BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

02-16-2021, 07:59 PM   #1
mrichione
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Urban Cruise Control Coding

I've seen threads on the topic of coding Urban Cruise Control features like aSLA, Traffic Light Recognition, etc., but can't find a clear answer on whether which, if any, of these features can be coded via Bimmercode Expert Mode. Can any? If so, which and how?
Appreciate 1
Woolly23.50
      02-17-2021, 01:52 AM   #2
Woolly
Woolly
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrichione View Post
I've seen threads on the topic of coding Urban Cruise Control features like aSLA, Traffic Light Recognition, etc., but can't find a clear answer on whether which, if any, of these features can be coded via Bimmercode Expert Mode. Can any? If so, which and how?
Hi, that is a negative with BimmerCode. You need access to SAS3 module which isn't available yet. I reached out to BimmerCode and timing for access is unknown at this stage.
Appreciate 1
      02-17-2021, 03:10 AM   #3
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Tesla MY LR AWD

None of the new features can be coded with BC, except maybe the newer Digital Key, but that is pointless as it needs a connected drive change.
Appreciate 1
      02-18-2021, 02:08 AM   #4
Consuldean
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 21'' X6MC (F96)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifr View Post
None of the new features can be coded with BC, except maybe the newer Digital Key, but that is pointless as it needs a connected drive change.
When you say it needs a ''connected drive change'', does that mean that the car must communicate with BMW servers via connected drive in order to complete the set up of the phone as a key?

Or is the fact that the car had a (previously) established connection on Connected Drive app would allow the digital key setup with no change?

I'm getting my car that has the DK 1.5 in a region with Connected Drive isn't functional so I'm wondering if I'll be able to complete the setup offline.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2021, 02:35 AM   #5
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Consuldean View Post
When you say it needs a ''connected drive change'', does that mean that the car must communicate with BMW servers via connected drive in order to complete the set up of the phone as a key?

Or is the fact that the car had a (previously) established connection on Connected Drive app would allow the digital key setup with no change?

I'm getting my car that has the DK 1.5 in a region with Connected Drive isn't functional so I'm wondering if I'll be able to complete the setup offline.
DK1.5 (iphone/watch) is activated via the Connected Drive app first, then in car.

The registration menu in MyBMW or CD app is not even available if the connected drive account doesn't have an i-scope vehicle associated with it e.g. MY 21 with subscription active.
Appreciate 1
      02-18-2021, 08:28 AM   #6
Consuldean
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

DK1.5 (iphone/watch) is activated via the Connected Drive app first, then in car.

The registration menu in MyBMW or CD app is not even available if the connected drive account doesn't have an i-scope vehicle associated with it e.g. MY 21 with subscription active.
[IMG][/IMG]

When I have this screen and this process to go through on my connected drive app, is that "already activated" or not yet?

I'm wondering if, when I get the car without the ability to connect to BMW (because of its location), I'd still be able to complete the process shown on my app ?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-18-2021, 10:04 AM   #7
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

That would indicate that your vehicle has been added to your CD account, and is supported for DK1.5, but not yet activated for use in car.

The car will do a cloud lookup at the point you try and activate your iphone as a DK so its at that point it will most likely fail, but not something ive tested.
Appreciate 1
      02-18-2021, 12:39 PM   #8
Fpgiuliano
Second Lieutenant
Italy
Rep
Drives: Bmw 320d Touring xDrive Msport

Quote:
Hi ifr,
How can I try to activate digital key with BimmerCode on the connected drive app?
Thanks

I would try if i could be more lucky
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2021, 12:51 PM   #9
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fpgiuliano View Post
Quote:
Hi ifr,
How can I try to activate digital key with BimmerCode on the connected drive app?
Thanks

I would try if i could be more lucky
Do you have a my21?
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2021, 09:42 PM   #10
Consuldean
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
That would indicate that your vehicle has been added to your CD account, and is supported for DK1.5, but not yet activated for use in car.

The car will do a cloud lookup at the point you try and activate your iphone as a DK so its at that point it will most likely fail, but not something ive tested.
Thank you - the cloud lookup is what I was fearing and will probably cause a failure.

I'll try and report back.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2021, 03:35 AM   #11
Fpgiuliano
Second Lieutenant
Italy
Rep

Quote:
Do you have a my21?
No..I have 10/2019 with access comfort and digital card
I found a very interesting other tread of you about digital key

Thanks

P.s. are u a genius or a bmw’s engineer?
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2021, 03:47 AM   #12
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
No..I have 10/2019 with access comfort and digital card
I found a very interesting other tread of you about digital key

Thanks

P.s. are u a genius or a bmw’s engineer?
You can give it a go but you'll no doubt have the same Connected Drive issues I saw. You'll know the codes have worked as the Menu changes to 'Main Digital Key', when you try and add the iPhone it'll tell you to connect in the app first.

7083 BDC NFC_SMART_ACCESS_KML_ACTIVE active [01]
7083 BDC NFC_SMART_ACCESS_VERSION Smart_Access_KML_NFC [01]

3E52 HU_MGU SMARTACCESS_KML_ACTIVE KML_active [01]
3E52 HU_MGU SMARTACCESS_VERSION smacc_1_5 [01]

An alternative is to add 'SMAC' to HO-Words in FA and VO Code BDC (7083) and HU_MGU
Appreciate 1
      02-22-2021, 06:51 AM   #13
Fpgiuliano
Second Lieutenant
Italy
Rep

Nothing ifr!
Thanks for share u code
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2021, 11:07 AM   #14
Consuldean
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:

To follow up on that - it actually works without the ping to the cloud. I was able to create my digital key on my iPhone without a Connected Drive connection by following the process on my phone.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2021, 11:15 AM   #15
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
To follow up on that - it actually works without the ping to the cloud. I was able to create my digital key on my iPhone without a Connected Drive connection by following the process on my phone.
Interesting, thanks for reporting back.

In MyBMW app I assume you have a CD login ID and your vehicle added to that account?

That should be all that is needed then. Those of us that have coded the car and have the capability, but don't get the menu option in phone, are unable to register the device as a key. So it seems like the in-car part is offline, but the in-phone registration/activation online.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2021, 12:23 PM   #16
Consuldean
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Interesting, thanks for reporting back.

In MyBMW app I assume you have a CD login ID and your vehicle added to that account?

That should be all that is needed then. Those of us that have coded the car and have the capability, but don't get the menu option in phone, are unable to register the device as a key. So it seems like the in-car part is offline, but the in-phone registration/activation online.
Yes, my vehicle was added to my CD account at the time it had an online connection to CD servers.

I was able to log in and interact with my car from my phone at that time.

Now that the car is abroad and while I can't refresh the status in my app, I was able to add my digital key on my phone which means that if there's an online process, the phone internet connection is enough. The car doesn't need a connection.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2021, 12:27 PM   #17
Consuldean
Private First Class
Rep

On a side note: it seems that this feature is convenient for opening the car, much less for closing as you need to repeat the action to hold your phone close to the door handle until it closes.

You can't just walk away and have your car get locked automatically - this is particularly inconvenient.

I need to play with that feature more but what I described above + the fact that the phone needs to be on the charger mat are 2 annoying elements of the UX in my opinion so far.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2021, 09:08 AM   #18
Fpgiuliano
Second Lieutenant
Italy
Rep

Quote:
Hi do you have my21?
In ur bmw app there is the “digital key” button ?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2021, 01:22 PM   #19
Consuldean
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Hi do you have my21?
In ur bmw app there is the “digital key” button ?

Thanks
Yes and yes.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2021, 08:45 AM   #20
phayze
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

Hi,

U able make it work?

Quote: