BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

02-18-2021, 11:50 AM   #23
SHARMAATL
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW X7 M60i

Favorite: B&W sound system
Honorable mention for favorite: Ambient lighting (always a crowd pleaser)

Least favorite: Design problem - Door doesn't extend over the lower sill so my pants leg always gets either dirty or wet depending on weather.
Appreciate 1
      02-18-2021, 12:26 PM   #24
nZtiZia
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: eVeRyOnE mAD!

Garage List
first world door sill clearance problems!
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
volodp196.50
      02-18-2021, 12:49 PM   #25
popper
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 45e 2021

The favorite: Back up assist, silence when accelerating in 45e, remote warm up by iPhone

Least favorite: shutting back doors sound-had a fiat 124 sport coupe that sounded more solid-sounds like dropping an empty tin can on the floor
Appreciate 2
volodp196.50
thereef5101165.00
      02-18-2021, 08:46 PM   #26
wifesbimmer
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: '20 X5 M50i, E92 M3, '16 F150

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobsM3Coupe View Post
Just say "Hey BMW" set temperature to 72°, and she will comply.
I need to try this ASAP. Thanks thanks
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2021, 02:00 PM   #27
ToddMac
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5

Favorites: Massaging seats, 3D camera, Ambient lighting
Least Favorite: no oil dipstick, that I keep using the button on the bottom half of the lift gate to shut the top (doh!)
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2021, 09:10 AM   #28
Spencer518
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5 45e

Favorite: Regenerative braking. Love that the car slows to a crawl when you take your foot off the accelerator
Least Favorite: iDrive Spotify keeps stealing the stream from whatever other device I am listening on every time the car wakes to update info in the Connected App.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2021, 09:30 AM   #29
Auricom
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 xDrive40i M Sport

Likes: too many to list, but M sport exterior design and interior quality and color (nice to have 2-tone color option), luxury comfort seats, 2VR + IAS, cameras and DAP with ETJA.

Dislike: no silver or light/medium gray (space gray) standard paint options without having to resort to SABI or 490 costly paint options.

Appreciate 1
thereef5101165.00
      02-21-2021, 03:20 PM   #30
SmartSaves
X5 Enthusiast
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5

Garage List
2021 BMW X5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auricom View Post
Dislike: no silver or light/medium gray (space gray) standard paint options without having to resort to SABI or 490 costly paint options.
I miss F15 generation space grey color option.

My dislike: brake pulsating feel (regenerative braking). I wish there was a way to adjust the setting.
      02-22-2021, 03:43 AM   #31
Bambazonke
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5 & 2020 X5

Garage List
  [0.00]
Dislikes
1 Poor range of standard colours especially light ones white & metallic white really BMW you can do better than this how about arctic silver bronze light grey or glacier blue?
2. No email option in iDrive 7 only messages
3. Luggage cover has no built in mesh separator like the F15 has. Taking your pet to the dog wash has now become a major mission to set it up to the point my wife waits for me to do it or uses my F15 instead.

1.Driver assist tech especially the Reversing assistant as I have a curved driveway with a few pot plants to dodge!
2.Adaptive LED head lights way better than the F15 Xenons
      02-22-2021, 06:05 AM   #32
Frenetic
PANIC!
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

1. I actually like the HK stereo. It sounds great to me. I can only imagine how much nicer the Bowers is. It took a while to find the right sound settings, but now that it’s dialed in, it sounds great and much better than the high-end Bose I had in my previous car.
2. I like the sky lounge. Yeah it’s kind of cheesy, but I personally like it and now keep the pano shade open almost all of the time now.
3. Air suspension: this thing rides very smooth for such a large car on 22” wheels. The suspension plays a large part in how it handles. I don’t like comfort mode as it’s very floaty, but to me, sports mode suspension is perfect: it’s not floaty and is very composed without being harsh. It glides over road imperfections.

Dislikes:
1. I don’t like the instrument cluster. The backwards gauges is lame and it’s not configurable in any appreciable way.
2. I also don’t like the windshield wipers. They’re very noisy. My car is garage parked with no UV exposure. I wiped down the blades to no avail.
3. I also don’t like the driving mode buttons. The entire area near the shifter is actually kind of busy and I have to look down to change modes.
4. The seats and gas pedal are uncomfortable to me.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2021, 01:36 PM   #33
codex57
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5 45e, Tesla Model 3

2. Air suspension. Soooo soft.
3. Sky lounge. Yeah functionality is the same, but I like the pretty lights. I do wish the LEDs were the same brightness as the rest of the ambient lights.

Dislikes:
1. Comfort Access doesn't allow an option to turn off based on location. At home, it drives me nuts that it keeps locking/unlocking as I move around the garage or when I'm washing the car.
2. Map updates are extremely slow so it would be nice to be able to set Home by dropping a pin. My neighborhood has been around for at least 2-3 years, but no sign of it showing up in Maps yet. Google Maps has it at least, but the car's adaptive drive programming requires use of the BMW nav to work.
3. I wish the car would not let you drive (or at least have a very visible warning) if you leave a gas cap or charging port open
4. I wish the gauge cluster had more options to show
5. No reclining rear seat.
6. Glass controls. They blind me and aren't as comfortable to touch, but DW and other females seem to love this feature.

