BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

12-06-2019, 08:52 PM   #1
Carbonx5
Rep
Drives: S4

The Carbon Black 2020 x40i is home!

Glad to have it home! Took 1 month from ordering the build to get it home.

Needed room for 2 kids with space for them to grow (needed 7 seats at least)

Options:

Msport xdrive40i
Carbon Black exterior
21" M wheel 741M
Coffee Extended Merino Leather
Anthracite-Brown Poplar Matte Finish Wood Trim
Executive package
Driving assistance professional package
Luxury seating package
3rd row seat + air suspension
Extended Shadowline trim
Harmon Kardon surround sound
Luggage compartment package
M sport brakes
Leather Dashboard
Anthracite alcantara headliner
Attached Images

Last edited by Carbonx5; 12-06-2019 at 09:05 PM..
Appreciate 3
Auricom4349.50
Nucu2.50
JMD628.50
      12-06-2019, 09:16 PM   #2
Luminor513
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 G07 x40i BSM/Blk Merino

Great build. Car looks phenomenal. Enjoy the new ride.
      12-06-2019, 10:17 PM   #3
atl_1M
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 1M, '20 X5 40i

Nice build!

What are your thoughts on the poplar trim with the coffee interior now that you're living with it? I've ordered the same combo sight unseen so I'm a little nervous. If you could share pictures of the interior that would be appreciated!
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2019, 10:48 PM   #4
Carbonx5
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssiddiq1 View Post
Nice build!

What are your thoughts on the poplar trim with the coffee interior now that you're living with it? I've ordered the same combo sight unseen so I'm a little nervous. If you could share pictures of the interior that would be appreciated!
I hadn't seen the combo either. Wife knew she wanted the coffee and the other options just looked too glossy/business like on the build (I was going for more of a sporty look without the metal). Plus, I think it goes well with the Anthracite Alcantara Headliner

Attached some pictures, but it does look different in the day. I also attached a few car seat pictures, everything fits and I still have access to the third row!
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
atl_1M1520.00
Ftpohyeah283.00
      12-06-2019, 11:15 PM   #5
atl_1M
Major
United_States
Rep

Thanks for posting the pics. The trim looks good. Would you say it appears more brown during the day than what the pictures show?

And nice touch with the leather dash and alcantera headliner. I had to pass on those unfortunately to keep the cost under control.

How are your rear seats in terms of wrinkles? The bottom appears to be wrinkle free but curious about the seatbacks.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2019, 11:27 PM   #6
Carbonx5
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for posting the pics. The trim looks good. Would you say it appears more brown during the day than what the pictures show?

And nice touch with the leather dash and alcantera headliner. I had to pass on those unfortunately to keep the cost under control.

How are your rear seats in terms of wrinkles? The bottom appears to be wrinkle free but curious about the seatbacks.
More brown during the day. Seatbacks def have some wrinkles but not sure what I can do about it and one is covered by a car seat anyways so it doesn't really bother me.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2019, 07:13 AM   #7
Auricom
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 xDrive40i M Sport

Congratulations! That's a fine looking X5 in and out! The upgraded leather dash (and door tops) and alcantara finishes the interior.

Happy holidays and enjoy it in good health!

Appreciate 0
      12-08-2019, 05:20 PM   #8
goondongle
Rep
Drives: s4/x540i

Congrats !
We just got our metallic white with almost the same options!
Also my other ride is an S4 too! Great minds think alike!
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2019, 07:54 PM   #9
Carbonx5
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by goondongle View Post
Congrats !
We just got our metallic white with almost the same options!
Also my other ride is an S4 too! Great minds think alike!
Haha that's awesome
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2019, 07:30 AM   #10
zhangyi17
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbonx5 View Post
Quote:
Nice build!

I hadn't seen the combo either. Wife knew she wanted the coffee and the other options just looked too glossy/business like on the build (I was going for more of a sporty look without the metal). Plus, I think it goes well with the Anthracite Alcantara Headliner

Attached some pictures, but it does look different in the day. I also attached a few car seat pictures, everything fits and I still have access to the third row!
Thanks for sharing the picture with car seat.

