BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

02-15-2020, 10:17 PM   #1
PhilH930
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 ZCP

That Long Wait....

Ordered 12/27, was scheduled for production ~one month later, and then moved to scheduled for production on 2/3. The online tracker did not move much after that, until today, where its now "awaiting carrier excitement".

The kicker is I've scheduled PCD which I'm excited about, but that's not until 3/12. Trying to get that brought forward based on any openings that occur or are still available, excluding the first week of March where I'm out of the country.

It's like Christmas eve for an adult, only with 3 1/2 weeks to wait. Perhaps I should have just done dealer delivery as knowing my luck a bird will crap on it while it sits in the sun waiting for PCD . I just want to fire up that V8!
scotchy210.00
      02-16-2020, 12:19 AM   #2
scotchy
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Getting close! I'm in the same boat, ordered middle of January, once done it'll be put on a slow train to western Canada. Hoping for mid/late March.

What color is yours?
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2020, 06:58 AM   #3
zhangyi17
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotchy View Post
Getting close! I'm in the same boat, ordered middle of January, once done it'll be put on a slow train to western Canada. Hoping for mid/late March.

What color is yours?
ordered mine at the end of January. But I ordered Cognac Vernasca upholstery which has a SOP of 04/20. . I've seen this on the Canadian order guide so I asked my sales about this before placing the order. He told me that Cognac is available and he has seen it personally. So I thought, okay, he has seen it, maybe BMW changed their schedule. Turned out that it was available, then BMW temporarily suspended it and now planning to bring it back in April.

So mine hasn't even start yet and won't start probably for at least another one and a half month..
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2020, 11:57 AM   #4
tellch00
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: TDI Touareg, 997 Turbo

I think my order went in last day of Jan. The My garage site had been stuck on "entered production" pretty much since then. checked last night and all of a sudden it's up to "awaiting transport" !! hard to believe they turn these things out that fast. Hope everyone was paying attention along he way LOL
Appreciate 0