BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

01-15-2010, 11:45 AM   #23
dbtheo
1addicts CA
Rep
Drives: 2005 330i ZHP cic, 2021 X5 40i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by amdhunter View Post
Finally broke down/called VW and this is the breakdown.

I have to pay off the rest of my payments, and will be responsible for the following on TOP of the car:

Wear and tear - I have to set up an appointment for this. I am aiming for this Tuesday.
Or
Money lost during auction - I'll be responsible for anything they don't make at auction.

I'll pay whatever is less + $350 turn in fee.

I tried setting up an appointment with the inspection company yesterday, but the lady I got on the phone was extremely rude and couldn't understand a word I was saying. She sounded really old and bitter, and asked me to SPELL out the NUMBERS from my VW account...lol

*Sigh* - I am already nerve wracked, and don't need to be rudely talked down to.

Sorry but I think that is BS, you should not be responsible for that assuming wear & tear is within their guidelines
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2010, 12:22 PM   #24
BlackjackMulligan
Most interesting Roadster
United_States
Rep
Drives: '01 Z3.0 Roady;'10 C300 Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbtheo View Post
Sorry but I think that is BS, you should not be responsible for that assuming wear & tear is within their guidelines
I was thinking the same, but it looks like IF:

There is no wear and tear OR
He fixes it on his own

Then he wouldn't be responsible for that auction baloney. But I could be reading it wrong..

- Joe Walsh
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2010, 01:12 PM   #25
Add1ct
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 135i, 335i

i don't see why you'd be liable for any loss at auction if you wouldn't be at the end of the lease, but I guess that's probably in the contract
      01-15-2010, 01:30 PM   #26
Addict...Nah Im A Junkie!
Captain
Rep
Drives: 09 135i, 98 M rdstr

Quote:
Originally Posted by amdhunter View Post
I haven't seen a single one in the Bronx YET.
And only one time did I see one driving on the turnpike.
Hey guys, Im in the bronx too, but you will never see me park on the street around here!!!

BMW Manhattan is ridiculous. If you are in the bronx, you can go to Pace BMW which is part of Greenwich BMW but much closer to you. They are great!!!! If you need a recommendation for a sales guy just let me know and I can forward you so info on them. So far I only have good things to say about them.
      01-15-2010, 01:41 PM   #27
amdhunter
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Black RX-8 R3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackjackMulligan View Post
I was thinking the same, but it looks like IF:

There is no wear and tear OR
He fixes it on his own

Then he wouldn't be responsible for that auction baloney. But I could be reading it wrong..
Yeah, if there is no wear and tear on the car, I won't be responsible for a dime.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2010, 01:47 PM   #28
amdhunter
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Black RX-8 R3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict...Nah Im A Junkie! View Post
Hey guys, Im in the bronx too, but you will never see me park on the street around here!!!

BMW Manhattan is ridiculous. If you are in the bronx, you can go to Pace BMW which is part of Greenwich BMW but much closer to you. They are great!!!! If you need a recommendation for a sales guy just let me know and I can forward you so info on them. So far I only have good things to say about them.
BMW of Manhattan was really pushy and snotty. The whole time they treated me like I was bullcrapping them...because I was asking a ton of questions.

I went to BMW of Bayside, and had a much nicer experience, but they really fought against buying any manual cars - I am not fond of DCT/DSG/SST transmissions.

My brother has an Evo X and I hate it. Sure it shifts fast, but at the end of the day, it is way too thumpy and annoying. I've also driven an S4, and couldn't stand how it always wanted to run a gear higher than where you wanted it to be. lol

We also have a 300c SRT8 in the family, and the slushbox on it really kills the whole experience -- but, it is one mighty powerful car...lol
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2010, 09:43 PM   #29
goffsroad
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: The non-enthusiasts 128i

Make sure you read your contract. Terminating a lease early usually means paying what you would owe if you kept the car for the entire lease period plus penalties and other fees.
Appreciate 0