BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

09-23-2020, 02:42 AM   #1
Ian335xd
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW F90 M5 2019

UK Option Changes

The online configurator has changed in the UK from today and if you have ordered a new X5 and it hasn't been built yet your build could be effected and you will need to check with your supplying dealer.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2020, 04:50 AM   #2
DickyS
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G05 X5 xDrive40i M Sport

Was curious to look for changes. I spotted:-

New package: £180 Accessory Protect Pack
New option: £300 M Sport brake red high-gloss
New option: £500 Accessory Trackstar
New mandated option: £0 48V mild hybrid technology

Can't see any options that have been deleted since I ordered mine in August 2019. Just a £3560 price increase on my config (and that's about £1100 more that it was yesterday).

https://configure.bmw.co.uk/en_GB/configid/a6x4p1g6
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2020, 05:36 AM   #3
Addbuyer
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickyS View Post
Just a £3560 price increase on my config (and that's about £1100 more that it was yesterday).

wow.... Just a £3,560 increase? and £1,100 of that added yesterday
I wish i could increase prices like that in my business.
I know my next comment is political (sorry admin) but are BMW confident Covid and Brexit wont have any effect on them or are they trying to claw in every penny possible before their market collapses if its a no deal?
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2020, 06:44 AM   #4
Ian335xd
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

The technology pack has changed which now doesn't include Parking Assistant plus or drive recorder and the price reduced by £400 and you now have a technology plus pack.

Adaptive headlights are now including in the price.

My dealer has rang me today and told me all these changes will apply in the factory from the 1st December and as my build date is the 2nd November these changes shouldn't effect me.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2020, 08:26 AM   #5
X5 45e
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian335xd View Post
The technology pack has changed which now doesn't include Parking Assistant plus or drive recorder and the price reduced by £400 and you now have a technology plus pack.

My dealer has rang me today and told me all these changes will apply in the factory from the 1st December and as my build date is the 2nd November these changes shouldn't effect me.
I presume the price and options you signed for when ordering are the ones you get on delivery?

I think there was another thread from the UK with a car delivered with LED instead of laser headlights because the content of the package changes.

This would be totally unacceptable for me. If I order a car and select the options I want and the happen to be in a package it is not my problem if BMW changes the price / name or content of the package after I placed my order.

It is up to the dealer to give me what I ordered. And it shouldn't be the client responsibility to check if the price or package changed.

I must admit that I ordered my 45e before release date. On release date the unofficial price decreased 2,5 K and the dealer was kind enough to notify my and correct it.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2020, 09:31 AM   #6
Ian335xd
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by X5 45e View Post
I presume the price and options you signed for when ordering are the ones you get on delivery?

I think there was another thread from the UK with a car delivered with LED instead of laser headlights because the content of the package changes.

This would be totally unacceptable for me. If I order a car and select the options I want and the happen to be in a package it is not my problem if BMW changes the price / name or content of the package after I placed my order.

It is up to the dealer to give me what I ordered. And it shouldn't be the client responsibility to check if the price or package changed.

I must admit that I ordered my 45e before release date. On release date the unofficial price decreased 2,5 K and the dealer was kind enough to notify my and correct it.
I spoke with the dealer today and he told me he would to keep a eye on my order as BMW can change the order without telling the dealer which I think is poor
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2020, 10:10 AM   #7
DickyS
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G05 X5 xDrive40i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian335xd View Post
Ah yes, that explains the reduction in price of the Visibility Package from £2000 to £1350. This "pack" now only consists of Laser Lights with High Beam Assistant.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2020, 11:41 AM   #8
bav29
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G05 M50i on order

Looking at the M50i, the price looks to be the same although massage, soft-close, and 4-zone are all thrown in with comfort+.
I noticed though there's no option for Laser lights! That can't be right?
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2020, 04:08 PM   #9
sahajesh
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2021 G05 X5 40i Tanzanite Blue

Anyone have any experience of Trackstar? Considering adding this to my order.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2020, 12:17 AM   #10
BMW BFG
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X6 AUDI A3

Garage List
2020 BMW  [0.00]
Wow , cheeky glad I missed this too ! Ordered the technology pack...

Mine arrives next month
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2020, 04:44 AM   #11
Baychattan
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X5 30d

Trackstar - I had this fitted primarily as some insurance companies won't quote without a Thatcham cat 5 tracker for a car the value of mine, also for speed of recovery if it does get stolen. I had the tracker fitted by the dealer pre-delivery so that any faults with the tracker or car can't be blamed on the third party.

I don't see any real benefit in fitting a tracker less than cat 5.

