03-16-2021, 04:08 PM   #243
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Tesla MY LR AWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambazonke View Post
Could the "RAG" function possibly be disabled in the KAFAS module? via a command line in the 810 country code?
I was able to read these commands using Tokenmaster's NCD CAFD Tool but it no longer works.
I suppose i could test this theory by changing the country code to 801 (DE) or 824(UK) in the FA and VO code the KAFAS module
The capability is controlled by landmask, like most of the DAP region locks, such as aSLA.
C_SLA_UCC_LAND_AKTIV - for TLA
C_SLA_aUCC_LAND_AKTIV - for the stopping capability

There are multiple codes for TLA throughout BDC, SAS3 and HU_MGU. Each of these need to be enabled for TLA to work, but only the two above from SAS control the region lock. Even though KAFAS is used heavily, there is no relevant coding in that module. There is some traffic light recognition coding that is part of the Give Way Warning system, but it's a different system entirely.

I can turn features on and off for various countries with this landmask, with few exceptions, one of which is AU. Not for the first-time BMW block AU entirely.

TLA is blocked by default for most countries and models. It's only unlocking with the landmask that allows so many to be now using it. Assume I hadnt released the coding. TLA would be a rare thing that hardly anyone has, maybe a few UK MY21 owners, and we'd be talking about cracking the code to A) enable it to work on pre-MY21, and B) enable it for regions that are locked (most of them).

Changing KAFAS or anything other than the codes above would not have addressed the issue and nobody would be using it.

Well we cracked that and AU isn't supported, and probably never will be. BMW use the landmasks so it's easy for them to enable features with i-step update, when regions allow for them, and/or the feature is ready for a region. If AU isn't allowed now, with the modified landmasks, its because they dont intend to ever release it for SAS SP18 vehicles.

eTJA/5AR is blocked using software and not coding. We could probably figure it out and update VCM for non-US type cars but not really worth the risk or effort, for me at least. Maybe BMW do something similar for AU with TLA? Just speculating.

Last edited by ifr; 03-17-2021 at 03:45 AM..
Appreciate 1
      03-16-2021, 04:45 PM   #244
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

These are the coding differences if you change from 810, to 812 (England) then VO Code KAFAS on i-step 03/2021 G05.

PIA is profile related, so nothing really interesting. I personally wouldn't bother trying:

CBS_STATUS_FZGCHK_DEPEND: anzeige [01]
CBS_STATUS_FZGCHK_INTERN: sperre [00]
CC_RW_WARNUNG: 30_mls [30]
CC_RW_WARNUNG_2: 50_mls [50]
LAENDERAUSFUEHRUNG: england [05]
PIA_KI_EINHEIT_GESCHWINDIGKEIT: mph [02]
PIA_KI_EINHEIT_VERBRAUCH: mpg_uk [02]
PIA_KI_EINHEIT_WEG: miles [02]
PIA_VOLUMEN: galonen_uk [02]
SPEED_LIMIT_UNIT_ENABLE: wert_02 [02]
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2021, 04:54 PM   #245
Bambazonke
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5 & 2020 X5

Garage List
  [0.00]
Thanks for the elucidation on TLA and the future prospects of it ever working here in Australia. It just annoys me that we have no choice but to pay a premium price for DAP which will never be utilised to it's full capability. I am sure a lot of Australian X5 owners would have opted out of DAP if it was offered as an option instead of a standard feature after reading this.
This also goes for the sunroof which we also get as "standard" in all models bar the very basic 2.5D X Line model. It is a complete waste of money makes the car extremely hot and uncomfortable in summer especially if you have a dark car and reside in the tropics. I would much prefer laser headlights instead of a sunroof.
Thank you for highlighting the KAFAS differences in the post above and my mistake UK is indeed 812, South Africa is 824 (RHD but distance speed is metric like AU)

Last edited by Bambazonke; 03-16-2021 at 07:10 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2021, 03:20 AM   #246
phayze
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

Hi,

What does AUS mean?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifr View Post
FAS is Driving assistance systems translated from German.

FES are the driving modes

The rest you can work out. Try them and see.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2021, 03:40 AM   #247
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by phayze View Post
Hi,

What does AUS mean?
German for Out, or OFF

usually paired with an opposing 'ein', or ON
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2021, 10:24 AM   #248
phayze
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Thanks a lot.

I had figure out which each code does and it is working good.

Quote:
German for Out, or OFF

usually paired with an opposing 'ein', or ON
Appreciate 1
ifr1200.00
      03-18-2021, 10:41 AM   #249
Consuldean
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 21'' X6MC (F96)

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambazonke View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deja011 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzJedi View Post
Couldn't find anyone in Australia able to code TLA after going through the whole thread so I guess its not available in Australia yet?
Yes that's correct I have even updated my car to i-step 03/2021 but still doesn't works on Aussie cars.
I suspect it is the dodgy Australian GPS map database does not contain the TLA data. Their maps alone in this part of the country is pretty ordinary. It is not the coding in the car.
Did you have to recode aSLA after your iStep upgrade to 03/2021?
It uses KAFAS primarily.
I guess I could be an interesting use case.

