02-15-2020, 03:46 PM   #23
polychromatic
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E30, E44, E61, E07

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVAGuy View Post
In fact, I am coming to the conclusion the wrinkles are intentional due to their frequency and existence on the back but not front seats. As far as I'm concerned, it's not an issue. I absolutely love everything about the vehicle.
Our “offspring" have the same interior and birthdate. Mine also has no wrinkles in front, modest in rear, similar to yours. I still don’t follow the reasoning why they would be intentional though. If we could only get someone going through PDC to ask the question of some BMW design officials so we would at least have a definitive answer and put this to bed. Like a lot of people here, I probably wouldn’t have noticed unless it was made such a big deal in this thread. There’s a lot more to love about this car.
Appreciate 1
scotchy210.00
      02-15-2020, 03:51 PM   #24
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by polychromatic View Post
Our “offspring" have the same interior and birthdate. Mine also has no wrinkles in front, modest in rear, similar to yours. I still don’t follow the reasoning why they would be intentional though. If we could only get someone going through PDC to ask the question of some BMW design officials so we would at least have a definitive answer and put this to bed. Like a lot of people here, I probably wouldn’t have noticed unless it was made such a big deal in this thread. There’s a lot more to love about this car.
Quite a few dealers and BMW reps have said they put them in there as a way to make the seats more comfortable since that was a big complaint with the F15. You would think they could have accomplished that some other way but for some reason they want them there.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2020, 04:02 PM   #25
RVAGuy
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘20 X5/M50i (ordered); &

Garage List
2014 BMW / 650  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
In fact, I am coming to the conclusion the wrinkles are intentional due to their frequency and existence on the back but not front seats. As far as I'm concerned, it's not an issue. I absolutely love everything about the vehicle.
Our "offspring" have the same interior and birthdate. Mine also has no wrinkles in front, modest in rear, similar to yours. I still don't follow the reasoning why they would be intentional though. If we could only get someone going through PDC to ask the question of some BMW design officials so we would at least have a definitive answer and put this to bed. Like a lot of people here, I probably wouldn't have noticed unless it was made such a big deal in this thread. There's a lot more to love about this car.
I'm confident there is a logical explanation to the question why rear seats have wrinkles.
We just need to find the right person to ask.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2020, 05:29 PM   #26
araje
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW, Audi

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Our "offspring" have the same interior and birthdate. Mine also has no wrinkles in front, modest in rear, similar to yours. I still don't follow the reasoning why they would be intentional though. If we could only get someone going through PDC to ask the question of some BMW design officials so we would at least have a definitive answer and put this to bed. Like a lot of people here, I probably wouldn't have noticed unless it was made such a big deal in this thread. There's a lot more to love about this car.
I'm confident there is a logical explanation to the question why rear seats have wrinkles.
We just need to find the right person to ask.
True. If someone could just give some logical explanation, I would let this go. There is so much speculation about BMW's ignorance or arrogance which is what aggravates the issue I think.
I asked this question to RVAGuy since I am taking my delivery this week and this was mainly for my mental conditioning.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2020, 06:02 PM   #27
RVAGuy
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘20 X5/M50i (ordered); &

Garage List
2014 BMW / 650  [0.00]
[QUOTE=araje;25812494][QUOTE=RVAGuy;25812226]
Quote:
Quote:
True. If someone could just give some logical explanation, I would let this go. There is so much speculation about BMW's ignorance or arrogance which is what aggravates the issue I think.
I asked this question to RVAGuy since I am taking my delivery this week and this was mainly for my mental conditioning.
Congratulations and enjoy the experience. I'm confident your backseats will have the perfect level or wrinkling (perhaps if we come up with a better term such as "forming" or "tucking" or "shaping" it will be better accepted). We're expecting lots of photos especially at the dealership receiving the keys.
Appreciate 0