The Trackstar comes in a number of versions tailored to particular makes/ models of car - presumably it is the wiring loom which differs.

About 5 minutes after I drove the shiny new car away from the dealer Trackstar phoned me to see if the car was stolen - it turns out that Trackstar don't recommend having both tags in the car at the same time as they can interfere with each other. The dealer had said nothing about this, and I had both tags together in a bag with all the new car documentation...

In the nearly 4 months I have had the car I have also had one automated call from Trackstar whilst I was driving to check whether the car had been stolen: I am not sure what triggered that as I had the tag with me. But I am happy that they are on the 'enthusiastic' side rather than too passive.

The tag is supposed to vibrate as you approach the car to let you know that it has been recognised, but with the tag in my pocket I have not noticed this.

You need to tell Trackstar beforehand if you are going to leave the car with someone for work on the car, eg have a dashcam installed or tyres changed/ re-balanced, as any temporary interruption to the battery supply or tilting of the car will trigger the alarm.

Overall I have been very happy with the Trackstar.

David
Appreciate 1
sahajesh2290.00
      09-26-2020, 04:59 AM   #12
sahajesh
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2021 G05 X5 40i Tanzanite Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnborg Braga View Post
Trackstar - I had this fitted primarily as some insurance companies won't quote without a Thatcham cat 5 tracker for a car the value of mine, also for speed of recovery if it does get stolen. I had the tracker fitted by the dealer pre-delivery so that any faults with the tracker or car can't be blamed on the third party.

I don't see any real benefit in fitting a tracker less than cat 5.

The Trackstar comes in a number of versions tailored to particular makes/ models of car - presumably it is the wiring loom which differs.

About 5 minutes after I drove the shiny new car away from the dealer Trackstar phoned me to see if the car was stolen - it turns out that Trackstar don't recommend having both tags in the car at the same time as they can interfere with each other. The dealer had said nothing about this, and I had both tags together in a bag with all the new car documentation...

In the nearly 4 months I have had the car I have also had one automated call from Trackstar whilst I was driving to check whether the car had been stolen: I am not sure what triggered that as I had the tag with me. But I am happy that they are on the 'enthusiastic' side rather than too passive.

The tag is supposed to vibrate as you approach the car to let you know that it has been recognised, but with the tag in my pocket I have not noticed this.

You need to tell Trackstar beforehand if you are going to leave the car with someone for work on the car, eg have a dashcam installed or tyres changed/ re-balanced, as any temporary interruption to the battery supply or tilting of the car will trigger the alarm.

Overall I have been very happy with the Trackstar.

David
Cheers for that - I was planning to add my order and with the Q4 changes, I noticed Trackstar S5 available as an option.

Useful info so thanks for the detail
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2020, 05:55 AM   #13
Rikkiokbye
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e

My car is in production third week in October. I assume the changes do not apply to my car?!
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2020, 02:33 AM   #14
greghorne
GReg
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 G05

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickyS View Post
Was curious to look for changes. I spotted:-

New package: £180 Accessory Protect Pack
New option: £300 M Sport brake red high-gloss
New option: £500 Accessory Trackstar
New mandated option: £0 48V mild hybrid technology

Can't see any options that have been deleted since I ordered mine in August 2019. Just a £3560 price increase on my config (and that's about £1100 more that it was yesterday).

My car is sitting at the dealership. Was supposed to collect last Friday but was advised Thursday afternoon that Munich had put a STOP on handover of all X5 30d, 530d and 330d vehicles until further notice. No explanation as to why. Gutted. I got the £699 deposit £699 per month deal on the M Sport with the Technology Pack thrown in plus tinted glass and they swallowed the £3k that I was underwater on my F15 and threw in £11k!!!!
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2020, 05:57 AM   #15
Portocale
Private First Class
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikkiokbye View Post
My car is in production third week in October. I assume the changes do not apply to my car?!
From a German forum I have the information that cars manufactured after 1st of December will see a price increase. Not sure if it's true.,my dealer in Netherlands has advised me that could be a small increase.
Appreciate 1
      09-28-2020, 04:39 AM   #16
Baychattan
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X5 30d

The "Accessory Protect Pack" is what used to be called the dealer fit "Adventure Pack", at the same £180 price (in the UK).
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2020, 05:21 AM   #17
Ian335xd
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portocale View Post
From a German forum I have the information that cars manufactured after 1st of December will see a price increase. Not sure if it's true.,my dealer in Netherlands has advised me that could be a small increase.
My dealer in the UK has told me there is small increase of approx £700 from the 1st December for some spec changes the main one for us the the UK is standard fitment of Adaptive headlights.
Appreciate 0