03-05-2021, 01:25 PM   #155
shadab.ashraf56
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 430i

Quote:
Originally Posted by codex57 View Post
Honestly, things are so screwy with the 2021 MY, if you can, I'm inclined to just cancel and wait to see how MY22 looks. BMW is pulling major options that they've historically offered in the past on all their models. And BMW's base sound systems have never been very good. Some are downright awful and get embarrassed by base systems from mainstream manufacturers like Hyundai. HK really should be standard in a vehicle this expensive. And air suspension is fantastic.
I went and listened to hifi in 2021 it sounds pathetic to me and i am no audiophile. I was going to change amp and speaker to bimmer tech alpha one. I actually have hifi on my 2018 4 series and that doesn't sounds bad. May be something to do with size of the vehicle.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2021, 01:30 PM   #156
jcottonfieldx5
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '21 X5 xDrive40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadab.ashraf56 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy311 View Post
Quote:
Yeah no more air suspension for 40i dealer is now saying air suspension had too many problems and i am better without that, sounds contradicting statement to me. I mean i agree its a moving part and one more thing to break but they are providing that on 45e so how can it be so bad. Should i ditch air suspension is it not worth it i am already salty on HK so right now emotions running high and asked dealer to cancel order not sure if that is right choice though
I'm in the same boat. But consider this, what is your reason for canceling now? I think you can always cancel later. You would be very disappointed if the HK reappears on your build in a couple of weeks and you cancelled. Cancel when you have a better option.Never make rash decisions when emotions are high
Cancelled that order got refund my car would have got into production this week it was scheduled for last week of march . Dealership is positive that i will not get HK on this allocation. May be on another allocation later this year we might see HK or Air suspension or maybe not. I am done with this 2021 MY.
I was able to get the HK back in my build just yesterday. I submitted 2/22. Not yet scheduled for production though... so not too excited. At least it is back in the build on my garage.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2021, 01:58 PM   #157
shadab.ashraf56
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcottonfieldx5 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Yeah no more air suspension for 40i dealer is now saying air suspension had too many problems and i am better without that, sounds contradicting statement to me. I mean i agree its a moving part and one more thing to break but they are providing that on 45e so how can it be so bad. Should i ditch air suspension is it not worth it i am already salty on HK so right now emotions running high and asked dealer to cancel order not sure if that is right choice though
I'm in the same boat. But consider this, what is your reason for canceling now? I think you can always cancel later. You would be very disappointed if the HK reappears on your build in a couple of weeks and you cancelled. Cancel when you have a better option.Never make rash decisions when emotions are high
Cancelled that order got refund my car would have got into production this week it was scheduled for last week of march . Dealership is positive that i will not get HK on this allocation. May be on another allocation later this year we might see HK or Air suspension or maybe not. I am done with this 2021 MY.
I was able to get the HK back in my build just yesterday. I submitted 2/22. Not yet scheduled for production though... so not too excited. At least it is back in the build on my garage.
It is back in configurator as standalone at $875 and premium package went down to $1000. Just came back from dealership he is saying he can add but order will not go through with HK at least for this month's production. Best of luck to you i hope you get it.
Appreciate 1
      03-05-2021, 02:59 PM   #158
Marty in NY
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21 X5 40i, 18 GTi, Snowblower

I would advise if you can hold off a bit you will save yourself some aggravation. BMW is obviously making changes.

Yesterday:
Convenience Pkg: $1,050
Premium Pkg: $2,800 (included HK Audio)
Executive Pkg: $5,100 (included HK Audio)

Today:
Premium Pkg: $2,050 (does not include HK Audio)
Executive Pkg: $4,350 (included HK Audio)

Still no Air Suspension listed anywhere and Glass Controls is still back, both ala carte and in the Exec Pkg
Appreciate 1
      03-05-2021, 03:53 PM   #159
TREKER
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X5 X40i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty in NY View Post
I would advise if you can hold off a bit you will save yourself some aggravation. BMW is obviously making changes.

Yesterday:

Today:

Still no Air Suspension listed anywhere and Glass Controls is still back, both ala carte and in the Exec Pkg
Just spoke to my dealer

HK gone - Things changing every day but who knows if it will return. As of now, gone.

Air suspension gone - I am not that upset about this as the HK system.

I have a build week 14 which is a month away.

I cannot believe BMW will allow for HiFi sound systems to be put into vehicles that were purchased with HK and just say, those are the breaks...

I asked if something could be done about the stereo B&W upgrade since HK isnt available. No idea. They have to ask factory.

This is my first experience with BMW. I was so hoping for this to go well. Just Covid strikes again but in another way. At least that is what they are saying.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2021, 03:56 PM   #160
Marty in NY
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREKER View Post
Just spoke to my dealer

HK gone - Things changing every day but who knows if it will return. As of now, gone.

