02-05-2021, 06:20 PM   #155
kubax86
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimiche View Post
hello kubax86 I have a bmw bought in germany but from us When I got the car it had carplay, spotify,....
but everything diseappeared suddenly maybe a reset has be done
To get the apps back I need to connect to internet but the car doesn't connect can you help me remotely thanks I sent you an email

Only way is to activate CarPlay using FSC code now.
PM sent.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2021, 12:09 PM   #156
mimiche
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw G20 330IX

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanman View Post
Exact same email I received here in Korea with a US Spec 2020 X5. I am able to add the vehicle to MY BMW after submitting the Warranty Validation Form, but it lists it as a non-US Spec car. When I try to add it to CD I get to the point where it sends a code to the car but I think my Telematics/car cellular service is not activated so never receive it.
hello if you still have the problem i know a guy who canfix it
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2021, 12:10 PM   #157
mimiche
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw G20 330IX

Quote:
Originally Posted by kubax86 View Post
Only way is to activate CarPlay using FSC code now.
PM sent.
I have everything working well now
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2021, 11:33 AM   #158
leonel.brodhead@gmail.com
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5 - US SPEC

I need to figure out how to activate my connected or at least get CarPlay to work on my 2021 X5. I am in K-Town - Can the dealer do it?
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2021, 02:15 AM   #159
Mjbmw1
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 M50i

For all of you Soldiers, DA Civilians, Contractors, and Expats who purchased a U.S. Spec BMW and had it show up in Germany - I want to share something that my sales rep shared with me in Bavaria. I purchased the 2021 X5 from Bavarian Auto Sales (Kesha) and she told me another one of her clients had to do a few things to make a working Idrive7 ConnectedDrive Account register. As soon as the validation comes through in 10-ish days (just took delivery yesterday), I'm going to try it out and verify that it actually works and test a secondary thing. From the text messages she copied to me, they read as follows: --------------------------------------------------- "Everything works. I had to send us connected drive my verification documents. I sent them my certificate of origin and sent them that. After a few days they emailed me telling me to call to finish setting up the account." "So it does work lol. They need to make sure their warranty validation has been completed for at least 14 days prior to trying to activate the connected drive" --------------------------------------------------- So... From the sound of it 1. I have to wait 14 days after the warranty validation has happen. 2. I have to get in touch with BMW ConnectedDrive team and send them supporting documents (Certificate of Origin) 3. Use a US address and the car is state side not in Germany. Respond to the ConnectedDrive rep email by phone to finish setting everything up.

Copied from another thread similar to what I did but straight to US connected drive.

Also after adding it to connected drive please login to connected drive on the vehicle. You will then get the pin sent finally

Last edited by Mjbmw1; 02-20-2021 at 02:22 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2021, 08:24 AM   #160
threebabies
Enlisted Member
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X5

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjbmw1 View Post
For all of you Soldiers, DA Civilians, Contractors, and Expats who purchased a U.S. Spec BMW and had it show up in Germany - I want to share something that my sales rep shared with me in Bavaria. I purchased the 2021 X5 from Bavarian Auto Sales (Kesha) and she told me another one of her clients had to do a few things to make a working Idrive7 ConnectedDrive Account register. As soon as the validation comes through in 10-ish days (just took delivery yesterday), I'm going to try it out and verify that it actually works and test a secondary thing. From the text messages she copied to me, they read as follows: --------------------------------------------------- "Everything works. I had to send us connected drive my verification documents. I sent them my certificate of origin and sent them that. After a few days they emailed me telling me to call to finish setting up the account." "So it does work lol. They need to make sure their warranty validation has been completed for at least 14 days prior to trying to activate the connected drive" --------------------------------------------------- So... From the sound of it 1. I have to wait 14 days after the warranty validation has happen. 2. I have to get in touch with BMW ConnectedDrive team and send them supporting documents (Certificate of Origin) 3. Use a US address and the car is state side not in Germany. Respond to the ConnectedDrive rep email by phone to finish setting everything up.

Copied from another thread similar to what I did but straight to US connected drive.

Also after adding it to connected drive please login to connected drive on the vehicle. You will then get the pin sent finally
This was from my post and it isn't even that involved. Everything that can work is working now. Apparently the person that I was referencing who did this had to jump through hoops in order to make it work.

Here's what I did.

I contacted ConnectedDrive US with the following message:

"Team,

I'm attempting to add my new BMW X5 to the ConnectedDrive but am running into issues with the following prompt:

"No data was found for this Vehicle Identification Number."

My vin is: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Attached is the Certificate of Origin. Is there a way to manually link the ConnectedDrive services to my account? Any help would be appreciated."

The ConnectedDrive US team took about a week to respond and when they did I got the message:

"We checked and found out that the vehicle is missing TCU / SIM Card information because it does not have mandatory SA Code S-06AF. Without SIM information, the vehicle cannot be imported to our system. Please reach out to the dealer for adding the necessary SA codes."

