BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

02-02-2020, 12:11 PM   #1
hbakor
Saudi Arabia
Rep
Drives: BMW 2019 X5 40i X Line

Wireless charger not working

Hi
I have a 2019 G05 40i and connected drive is not enabled in my country and therefore the wireless charging is not working because somehow it can't be operational if connected drive is not enabled, my question is there any way to enable connected drive through coding?
Thanks in advance
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2020, 02:02 PM   #2
LexxM3
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: E46M3, G05X5

Garage List
2019 X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbakor View Post
Hi
I have a 2019 G05 40i and connected drive is not enabled in my country and therefore the wireless charging is not working because somehow it can't be operational if connected drive is not enabled, my question is there any way to enable connected drive through coding?
Thanks in advance
This response is not about coding CD, but ...

If you look at your build or go to mdecoder.com or similar and look at your list of options, is 6NW included? If not, you might be able to ESys VO code it back in.

The thought is that perhaps you have the hardware but it was just coded off for some reason. CD-dependency for that piece of hardware doesn't seem to follow any possible insane logic.

If that is something you want to try, I can check on which ECU(s) that FA option affects.

On mdecoder, if present, the option reads like this: "S6NWA TELEFONIE MIT WIRELESS CHARGING".
      02-04-2020, 06:33 AM   #3
hbakor
Saudi Arabia
Rep
Drives: BMW 2019 X5 40i X Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexxM3 View Post
Quote:
Hi
Thanks in advance

If you look at your build or go to mdecoder.com or similar and look at your list of options, is 6NW included? If not, you might be able to ESys VO code it back in.

The thought is that perhaps you have the hardware but it was just coded off for some reason. CD-dependency for that piece of hardware doesn't seem to follow any possible insane logic.

If that is something you want to try, I can check on which ECU(s) that FA option affects.

On mdecoder, if present, the option reads like this: "S6NWA TELEFONIE MIT WIRELESS CHARGING".
Thank you very much for your response
I've checked my build on mdecoder.com and couldn't find S6NW but the SA told me that the wireless charging will not work unless CD is activated
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2020, 07:47 AM   #4
LexxM3
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2019 X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Hi
Thanks in advance

Thank you very much for your response
I've checked my build on mdecoder.com and couldn't find S6NW but the SA told me that the wireless charging will not work unless CD is activated
Various BMW representatives are wrong rather a lot. If you're sure you have the hardware, my suggestion may be worth a try. Assuming you have access to a coding setup, again, let me know and I'll spend the time see which (if any!) ECUs that option affects.
      02-04-2020, 12:21 PM   #5
HaniA
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 G05 2019

I have the same case CD not enables and wireless charger not working and i cant see the part number S6NW between my options. can you guide me how to activate it.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2020, 01:44 PM   #6
LexxM3
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2019 X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaniA View Post
I have the same case CD not enables and wireless charger not working and i cant see the part number S6NW between my options. can you guide me how to activate it.
I am sorry, this is not going to be a full tutorial on how to code BMWs. Once you have a working coding setup, happy to guide, but once you have a working coding setup, you'll already know either what to do or what to ask.
      02-14-2020, 12:21 PM   #7
HaniA
Rep

Quote:
I am sorry, this is not going to be a full tutorial on how to code BMWs. Once you have a working coding setup, happy to guide, but once you have a working coding setup, you'll already know either what to do or what to ask.
Thank you for your support; i dont need full tutorial on how to code. I just added that i have the same issue regarding a 2019 G05 40i and connected drive is not enabled and the wireless charging is not working so is there any thing I can do through coding to enable the wireless charger.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2020, 01:40 PM   #8
LexxM3
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2019 X5  [0.00]
I (and perhaps anyone yet) do not know for sure that it will work in your situation, it is just something that's worth a try in your described situation. If you have an ESys setup (even without a launcher, but with latest psdzdata), you can add the 6NW option to your FA and VO code.

If you understand what I've said, then this weekend I (or someone) can go through the process to figure out which ECUs change with and without 6NW option and one can then VO code just those ECUs. Otherwise, I think you can just VO code all ECUs from from the top of the SVT tree.
      02-27-2020, 01:37 PM   #9
HaniA
Rep

Quote:
I (and perhaps anyone yet) do not know for sure that it will work in your situation, it is just something that's worth a try in your described situation. If you have an ESys setup (even without a launcher, but with latest psdzdata), you can add the 6NW option to your FA and VO code.

If you understand what I've said, then this weekend I (or someone) can go through the process to figure out which ECUs change with and without 6NW option and one can then VO code just those ECUs. Otherwise, I think you can just VO code all ECUs from from the top of the SVT tree.
Now Im using the bimmercode with OBDlink MX+ as i couldnt find the updated psdzdata for my car. Can I added it with the expert mode or can you guide me where i can download the latest psdzdata.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2020, 01:39 PM   #10
LexxM3
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2019 X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaniA View Post
Quote:

Now Im using the bimmercode with OBDlink MX+ as i couldnt find the updated psdzdata for my car. Can I added it with the expert mode or can you guide me where i can download the latest psdzdata.
No, absolutely no VO coding in Bimmercode. See my response to your other post with links to ESys and psdzdata.