BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

02-23-2020, 06:43 PM   #23
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleBoy View Post
I just talked to my brother and he got some info from the BMW Genius and evidently things are working differently than they are (or were) with mine. He didn't have time to give me all of the details but there is a temperature setting in iDrive for remote starts. He was able to enable climatization on remote starts and set a temperature for it to use. He has the remote start button on his app and when a remote start is done if the tempo is below the set value the heat comes on, above that value the AC comes on. I will have to check mine to see if maybe that was a change in the 07/2019.xx software and why my AC did work and now the heat doesn't appear to be.
Turns out the temp and fan settings they told him about in the Climate Control menu are just another way to set the current temp and fan. As previously thought, the remote start will use the last temp and fan setting. It do believe though that on Auto the fan may kick up but I have not tested that and forgot what it did last summer with the AC. I will do some more testing on the remote start/climate control when I have time.
Appreciate 1
thereef5101164.00
      02-23-2020, 10:12 PM   #24
thereef510
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 X5 35i, '20 X5 40i

so whenever you remote engine start, it will turn ON the A/C system, even if the last state of when you drove it could potentially have had the system been OFF?
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2020, 06:27 AM   #25
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by thereef510 View Post
so whenever you remote engine start, it will turn ON the A/C system, even if the last state of when you drove it could potentially have had the system been OFF?
I'm not sure if t will turn on the AC since it will not, to at least didn't, do that in Auto during regular operation. I always have my AC on for when it is needed.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2020, 12:41 PM   #26
thereef510
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 X5 35i, '20 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleBoy View Post
I'm not sure if t will turn on the AC since it will not, to at least didn't, do that in Auto during regular operation. I always have my AC on for when it is needed.
So it was awful and rainy today in Nashville. I didn't really use the A/C on my way to school, but afterwards I used the CD app to remote start the car, and sure enough, the A/C was on and running on my previous settings from the last the time A/C was running from Saturday. I'm going to see if it'll keep doing it like that or if this was a one-off event but I think this bodes well for the car being smart enough to know that I'm turning on the engine specifically to warm up the interior.

I get hot very quickly so I leave my A/C settings on low (65F) and so it was at that, and blowing hot air into the cabin. I think I had it on for less than 5 minutes from when I remote started it and the cabin was warm enough for my tastes (definitely not ice cold as it otherwise would be). I've yet to try if this can work from just using the CD app on my watch.
Appreciate 0