Teutonic
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game View Post

Looks GORGEOUS to me.

Curious, how old are you? Could be a demographic thing.
Very funny. Now we are looking at the age perspective?
You can be young and old inside, old and young inside.
Taste however has nothing to do with demographic.
On the same token, only old people can love that old Buick design...
So, you might be right.. as I am not old...

Last edited by Teutonic; 02-09-2021 at 01:49 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2021, 02:10 AM   #46
fastboatster
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2009 bmw 328i

nice showing by m340i and m8, no doubt. not too many 4 doors in that price range can go this quick. m340i will be an awesome performance bargain when there gonna be more of those as CPOs or when the first owners start selling their cars. I think the only gripe is its steering. I wonder how the Alpina B3's steering feels like, perhaps there's going to be an "Alpina flash" for the steering controller, just like there's an alpina flash for e90 335i zf 6hp.
      02-09-2021, 10:27 AM   #47
Game
------
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G87 M2 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moflow View Post
Yeah and I do think i'm in the minority here, as I've seen lots of people all over the internet loving how it looks.

Just interesting how it can read really differently to different people, but it's the same with all styling I suppose.

I'm in my late 30's.
Yeah at the end of the day it's all subjective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teutonic View Post
Very funny. Now we are looking at the age perspective?
You can be young and old inside, old and young inside.
Taste however has nothing to do with demographic.
On the same token, only old people can love that old Buick design...
So, you might be right.. as I am not old...
Care to show me an interior design you think is gorgeous?
      02-09-2021, 05:02 PM   #48
IllSic_Design
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 335i

Quote:

Looks GORGEOUS to me.

Curious, how old are you? Could be a demographic thing.
LOL this looks so cheap and hideous IMO, especially compared to previous MB interiors. The huge carbon pieces look gaudy, fake, and cheap, and those vents look like they are from the 90s or something. I'm 33 btw
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2021, 08:32 AM   #49
heavyD^2
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: X3M Competition

The vents are some of the best things about the new MB interiors. They have built-in LED's and are of high quality feel. I also feel their LCD displays have the best contrast in the industry and if you like ambient lighting look no further. However if you really poke around the interior plastics are worse than anything Audi or BMW would put in their vehicles. IMO MB's new interiors are best in the industry as far as style goes but fit and finish is not as good as the competition as they turn into rattle traps.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2021, 12:33 PM   #50
Game
------
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G87 M2 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IllSic_Design View Post
LOL this looks so cheap and hideous IMO, especially compared to previous MB interiors. The huge carbon pieces look gaudy, fake, and cheap, and those vents look like they are from the 90s or something. I'm 33 btw
Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyD^2 View Post
The vents are some of the best things about the new MB interiors. They have built-in LED's and are of high quality feel. I also feel their LCD displays have the best contrast in the industry and if you like ambient lighting look no further. However if you really poke around the interior plastics are worse than anything Audi or BMW would put in their vehicles. IMO MB's new interiors are best in the industry as far as style goes but fit and finish is not as good as the competition as they turn into rattle traps.
Crazy to see the polar opposite opinions on these interiors.

I agree with HeavyD, best styling by far. Their ambient lighting blows BMW away as well.
      02-11-2021, 10:12 PM   #51
chris719
Major General
Rep
Drives: '08 M Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moflow View Post
If you only have one long screen, both displays have to be placed at the exact same height, two screens makes much more sense ergonomically for that reason.

It literally looks cheap to me, like they are trying to save money by using one screen when they should be using two.

They always try to get the most expensive version of the car with all of the performance options. So the CLA probably has an R compound option, while other cars may not.
Two more standard screens are probably less expensive, actually. If that is one single LCD panel, it's a very non-standard aspect ratio and probably is produced and sells in lower volumes since it can't go into some other generic product. Pricing on displays and electronics are hugely influenced by volume. It could still be two panels just bonded to a single piece of glass, although I haven't seen it in action to notice if there is a black gap.

That said, something about the design bothers me. I don't like the look of the vents either.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2021, 01:45 AM   #52
Moflow
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris719 View Post
Two more standard screens are probably less expensive, actually. If that is one single LCD panel, it's a very non-standard aspect ratio and probably is produced and sells in lower volumes since it can't go into some other generic product. Pricing on displays and electronics are hugely influenced by volume. It could still be two panels just bonded to a single piece of glass, although I haven't seen it in action to notice if there is a black gap.

That said, something about the design bothers me. I don't like the look of the vents either.
I'm almost positive its two screens behind one piece of glass. They don't need to display anything behind the right side of the steering wheel where the screen would be blocked anyway.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2021, 07:46 PM   #53
Paul Moran
Second Lieutenant
Spain
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i

Quote:
Yeah at the end of the day it's all subjective.

Care to show me an interior design you think is gorgeous?
[B]ELOW I HAVE POSTED SOME PHOTOS OF THE M340I IM TAKING DELIVERY OF IN DECEMBER. It will have the full marino red leather 4139 euro, carbon fiber roof 3300 euro, San Marino Individual blue paint at 6000 euro, sports tyres 225 front 255 back at 1988 euro among other things. I will also be getting the AC Schnitzer engine performance upgrade from 374hp to 420hp but the big number is the torque from 500nm to 600nm. Thats the shit that pushes you back in the seat
Attached Images

Last edited by Paul Moran; 11-09-2021 at 08:05 PM..
Appreciate 0