I have a US version of MY21 F96 in Doha, Qatar.

Since I haven't updated the maps, I confirm that the aSLA doesn't work here (ie it does seem to rely on the navigation maps). The KAFAS aren't able to recognize any of the speed limit signs although they look like the ones in Europe.

I'm due to go for break-in service in 10 days. I'll try to code TLA and aTJA with the code above once the service is completed. According to the post, it should work for me.

@ifr: can you check if BMW has any restrictions for these functions for the Middle East region?
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2021, 10:58 AM   #250
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Consuldean View Post
I guess I could be an interesting use case.

I have a US version of MY21 F96 in Doha, Qatar.

Since I haven't updated the maps, I confirm that the aSLA doesn't work here (ie it does seem to rely on the navigation maps). The KAFAS aren't able to recognize any of the speed limit signs although they look like the ones in Europe.

I'm due to go for break-in service in 10 days. I'll try to code TLA and aTJA with the code above once the service is completed. According to the post, it should work for me.

@ifr: can you check if BMW has any restrictions for these functions for the Middle East region?
I'm really not sure how that would work, but needs breaking down into distinct parts.

aSLA - uses mapping data and KAFAS, and may need to be unlocked for the region the vehicle is in using coding. The ability to read signs is SLI, and not SLA or aSLA, although both of those depend on SLI.
  1. SLI - KAFAS only, read speed limit signs. Not 100% sure if this uses backup nav data as well?
  2. SLA - Speed Limit Assistant, uses SLI and NAV data to determine the SL. user has to manually accept the SL to adjust the cruise speed
  3. aSLA - automatically accepts and adjusts the cruise to the SL. This part is blocked in some regions, and unlocked via coding

If you can't get SLI working, then I doubt SLA, aSLA, TLA, will ever work.
Owners have reported needing aSLA working to get TLA to work fully.

eTJA is an interesting one - does your car have 5AU + 5AR in it's FA? Can also be found in VIN decoders.

BTW - TLA needs a lot more coding than what I posted above: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JFf...ew?usp=sharing
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2021, 11:19 AM   #251
Consuldean
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
I'm really not sure how that would work, but needs breaking down into distinct parts.

aSLA - uses mapping data and KAFAS, and may need to be unlocked for the region the vehicle is in using coding. The ability to read signs is SLI, and not SLA or aSLA, although both of those depend on SLI.
  1. SLI - KAFAS only, read speed limit signs. Not 100% sure if this uses backup nav data as well?
  2. SLA - Speed Limit Assistant, uses SLI and NAV data to determine the SL. user has to manually accept the SL to adjust the cruise speed
  3. aSLA - automatically accepts and adjusts the cruise to the SL. This part is blocked in some regions, and unlocked via coding

If you can't get SLI working, then I doubt SLA, aSLA, TLA, will ever work.
Owners have reported needing aSLA working to get TLA to work fully.

eTJA is an interesting one - does your car have 5AU + 5AR in it's FA? Can also be found in VIN decoders.

BTW - TLA needs a lot more coding than what I posted above: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JFf...ew?usp=sharing

1. Yes, my car has both 5AR (Traffic Jam Assistant) and 5AU (Driving Assistant Professional)

2. It's interesting you mention SLI using KAFAS only. The reality is that since the car is here, all I have on my HUD and instrument cluster is the limited rectangle sign (see picture).

3. (a)SLA has not worked for me since SLI KAFAS doesn't work.

4. Yes, I have the link to the gSheet. That's what I'll use. Thanks for that.

I guess I need to make SLI work first before trying to make SLA, aSLA or TLA function.

I'm reluctant to make a maps update given the prohibitive cost (600+$) and limited use I'd have here (I rely mostly on Waze) so I'm curious to explore any way to have these feature to work without the maps
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-18-2021, 11:29 AM   #252
VTENGR
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:
Thanks a lot.

I had figure out which each code does and it is working good.
Google translate is your friend! When I'm looking through modules I have it running to the side so I can glean what potentially each control.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2021, 01:35 PM   #253
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
2. It's interesting you mention SLI using KAFAS only. The reality is that since the car is here, all I have on my HUD and instrument cluster is the limited rectangle sign (see picture).
I'd look at maxing out the land masks to FF.. and take it from there.

If that region is 'normally' supported from a BMW DAP perspective, then the fail is more likely to be nav mapping data related than a specific BMW Geo restriction.

The car types can be influential too. Yours is a US type, whereas it could be that that region is normally shipped with an ECE type. Whereas there are regional country codes, and associated coding, the car types fall into 2 categories and they are fundamental.
Appreciate 1
      03-18-2021, 03:12 PM   #254
Consuldean
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I'd look at maxing out the land masks to FF.. and take it from there.

If that region is 'normally' supported from a BMW DAP perspective, then the fail is more likely to be nav mapping data related than a specific BMW Geo restriction.

The car types can be influential too. Yours is a US type, whereas it could be that that region is normally shipped with an ECE type. Whereas there are regional country codes, and associated coding, the car types fall into 2 categories and they are fundamental.
I'll give it a try with the land masks and report back. That would be an easy fix, really.