I asked if something could be done about the stereo B&W upgrade since HK isnt available. No idea. They have to ask factory.
Are you saying you paid for the HK system and the dealer is not giving your your $875 back?
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2021, 04:23 PM   #161
TREKER
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Are you saying you paid for the HK system and the dealer is not giving your your $875 back?
No. They are offering the money back. I am asking why it is shown on the build config when its not available. They stated to not follow that site because things are changing all the time.

I only have my down payment and a production number at this point. Been a month already. Spoke to dealer and Genius. Can't really get anywhere with either.

Don't want to cancel because I am coming out of a lease and I really like the X5. I just want someone to clarify why they updated the config and added the HK system as an option when dealer is stating opposite.

Part of ordering a vehicle like this is to have a premium sound system. How can BMW accept this as a luxury vehicle manufacturer? Where is the alternate planning? No one saw this coming? Why not make the B&W system an option for the 40i? Give the customer the option to have vehicle with a system already designed for the vehicle?

I am ranting but the frustration is kicking in.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2021, 04:25 PM   #162
Husker4theSpurs
Rep
Drives: Volvo XC 60 T8

No chance we are getting a 2021 between all the compromised options and the battery problems in the 45e gonna take a wait and see approach.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2021, 04:39 PM   #163
Marty in NY
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
No. They are offering the money back. I am asking why it is shown on the build config when its not available. They stated to not follow that site because things are changing all the time.

Ok, thanks for the clarification. Yeah, well, I have been told by several dealers over the course of time that the BMW online config tool has been posted, to not take it too seriously. Use it to get an idea, see pictures, read descriptions and get an idea of what the costs are.

If you want an accurate quote, ask your dealer for it and use their pricing and configuration guides instead. The online config tool is a great idea but we too often see, as is the case at this writing, its unreliable and causes much confusion. I've had a dealer tell me it causes them a lot of aggravation when frustrated customers complain to them and even they have a difficult time trying to answer customer questions about it. They wish BMW would take the site down.

I was in a dealers showroom last year and the two of us sat down in front of his puter and brought up the online config site and in the process of discussion certain options, he found a discrepancy between the site and his config guide. He called BMW while I was in his office only to find the site was in error.

I still use the site because I like to see pictures, get close on pricing and its convenient but don't depend on it. Get your config, send that to your favorite dealer(s) and start the discussion. Once you agree on your build config, get it in writing and then stay on top of the situation until the car is in your garage. If the car comes in and does not match what you had in writing, you have options at that point, none of them good, but.. .. it happens to all car brands.
Appreciate 1
volodp196.50
      03-05-2021, 08:22 PM   #164
TREKER
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Ok, thanks for the clarification. Yeah, well, I have been told by several dealers over the course of time that the BMW online config tool has been posted, to not take it too seriously. Use it to get an idea, see pictures, read descriptions and get an idea of what the costs are.

If you want an accurate quote, ask your dealer for it and use their pricing and configuration guides instead. The online config tool is a great idea but we too often see, as is the case at this writing, its unreliable and causes much confusion. I've had a dealer tell me it causes them a lot of aggravation when frustrated customers complain to them and even they have a difficult time trying to answer customer questions about it. They wish BMW would take the site down.

I was in a dealers showroom last year and the two of us sat down in front of his puter and brought up the online config site and in the process of discussion certain options, he found a discrepancy between the site and his config guide. He called BMW while I was in his office only to find the site was in error.

I still use the site because I like to see pictures, get close on pricing and its convenient but don't depend on it. Get your config, send that to your favorite dealer(s) and start the discussion. Once you agree on your build config, get it in writing and then stay on top of the situation until the car is in your garage. If the car comes in and does not match what you had in writing, you have options at that point, none of them good, but.. .. it happens to all car brands.
Agree - My main contention is that I ordered my vehicle not only with the online config but also sitting at the desk with the sales associate. Order placed, then after a month of watching to tracker, to only see my air suspension and HK system vanish.

Spoke to dealer again tonight. They told me that they can get a delivery of HK tomorrow and things can change again. Its all supply chain issues right now. However when a order is placed, the factory must accept the build or send back info stating they cannot fill it. Mine stood in order accepted for nearly a month now and only yesterday it all changed.

So they are going to keep track of things with factory and add the HK system if it becomes available before the factory locks in the build. Factory will fill orders for purchased builds over orders for stock vehicles from what I was told.

We will see. I have hopes that within the next two weeks that this is rectified and HKs are back in the vehicles that ordered them.