Questions 1: I have two children. One in a forward facing car seat (I think the same as your diono), the other one is rear facing infant basket. I see you have the infant rear facing car seat in the middle. Is it because there's not enough room on the side? I imagine it would be easier to have it on the side, so it doesn't break anyone's back bringing the infant basket in/out of the car.

Question 2: Do you worry about those car seat causing damage to the seat? Especially with the forward facing car seat which requires tethering to tie it down?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2019, 10:38 AM   #11
VTENGR
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhangyi17 View Post

Questions 1: I have two children. One in a forward facing car seat (I think the same as your diono), the other one is rear facing infant basket. I see you have the infant rear facing car seat in the middle. Is it because there's not enough room on the side? I imagine it would be easier to have it on the side, so it doesn't break anyone's back bringing the infant basket in/out of the car.

Question 2: Do you worry about those car seat causing damage to the seat? Especially with the forward facing car seat which requires tethering to tie it down?

Thanks
I can't speak for the poster, but I know I'm considering putting my infant seat int he middle, simply because it allows a passenger to sit in the rear without having to step over/around the infant seat base and for additional comfort. That could be advantageous if the family prefers someone sitting back with the infant.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2019, 11:38 AM   #12
zhangyi17
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTENGR View Post
Quote:

Thanks
I can't speak for the poster, but I know I'm considering putting my infant seat int he middle, simply because it allows a passenger to sit in the rear without having to step over/around the infant seat base and for additional comfort. That could be advantageous if the family prefers someone sitting back with the infant.
Very true. Thanks. I may consider do the same, but then to put the infant basket in/out will be a little challenge
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2019, 11:56 AM   #13
VTENGR
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks
Very true. Thanks. I may consider do the same, but then to put the infant basket in/out will be a little challenge
I don't think it will be bad. You kneel down on the seat for support and then click it in. Taking it out would be slightly harder.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2019, 02:24 PM   #14
Carbonx5
Rep

Quote:

Thanks
Surprisingly, the same set up works in my S4 as well.

1) There is plenty of room on either side. I have it in the center so that the person sitting in the back can be with both kids without crawling in. Also, I have a 3rd row so with a little maneuvering, I can pull forward the lone seat and have access to the third row if need be. Much more comfortable (not to mention I can recline both front seats as the infant seat fits in between when it is rear facing)

2) I have a Diono seat protector for the car seats. And I got some seat warranty stuff. And to be honest, as much as I love the car, I fully accepted that this is a family car and is gonna be treated like one, haha
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2019, 02:28 PM   #15
Carbonx5
Rep

Quote:
I don't think it will be bad. You kneel down on the seat for support and then click it in. Taking it out would be slightly harder.
The infant is very light right now, and safest location for child seat is generally the middle seat, then behind the driver.

The Uppababy clicks very easily. That said, both my wife and I are on the taller side, and the air suspension helps if needed.

Only annoying part is that it does require a little bit of disconnecting and reconnecting to get access to the third row, but I don't think we will be using it THAT often. Otherwise, would have looked more at an X7
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2019, 02:55 PM   #16
Carbonx5
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by atl_1M View Post

Finally got around to taking some pictures outside during overcast. I think the anthracite alcantra headliner ties in both the coffee and the Poplar wood together. Be warned, it does scratch easily

Some wrinkle pictures also They look worse in pictures than in person.
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
atl_1M1520.00
Auricom4349.50
thereef5101163.00
      12-21-2019, 03:02 PM   #17
atl_1M
Major
United_States
Rep

Trim looks good and makes me feel better about my decision. I just didn't know it would scratch easily. I'd expect the gloss trim to be much worse in terms of scratches. As for the wrinkles, that actually looks much better than what I've seen so I'd be happy if my car turns out that way.

Still jealous of the leather dash and your headliner. Looks great! Thanks for posting!
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2020, 12:58 PM   #18
Nucu
Rep
Drives: BMW 750IX, BMW X5 45e

X5 G05

Very beautiful color in conjunction with shadow line extended.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2020, 12:19 AM   #19
roadsidegeek
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 3 Series 335i Sedan R

I love your choice of color. Congrats!
Appreciate 0