unique and innovative and he was able to get through the scale issues (years of not being profitable) to deliver almost everything you need when they make virtually nothing. Then they figured out how to get it to you quickly for very little cost. Innovation isn't limited to unique products.

I find the "he drove them out of business" tired. Virtually every successful business, from restaurants to retail are successful by getting people to spend their money with them instead of somewhere else. At one point it was Sears, Walmart and now Amazon. There were thousands of car manufacturers in the U.S. and people blamed the big three for driving them out of business. Many blame the internet for the same thing. Times change and if you don't keep current you and your business are likely to fail.

Fedex started out with overnight delivery which was unheard of for the time. You could also say they didn't innovate anything as shipping products had been around since then beginning of time.
      09-04-2020, 03:04 PM   #75
Wills2
Barge driver
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 730d

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWILUVU View Post
He deserves for his company to get no net taxes meanwhile I pay over 35%? Theres equality for ya.
I pay 40%

As I said the system does need to change but it's not his fault.
      09-04-2020, 03:06 PM   #76
Soul_Glo
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntg44 View Post
Ex wife should've waited.
Moral of the story. Good things come to those who wait.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2020, 04:09 PM   #77
premier3is
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW 330i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by David70 View Post
Quote:

I disagree, the Amazon business model is almost completely unique and innovative and he was able to get through the scale issues (years of not being profitable) to deliver almost everything you need when they make virtually nothing. Then they figured out how to get it to you quickly for very little cost. Innovation isn't limited to unique products.

I find the "he drove them out of business" tired. Virtually every successful business, from restaurants to retail are successful by getting people to spend their money with them instead of somewhere else. At one point it was Sears, Walmart and now Amazon. There were thousands of car manufacturers in the U.S. and people blamed the big three for driving them out of business. Many blame the internet for the same thing. Times change and if you don't keep current you and your business are likely to fail.

Fedex started out with overnight delivery which was unheard of for the time. You could also say they didn't innovate anything as shipping products had been around since then beginning of time.
Exactly. He didn't drive anyone out of business. The competition should try to compete and keep up, and if they can't.... well then that's their problem and need to find their own solutions.

It's either that or goodbye! Retailers have been fuckin over people for too long anyways.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2020, 07:16 PM   #78
BigHunk
///M
Canada
Rep
Drives: X5M , iX , S1000XR

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFFRR View Post
just shows you there is no cure for baldness lol or he would have it. So dont buy into those scams

thats insane, so much money. good for him
Well, where's the will, there's the way, hope you recognize person
Attached Images

09-19-2020, 07:47 PM   #79
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

^^lol nice!

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 0