We will see.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2021, 08:56 PM   #165
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

Quote:
Spoke to dealer again tonight. They told me that they can get a delivery of HK tomorrow and things can change again. Its all supply chain issues right now. However when a order is placed, the factory must accept the build or send back info stating they cannot fill it. Mine stood in order accepted for nearly a month now and only yesterday it all changed.
I understand how you feel and I would be upset also. My understanding is that when an order is in the "Order Received" status, which I think is what you are referring to, that means that BMW has not acknowledged/scheduled/confirmed the order. It just means that they received it. The next stage is "Scheduled for Production" which means that the order has been "approved" and will be built as ordered.
TREKER64.50
volodp196.50
      03-05-2021, 09:28 PM   #166
TXSchnee
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 XM

Quote:
Quote:

They need to get better website designers then, as most other build and price tools are accurate. This is true across the board from cheap to expensive makes. Odd that BMW has so many issues with only the US build and price.
2020 Porsche Cayenne E Hybrid (sold)
2018 X3 M40i (sold)
Appreciate 1
TREKER64.50
      03-05-2021, 09:45 PM   #167
Marty in NY
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSchnee View Post
They need to get better website designers then, as most other build and price tools are accurate. This is true across the board from cheap to expensive makes. Odd that BMW has so many issues with only the US build and price.
I agree, it "appears" there is no preliminary site where they can make changes to their hearts content and then when approved, they release that to the internet. I do a little work on my son's Optometry site and all the while I'm making changes, its preliminary, think of it as a sandbox and once I finish and I've tested my work, I release it and it supersedes the released pages. I just don't see the online config this way though there must be more to it than meets the common eye.
Appreciate 2
TREKER64.50
TXSchnee1307.50
      03-06-2021, 07:53 AM   #168
nZtiZia
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: eVeRyOnE mAD!

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husker4theSpurs View Post
No chance we are getting a 2021 between all the compromised options and the battery problems in the 45e gonna take a wait and see approach.
what battery problems? I saw a post the other day that someone's EU 45e build was halted for a "technical flag", which he assumed was related to the battery but nothing official. Plus, many current 45e orders aren't being halted for this "flag".

I know there was a battery issue in the MY20 45e EU builds, but that was resolved for MY21 builds.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2021, 08:08 AM   #169
Marty in NY
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Yesterday:

Today:

....and today, the HK sound system is down to $750 as opposed to yesterdays $875

Edit: I noticed that if you select either the Premium or the Exec Pkg, the HK audio system is $750 but if you do not select either of those pkgs, the prices goes up to $875

Attached Images

Last edited by Marty in NY; 03-06-2021 at 09:06 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2021, 02:26 PM   #170
shadab.ashraf56
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Placed my order with another dealership and they had an allocation for march. Hk is back in the build will have to see if it holds till production starts. I finally fell for BMW marketing traps and upgraded from premium to executive, I just wanted the adaptive icon light for the looks, rest of the options doesn't matter much to me. My wallet took a hit of $2300
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2021, 09:07 PM   #171
Grumpy311
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X5, 328i

Quote:
Placed my order with another dealership and they had an allocation for march. Hk is back in the build will have to see if it holds till production starts. I finally fell for BMW marketing traps and upgraded from premium to executive, I just wanted the adaptive icon light for the looks, rest of the options doesn't matter much to me. My wallet took a hit of $2300
I do not think/hope that the builder guarantees you a HK system. I say that because I would be really pissed if somebody who ordered their X5 after me got the HK while mine was taken off the build automatically.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2021, 12:35 AM   #172
shadab.ashraf56
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I do not think/hope that the builder guarantees you a HK system. I say that because I would be really pissed if somebody who ordered their X5 after me got the HK while mine was taken off the build automatically.
I understand but I believe parts are available but are scarce if you have a build which is going in production in a week or two and still has HK on it then there is good chance yo will get it. If your order is sitting at order received and your scheduled build is like more than 4 weeks from now it will depend on availability at that time. Key is to get an allocation with lowest build week possible. I lost Air suspension and i am pissed too but that doesn't makes any difference to how things are or will be
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2021, 07:45 AM   #173
Grumpy311
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I understand but I believe parts are available but are scarce if you have a build which is going in production in a week or two and still has HK on it then there is good chance yo will get it. If your order is sitting at order received and your scheduled build is like more than 4 weeks from now it will depend on availability at that time. Key is to get an allocation with lowest build week possible. I lost Air suspension and i am pissed too but that doesn't makes any difference to how things are or will be
I was curious whether, if your build changes, is it still clear what was originally ordered? In other words, is somebody even trying to get it back to its original order specs?
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2021, 08:03 AM   #174
shadab.ashraf56
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I was curious whether, if your build changes, is it still clear what was originally ordered? In other words, is somebody even trying to get it back to its original order specs?
Ask your SA to add back the HK as standalone option from configurator, even if he believes it will not be delivered with one. Theoretically you can add anything available in the configurator and hope BMW will honor that. What is your build week ?
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2021, 09:25 AM   #175
Grumpy311
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Ask your SA to add back the HK as standalone option from configurator, even if he believes it will not be delivered with one. Theoretically you can add anything available in the configurator and hope BMW will honor that. What is your build week ?
I'll have to ask. Not sure I have one. The dealer was talking about dates being pushed back and up. But not sure if he was talking about build weeks or whatever.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2021, 10:13 AM   #176
shadab.ashraf56
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Yeah i get it now i will suggest you to shop around and find a dealer who has a better allocation else you will have to wait until your build week is getting current. You can ask bmw genius for build week if dealer has provided production number.
Appreciate 1