BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

09-22-2020, 07:37 PM   #1
kiboater
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X5, 2016 Yukon Denali

New navigation icon after update ?

I was sitting in traffic the other day and I noticed a new (to me) icon at the bottom of the navigation screen. The compass is probably to change the view but I can't figure out the 0.5 mi and little bar graph and the "Auto" next to it. Can't find anything in the manual.

Please let me know what it's trying to tell me.

I have attached a picture.

Thanks
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-22-2020, 08:06 PM   #2
thereef510
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 X5 35i, '20 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiboater View Post
I can't figure out the 0.5 mi and little bar graph and the "Auto" next to it. Can't find anything in the manual.

if you take your thumb and index finger and place it on the screen of that 0.5 mi distance, that's of what it is. it shows you how 'zoomed in/zoomed out' you are on the map. The bar graph shows you the level of zoom you are currently at. And Auto means it'll automatically zoom into/out of the navigation as you drive along. It's zoomed out when you're driving steadily but as you get closer to your destination and/or are close to the city with turns and stuff, it'll zoom in automagically.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2020, 09:25 PM   #3
VTENGR
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiboater View Post
I was sitting in traffic the other day and I noticed a new (to me) icon at the bottom of the navigation screen. The compass is probably to change the view but I can't figure out the 0.5 mi and little bar graph and the "Auto" next to it. Can't find anything in the manual.

I have attached a picture.

Thanks
The 0.5 over the line is your scale. The line is 1" long (maybe 1/2") so every inch on your screen is 0.5 miles. As you zoom out the number grows meaning your map scale decreases; 1"=0.5 miles, 1"=10 miles, 1"=20 miles, etc...
Appreciate 0