utcadman
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 M50i

Garage List
Shipping my new M50i the hard way....

So here is the longer story....

I have owned a BMW since the 90s. Moved to Utah from LA 15 years ago. Where am I heading with this? There are a lot of dealers in LA really just one in Utah. Two locations one owner... The competition here is fierce! --not..

So I do a lot of research (thanks for your help) and when I buy or lease I just want a reasonable deal, not a unicorn, just shoot for the kinda average of what I see here. Anyhow after 5 cars in my 15 here how many cars have i bought in Utah? ZERO. The responses have been quite funny--for another thread.

So this experience was unique and i stepped out of my comfort zone so I thought i would share my experience. It's not over yet but I will update.

I have added 3 X3's and was going for X3M comp but just wanted something different. So X5 here we are. I test drove the M50i and could not go back....

For the record I always give the local dealer the opportunity to match or in this case just get close. The answer was no....

So normally I would work on getting offers out in an increasing radius.

This deal was different. I went through a broker. So far I have to say the best deal and easy deal I have ever had. I used Next Level Auto Brokers--Dan. He is on the board here under that name.

The pricing was covered in 5 minutes:

9% Discount before incentives
.0099 MF
Ill get to incentives in a minute...

I paid a deposit 1k and fee

Had a production number 24 hours later

Entered production 1 week later.

Was delivered to dealer 1 month later...in August.

Here is where things get a bit more interesting. This happened way faster then what i thought. In August there was only a $750 lease credit. So I asked to wait until September. No problem. The incentives increased dramatically. to $2500 including PenFed.

I could never get that deal here. Even with the shipping on my own...which worries me as the car is being loaded as we speak. I am going with an open truck. I would have liked closed but it is really expensive right now. $1100 compared to about 2600 for closed.

So...I never talked with the dealership but the paperwork showed up and was EXACTLY what was promised. No trying to sell me anything and NO surprises. I was in a little state of disbelief. It was that easy...coolest thing ever....:-)

So below see my pics at the dealer before loading. Should be here in 3-4 days. Will post more pics..before and after :-( Find a trucking is easy...the process is a little BS. They are all brokers and I am nervous about it as i have little control. If there are any questions about shipping let me know. Even at $1100 in extra cost I am way ahead based on the savings with car.

Oh and DAMN I AM EXCITED! ha

one last note it snowed 2 days ago and I have snow tires ready! pics too!
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
TurtleBoy13243.50
      09-10-2020, 11:05 PM   #2
MissVito
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '24 X5 M60i, M240ix

Very nice! Congrats, enjoy it :-D
'14 X5 s35i Lux Line Mineral White/Mocha (re-homed)
Appreciate 0