BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

09-22-2020, 08:56 AM   #1
Flyer1234
Private
Rep
Drives: X5

Tetragon/Coffee or Tetragon/Cognac (Arctic Grey)

My local dealer has these two interior combos. Both are Arctic Grey.

Hard to decide which one looks better because I can't see them in the flesh.

Anyone has seen both these combo? Which one do you think look better?
Thanx for your advice...
Appreciate 1
GOLFFRR10807.50
      09-22-2020, 09:02 AM   #2
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

man thats a tough one. when it comes to interior color thats SUPER personal IMO. I think you def would have to look at both and go from there. Pictures dont do either of them justice. I personally really like cognac with Arctic exterior but then again that coffee looks pretty stunning in person and seems to hold up really nicely with time.

If you like them both and can't decide then maybe make your choice based off options/price of the car good luck! post up pics if you end up picking up the new ride

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 1
GrussGott18156.50
      09-22-2020, 07:40 PM   #3
James_G0540i
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5 G05 40i M Sport

The "which one looks better?" question is impossible to answer, its all on personal taste.

For me, I would go coffee leather. Its a classic dark shade of brown, doesn't show dirt or wear, and is suited to a luxury SUV like an X5. It's closer to "black", therefore doesn't reflect as much light in the cabin.

My personal view is Cognac has too much "orange" in it and is much lighter - therefore reflects more internal light, but I think its more suited to a sporty 1/2/3 series car, but that's just my taste.

Go to the dealer, sit in both, then decide. Its not something you should decide via online photos.
Appreciate 1
GrussGott18156.50
      09-23-2020, 02:12 AM   #4
Flyer1234
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by James_G0530d View Post
The "which one looks better?" question is impossible to answer, its all on personal taste.

For me, I would go coffee leather. Its a classic dark shade of brown, doesn't show dirt or wear, and is suited to a luxury SUV like an X5. It's closer to "black", therefore doesn't reflect as much light in the cabin.

My personal view is Cognac has too much "orange" in it and is much lighter - therefore reflects more internal light, but I think its more suited to a sporty 1/2/3 series car, but that's just my taste.

Go to the dealer, sit in both, then decide. Its not something you should decide via online photos.
Thanx for your input. Here we have no access to look at the actual car unfortunately. We can only see what is available at the showroom. But your points are valid as well. Coffee hides dirt better.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2020, 12:31 PM   #5
robby818
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2

I would go with cognac. I have had the coffee interior and it just isn't very attractive. It is practical but it is not a nice shade of brown. Personally, i like the black interior the best on the X5 followed by the Tartufo.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2020, 01:40 PM   #6
Unit
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Cognac all day long. I find the coffee leather too dark.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2020, 01:55 PM   #7
ToddMac
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5

I would agree that the cognac is a bit orange but it reminds me of a new baseball glove and it's nice in person. That said, I ordered the coffee because it wasn't as bright. It was a coin toss for me.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2020, 05:11 PM   #8
James_G0540i
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5 G05 40i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyer1234 View Post
Thanx for your input. Here we have no access to look at the actual car unfortunately. We can only see what is available at the showroom. But your points are valid as well. Coffee hides dirt better.
It doesn't need to be the actual cars, ask the dealer for any car they have on the floor with these leather colours. The cockpit will be slightly different, but at least it will give you an appreciation of each colour to help you make your choice.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2020, 09:49 PM   #9
FLYIN'
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp, M550i, X545e

Just picked up my X5 45e in Arctic Grey with Cognac interior. Beautiful combo as the coffee is dark and not as vibrant as the Cognac. I had a 530e in Imperial Blue with the Cognac interior and that was a great combination too. The configuration online from BMW gives you a very good look at the interior colors to chose which one you prefer.
'21 BMW X5 45e M Sport
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2020, 10:39 PM   #10
Flyer1234
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYIN' View Post
Just picked up my X5 45e in Arctic Grey with Cognac interior. Beautiful combo as the coffee is dark and not as vibrant as the Cognac. I had a 530e in Imperial Blue with the Cognac interior and that was a great combination too. The configuration online from BMW gives you a very good look at the interior colors to chose which one you prefer.
Thank you all for the feedback. Latest update is that the dealer just released an Arctic Grey with Tetragon trim with Black leather seats (Msport Stitch). I decided to go with this because the Black/Msport Stitch is very elegant (IMHO). I think the Tetragon looks better with dark seats as it will make the trim stands out more. Will post pictures when i have the car in a month.
Appreciate 0