I was planning on calling them but they don't allow for business skype numbers to call via VOIP. I was going to gather the TCU information when suddenly I got an email (13 days after their reply) saying the vehicle was mapped to the username. I really didn't do anything other than sending the initial email. It started working 4 days ago and i'm pretty happy. I just wanted android auto. I'm lazily going through and testing things to see what will work in the car. I know that the ConnedctedDrive App will not work with the Lock, Unlock, Lights, or Horn. Pretty much the entire phone app is useless. Android Auto and Apple CarPlay definitely work. The Drive Recorder also works.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-05-2021, 11:34 AM   #161
JJRX5
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by threebabies View Post
This was from my post and it isn't even that involved. Everything that can work is working now. Apparently the person that I was referencing who did this had to jump through hoops in order to make it work.

Here's what I did.

I contacted ConnectedDrive US with the following message:

"Team,

I'm attempting to add my new BMW X5 to the ConnectedDrive but am running into issues with the following prompt:

"No data was found for this Vehicle Identification Number."

My vin is: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Attached is the Certificate of Origin. Is there a way to manually link the ConnectedDrive services to my account? Any help would be appreciated."

The ConnectedDrive US team took about a week to respond and when they did I got the message:

"We checked and found out that the vehicle is missing TCU / SIM Card information because it does not have mandatory SA Code S-06AF. Without SIM information, the vehicle cannot be imported to our system. Please reach out to the dealer for adding the necessary SA codes."

I was planning on calling them but they don't allow for business skype numbers to call via VOIP. I was going to gather the TCU information when suddenly I got an email (13 days after their reply) saying the vehicle was mapped to the username. I really didn't do anything other than sending the initial email. It started working 4 days ago and i'm pretty happy. I just wanted android auto. I'm lazily going through and testing things to see what will work in the car. I know that the ConnedctedDrive App will not work with the Lock, Unlock, Lights, or Horn. Pretty much the entire phone app is useless. Android Auto and Apple CarPlay definitely work. The Drive Recorder also works.

So I haven’t been able to run this down the last couple of months since I have been TDY to the UK. As regards the above, was this process used to set up the vehicle overseas or the US? When I tried to have the Germans add the vehicle to connected drive, they basically said sorry wasn’t a use case when we designed the car. I don’t know if I can even tackle this issue until I get back to Germany, but I would like to know if anyone has successfully got their US spec 2021 X5 added to connected drive. If so was it done through BMW US or Germany?
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2021, 01:26 AM   #162
threebabies
Enlisted Member
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJRX5 View Post
So I haven’t been able to run this down the last couple of months since I have been TDY to the UK. As regards the above, was this process used to set up the vehicle overseas or the US? When I tried to have the Germans add the vehicle to connected drive, they basically said sorry wasn’t a use case when we designed the car. I don’t know if I can even tackle this issue until I get back to Germany, but I would like to know if anyone has successfully got their US spec 2021 X5 added to connected drive. If so was it done through BMW US or Germany?

Yes, I got it to work. I emailed connecteddrive USA and asked them to manually link the connecteddrive service to my connecteddrive account. I provided the warranty paperwork with the certificate of origin. At first the connecteddrive USA team emailed me saying they needed the SIM information for the car, then without warning a couple weeks later, the connecteddrive services turned on. Most of them don't work such as weather and news because they rely on cell service that Germany doesn't have. The Drive Recorder and Android Auto/Apple Carplay do work.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2021, 03:06 PM   #163
JJRX5
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by threebabies View Post
Yes, I got it to work. I emailed connecteddrive USA and asked them to manually link the connecteddrive service to my connecteddrive account. I provided the warranty paperwork with the certificate of origin. At first the connecteddrive USA team emailed me saying they needed the SIM information for the car, then without warning a couple weeks later, the connecteddrive services turned on. Most of them don't work such as weather and news because they rely on cell service that Germany doesn't have. The Drive Recorder and Android Auto/Apple Carplay do work.
Interesting. So you didn’t go through Germany at all? I sat on the phone with connected drive US for about an hour. I was transferred twice and the most they were able to do is add my car to my BMW online account. They said ConnectedDrive is impossible.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2021, 01:47 AM   #164
MJ84
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMX X3 Xdrive35i M-Sport

My BMW app

Ok I just bought a 2015 BMW X3 Xdrive35i it is US spec and has European maps but I can’t set it up on “My BMW” app I’m assuming because the vin is US. In Laymans terms how can I do this?
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2021, 02:38 AM   #165
MJ84
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMX X3 Xdrive35i M-Sport

FSC code

Hey I see people are saying you need an FSC code for CarPlay “Only way is to activate CarPlay using FSC code” how do I get it?
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2021, 05:31 AM   #166
osteome
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5

We followed the OP's instructions, first registering our 2020 X5 with BMW USA and then BMW DE. We got the usual "it will not work" replies but do have some functionality. If I use the US app on my Android, then I am repeatedly asked to register my VIN (which does not work), although if I use the DE app, then I can load the BMW. Curiously, the opposite is true when I try to access my Connected Drive account on a computer. The US account shows our data and the DE website on my computer does not recognize the VIN.