BMWs in this region are indeed ECE versions usually. Only details like the writing on the side mirrors and fire extinguisher + language in the car are different.

A coder was suggesting to modify "Typschlussel" from CY03 to CY01 and FA Code 853 to 854 (French configuration from my understanding).

Would these steps help have the car use KAFAS for SLI?
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2021, 02:24 AM   #255
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

I have zero experience in making a US type X6 work in that region, or any other TBH, so won't offer any advice other than to say be very careful in changing the Type from US to ECE.

What 'works' on one i-step version may cause issues on another. It's a big change. A full car VO code with other settings in FA still in conflict with that type could cause unexpected issues. I'm aware of others having done just that, but you'd have to really go full on and move the whole car across including maps etc and thats an experiment.
Appreciate 1
      03-19-2021, 08:06 PM   #256
Bambazonke
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5 & 2020 X5

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
I have zero experience in making a US type X6 work in that region, or any other TBH, so won't offer any advice other than to say be very careful in changing the Type from US to ECE.

What 'works' on one i-step version may cause issues on another. It's a big change. A full car VO code with other settings in FA still in conflict with that type could cause unexpected issues. I'm aware of others having done just that, but you'd have to really go full on and move the whole car across including maps etc and thats an experiment.
Agree 100% with IFR from my experience with coding VAG cars using Ross Tech VCDS software and VW's ElsaWin software the wiring and componentry differences between ROW and NA spec models is vast. I should think BMW models will be much the same
      03-20-2021, 08:25 AM   #257
phayze
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Hi,

I had coded the below, but it does not recognise any traffic light. Is there any thing i’m missing out? I just want it to show it on my instrumental cluster.

HU_MGU - AMPELN to gen_1
BDC - AMPELN to aktiv
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2021, 09:07 AM   #258
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Hi,

I had coded the below, but it does not recognise any traffic light. Is there any thing i'm missing out? I just want it to show it on my instrumental cluster.

HU_MGU - AMPELN to gen_1
BDC - AMPELN to aktiv
That's not how bmw designed the system to work.

Code as per the spreadsheet then just unselect 'consider traffic lights' in SLA idrive menu
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2021, 09:38 AM   #259
phayze
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Hi,

Sorry, there is typo in my coding. I had code ampeln_assistent (Traffic Light Recognition) on HU_MGU and BCD and i had “Traffic Light Recognition” menu.

Do you mean i also need to code ampeln (Consider Traffic lights) to allow it consider traffic lights then traffic light recognition display will work?

Quote:
That's not how bmw designed the system to work.

Code as per the spreadsheet then just unselect 'consider traffic lights' in SLA idrive menu

Last edited by phayze; 03-20-2021 at 09:50 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2021, 10:07 AM   #260
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

You need to follow the coding I packaged and tested for TLA. You are using the spreadsheet yes?

Then do as I suggested in idrive
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2021, 10:29 AM   #261
phayze
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Hi,

Yes, using the spreadsheet. I will try out all under the sheet “TLA Only”. I will update after i tried.

Thanks.

Quote:
You need to follow the coding I packaged and tested for TLA. You are using the spreadsheet yes?

Then do as I suggested in idrive
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2021, 01:08 AM   #262
phayze
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Hi,

I have code the 3 options in BDC and HU_MGR in the “TLA only” sheet.

The BDC and HU_MGR options in “aSLA” sheet by default is already aktiv/gen_1.

Traffic light still does not appear in instrumental cluster.

In “Speed Limits” menu under Speed Assistant, it say “In this country only, “Adjust manually” without anticipation is available.

I have code the above using bimmercode.

Is coding of UCC necessary?

Quote:
Hi,

Yes, using the spreadsheet. I will try out all under the sheet “TLA Only”. I will update after i tried.

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2021, 04:04 AM   #263
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Hi,

I have code the 3 options in BDC and HU_MGR in the “TLA only” sheet.

The BDC and HU_MGR options in “aSLA” sheet by default is already aktiv/gen_1.

Traffic light still does not appear in instrumental cluster.

In “Speed Limits” menu under Speed Assistant, it say “In this country only, “Adjust manually” without anticipation is available.

I have code the above using bimmercode.

Is coding of UCC necessary?
If I ask you to code exactly as per the spreadshseet (3 times now!), then you don't do that, how do you expect me to help you?

I don't support anyone using TLA coding with Bimmercode. It's not possible

See this post for guidance. Only code if you know what you are doing and can self-support resolving any issues:
https://cartechnology.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=77232

Last edited by ifr; 03-21-2021 at 04:14 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2021, 04:12 AM   #264
phayze
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Hi,

Ok, i try get esysx and code those line that bimmercode dun support.

Quote:
If I ask you to code exactly as per the spreadshseet (3 times now!), then you don't do that, how do you expect me to help you?

I don't support anyone using TLA coding with Bimmercode. It's not possible

See this post for guidance. Only code if you know what you are doing and can self-support resolving any issues:
https://cartechnology.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=77232
Appreciate 0