Can you tell I'm spoiled by tech from my other car? LOL
Appreciate 2
thereef5101165.00
FCX52380.50
      02-22-2021, 03:36 PM   #34
jonatious
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by codex57 View Post
3. Sky lounge. Yeah functionality is the same, but I like the pretty lights. I do wish the LEDs were the same brightness as the rest of the ambient lights.

Dislikes:
1. Comfort Access doesn't allow an option to turn off based on location. At home, it drives me nuts that it keeps locking/unlocking as I move around the garage or when I'm washing the car.
2. Map updates are extremely slow so it would be nice to be able to set Home by dropping a pin. My neighborhood has been around for at least 2-3 years, but no sign of it showing up in Maps yet. Google Maps has it at least, but the car's adaptive drive programming requires use of the BMW nav to work.
3. I wish the car would not let you drive (or at least have a very visible warning) if you leave a gas cap or charging port open
6. Glass controls. They blind me and aren't as comfortable to touch, but DW and other females seem to love this feature.

Glad to hear about glass controls, since I didnt go for it 😜
There is no address that will let you pin your neighborhood?
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2021, 05:11 PM   #35
Finito84
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e

X5 45e

Most - Bmw connect: climatize function (use it every day, especially in this weather). 2nd most - assisted driving.
Least - The x5 45e battery is way too limited in US. Today, at 100% battery, it was 24 miles in the screen. I wish they unlocked it like in Europe.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2021, 05:54 PM   #36
codex57
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonatious View Post
No. There's an elementary school (and other houses) roughly 300-500 yards away diagonally, but it's on the other side of a main street and still fairly far away. That's what I have pinned now, but if I forget to cancel the navigation, it starts freaking out telling me to U-turn long before I get to my house. The turn in to that neighborhood starts maybe 1/4 mile or more so I start getting those navi instructions pretty far away.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2021, 06:12 PM   #37
Torijona
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F95 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambazonke View Post
Dislikes
1 Poor range of standard colours especially light ones white & metallic white really BMW you can do better than this how about arctic silver bronze light grey or glacier blue?
2. No email option in iDrive 7 only messages
3. Luggage cover has no built in mesh separator like the F15 has. Taking your pet to the dog wash has now become a major mission to set it up to the point my wife waits for me to do it or uses my F15 instead.

1.Driver assist tech especially the Reversing assistant as I have a curved driveway with a few pot plants to dodge!
2.Adaptive LED head lights way better than the F15 Xenons
I bought this for mine and keeps my Malamute's shedding under control. The 35x29x30 fits in the X5. It can be folded flat and stored easily.

Petsfit 30" x24"x25(LxWxH) Inches Medium Soft Portable Dog Crate/Cat Crate/Foldable Pet Kennel/Indoor Outdoor Pet Home for Medium Dogs https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01KJZY9PW...CK3FSBTM?psc=1

I never had the previous version so, I am unsure about what I am missing 😁. But hope this helps.
Appreciate 1
      02-22-2021, 06:36 PM   #38
BobsM3Coupe
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonatious View Post
If I didn't get my X5M, I would still have gotten the glass controls. Otherwise the shifter lever is just so cheap looking in black plastic. Embarrassing for an expensive vehicle. It belongs in a Civic.
Appreciate 1
sahajesh2294.00
      02-22-2021, 06:57 PM   #39
jonatious
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobsM3Coupe View Post
If I didn't get my X5M, I would still have gotten the glass controls. Otherwise the shifter lever is just so cheap looking in black plastic. Embarrassing for an expensive vehicle. It belongs in a Civic.
yeah agreed. I just didnt feel it was worth getting it with $1300 more. I wouldve gotten it if I had the budget. I was way over budget going for an X7 from initial plan of X5
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2021, 03:37 AM   #40
G Whizz UK
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G05 30dMSport

Quote:
My house has been around for 100+ years, is the only one with it's name globally, yet when it's parked outside, and we've set the home address, it says the address is one a mile up the road.... It looks correct on the map so I would always using the map not the address!
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2021, 08:58 AM   #41
Needsdecaf
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2024 G80 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifr View Post
Fave- drive assist pro. Makes the monotonous journeys simpler and safer

Worst-sky lounge. Twice the cost for half the functionality. I loved the huge pano roof on my F15. Almost like a convertible in summer. Sky lounge with its tiny roof opening and pointless lighting, that I never even notice, is a big step backwards for me.
Does sky lounge make the roof opening smaller than the sunroof without it?
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2021, 10:18 AM   #42
codex57
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Needsdecaf View Post
On my test drives, I don't remember a difference. The area covered by glass is certainly the same. It wouldn't make any sense to have different sized openings as that adds complexity to parts and the build process.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2021, 11:38 AM   #43
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Tesla MY LR AWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Needsdecaf View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ifr View Post
Fave- drive assist pro. Makes the monotonous journeys simpler and safer

Worst-sky lounge. Twice the cost for half the functionality. I loved the huge pano roof on my F15. Almost like a convertible in summer. Sky lounge with its tiny roof opening and pointless lighting, that I never even notice, is a big step backwards for me.
It's the same size. We just don't have the option in the U.K. - it's sky lounge or no pano roof.

It's just a step back from the F15 pano roof.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2021, 07:16 PM   #44
FCX5
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 50i

Quote:

Dislikes:

My wife's car is a Model Y and I can understand you noticing the difference in tech. I admit I love driving the MY quite a bit myself. Seriously considering upgrading my X5 for the new iX later this year or next,
Appreciate 0