Appreciate 1
      12-12-2022, 11:12 AM   #24
Watching The World Burn
Lengthy but not a Girthy Member
Rep
Drives: 1971 Honda Civic

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkieSnuffBox View Post
I'm just always curious what religious folks think happened to humans for the 150,000 years before the bible was written. Since you have to hear the word of God and repent to make it to heaven. God didn't deem them worthy?

What about the people of North Sentinel Island, also not worthy? It's just laughable.
From where do you get that humans were around 150,000 years before the bible was written? I would very much like to see this source.

God doesn't reveal Himself in just the Bible...I think you know that, but I'll say it anyways. Nature reveals Him constantly, you can never have seen a Bible and yet still know that there is a God and know that you are wrong and trust in Him to save you. God knows all our hearts, he knows what is genuine. The majority of us have a conscience / moral code - from where did it come from if not God? You can desensitize your conscience such to a point that you don't even have one (or any moral code - used interchangeably), but that is through your actions and repeated sin that you desensitize yourself to that particular action.
Appreciate 1
      12-12-2022, 11:30 AM   #25
NYG
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi R8

Only if Ms. Cleo is doing the reading.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2022, 08:16 AM   #26
OkieSnuffBox
Major
Rep
Drives: '13 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watching The World Burn View Post
From where do you get that humans were around 150,000 years before the bible was written? I would very much like to see this source.

God doesn't reveal Himself in just the Bible...I think you know that, but I'll say it anyways. Nature reveals Him constantly, you can never have seen a Bible and yet still know that there is a God and know that you are wrong and trust in Him to save you. God knows all our hearts, he knows what is genuine. The majority of us have a conscience / moral code - from where did it come from if not God? You can desensitize your conscience such to a point that you don't even have one (or any moral code - used interchangeably), but that is through your actions and repeated sin that you desensitize yourself to that particular action.
Let's be real, would any source convince you? I suspect not. https://www.prb.org/articles/how-man...ived-on-earth/

You don't need "God" to know what is right and what is wrong. It's actually more troubling that you need a fictitious character to guide you on simple things.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2022, 09:01 AM   #27
AmuroRay
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M235i

Pagan, but I think there is *something* to do with it. In Christianity and Hebrew beliefs (Not Jewish) the Sun moon and stars are there to give us time, dates and make us aware of events.

But them defining your destiny...nah
      12-27-2022, 07:03 PM   #28
F32Fleet
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridaorange View Post
So many posts from those who didn't bother to read any of the links Since ^you mentioned "scorpio" I'll copy and paste for those too lazy to check out the links. My dad is a Scorpio, this is pretty damn accurate imo... but entertaining at a minimum.

Dark Side of Scorpio: Vengeful, Fixated, Self-Destructive, Insecure

Scorpio Negative Traits
When They're Bad, They're Horrid
If you get long poison-pen messages saying the friendship or relationship is over, or darkly hinting that a mole on her neck has probably become a deadly melanoma, it's likely from your Scorpio friend. Because Scorpio can be droll or entertaining, you forgive his or her moodiness and drama. In return, you will receive an invitation to a fabulous dinner or New Year's bash (Scorpios throw great house parties, but don't really want you at their house otherwise, so don't drop in). For a while all seems okay, until you get fresh complaints that you have insulted or hurt them, or been ungrateful—as if you were an enemy. You begin to think you should be.

A negative Scorpio is a "malcontent": a person who constantly feels attacked and misunderstood. Ironic and sarcastic, saying the opposite of what they mean, they are of course misunderstood. They have creative superpowers (like Bram Stoker, author of Dracula, born November 8, or painter Georgia O'Keeffe, born Nov. 15), but if unused, their creativity backs up and sours. They can begin to obsess or fantasize and joke about committing crimes or suicide.

Their Tasteless Greatness
Scorpio's ability to focus or obsess — especially on career matters [...]

Having a very late Oct birthday I got a laugh out of this. However, many people are unaware that the position of the stars have changed.

https://www.space.com/zodiac-sign-astrology-astronomy

435i, MPPK, MPE, M-Sport Line
Appreciate 0