First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridaman100 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotchy View Post
Yes this is what I thought you meant.
So some have had that the dealership they've gone to is able to have a custom build start almost immediately if they had allocation for one. Other dealerships their allocation is further out, so when you place the order, it may not enter production for a few months. Again, if you ask your SA, will be able to tell you what date they have available if you haven't placed your order OR what your build date is if you've already placed it.

Some have called multiple dealers prior to placing a custom order to find one with the soonest build date.
I actually talked to the dealer and the allocation came up and apparently they didn't have an X Drive allocated. They have to exchange allocation with another dealer if I understood corectly and I was told that would take a day or 2. They pretty much told me 4-6 weeks to receive the car. Does that sound right?
It depends on how close to the plant you live. I believe there's been a few that aren't far away that have had theirs in about 4 weeks from production start.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2020, 08:51 PM   #24
scotchy
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by desirusso View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotchy View Post
@mrjoed2 desirusso Mine is on the production line with yours now too. My original build week 8 order had an issue so it got changed.
Let's hope they start production soon! I have to give back my car March 11... hoping it's here by then... also what is the 26th date on the screen mean?
Maybe someone can clarify but I think that's the day it's supposed to have production completed.
Appreciate 1