We were able to get the 07/2020.80 over the air update yesterday and we now have Apple Car Play. This was supposed to be in the last update that we received. This update was also supposed to provide Android Car Play, but that does not appear to be an option.

Bottom line, we have some functionality but it is a mess between using the app websites and don't actually have full capabilities despite receiving updates.
Gone: M3 E93 Silverstone II over Bamboo
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2021, 12:49 PM   #167
JJRX5
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by osteome View Post
We followed the OP's instructions, first registering our 2020 X5 with BMW USA and then BMW DE. We got the usual "it will not work" replies but do have some functionality. If I use the US app on my Android, then I am repeatedly asked to register my VIN (which does not work), although if I use the DE app, then I can load the BMW. Curiously, the opposite is true when I try to access my Connected Drive account on a computer. The US account shows our data and the DE website on my computer does not recognize the VIN.

We were able to get the 07/2020.80 over the air update yesterday and we now have Apple Car Play. This was supposed to be in the last update that we received. This update was also supposed to provide Android Car Play, but that does not appear to be an option.

Bottom line, we have some functionality but it is a mess between using the app websites and don't actually have full capabilities despite receiving updates.
It’s like hearing someone talk about El Dorado. It is the legend few are able to actually see. I just don’t understand why some people get results. I sent all the emails, documents, etc. I don’t know if it is too much of an ass pain for the technician to deal with or one just needs to get lucky to get someone who knows how to get it to work. What is annoying is that there are people driving around in $18k Ford Fiestas that probably have Apple Car Play, but my $70k+ X5 is forced to connect via cellular network. I mean why not at least have the basic features installed? Anyway that’s my gripe for the day. Congrats to all of you that got it working.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2021, 12:36 PM   #168
JJRX5
Rep

Most recent email. I responded back that I just want the vehicle added to the connected drive app so I can push the update. My prediction is that they are going to come back and say it is impossible...

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting BMW Assist Customer Care.

Is this vehicle a military delivery?

Sincerely,

ConnectedDrive Services Customer Care

Fax: 888-226-9492

PO Box 100035

Fort Lauderdale, FL 33310
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2021, 12:16 PM   #169
JJRX5
Rep

Well I stand corrected. Today as I was driving in I noticed there were green lines on my maps. Having never seen them before, I decided to click on apps and lo and behold, there was CarPlay and Android. I went into work and when I came back, there was a subscription icon. I now have my vehicle registered with connected drive us. I was able to register my keycard and I have some basic information (fuel, tire pressure, etc.). Other remote features such as remote view, unlock/lock, horn, etc., still don’t work. Nonetheless, CarPlay is working and that was by far the most important thing. Thanks to all of you that provided the insight needed to make this work!
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2021, 01:52 AM   #170
osteome
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5

We were able to download another OTA update to our X5 in Germany and now Android Auto works, in addition to Apple Car Play. This update included the BMW Lap Timer, which worked immediately upon download. Previously our update "content" appeared to only become active after the next update, but we seem to be functional and up to date at this point.

We still have had zero luck with the remote functions such as Remote 3D View and Remote Locking, but the vehicle data (current fuel, service requirements) are being shared in the US BMW Connected app on my phone.

Even though we don't have 100% functionality, we are at least making progress.
Gone: M3 E93 Silverstone II over Bamboo
Appreciate 1
      04-25-2021, 12:52 AM   #171
ForsakenJedi71
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 M40i

Garage List
Had a buddy get all the features of Connected app including car play and remote start here in Germany without sending an email or doing anything? Did BMW finally allow all features available in the US to be used overseas?!
      08-17-2021, 10:48 PM   #172
tbizzle86
Private
South Korea
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X5 XDrive40i

j_boy03
I got your message but I'm unable to message you back.
Attached Images

2021 X5 Xdrive 40i, M Sports Package, Alpine White, Coffee Vernasca Leather, Executive Package, Third-row seat, 21" Y spoke rims
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2021, 11:40 PM   #173
tbizzle86
Private
South Korea
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X5 XDrive40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbizzle86 View Post
j_boy03
I got your message but I'm unable to message you back.
j_boy03 send me a pm with either your email or Korean cell phone and I'll send the info I have. I added you as a friend as well and I'm getting the same error.

2021 X5 Xdrive 40i, M Sports Package, Alpine White, Coffee Vernasca Leather, Executive Package, Third-row seat, 21" Y spoke rims
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2021, 08:32 PM   #174
Oduvan4ikTrer
Registered
Rep
Drives: Man

Oduvan4ikTrer Not

Error 523 origin is unreachable
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2021, 08:33 PM   #175
Oduvan4ikTrer
Registered
Rep
Drives: Man

Oduvan4ikTrer Lol

Error 523 origin is unreachable
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2021, 08:24 AM   #176
GermanG05
Private
Germany
Rep
Drives: X5 G05, A4 B9 Avant

Has anyone thought about having an X5 or an X meeting in ramstein?
Appreciate 0