BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

02-13-2020, 10:21 AM   #1
VTENGR
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Is anyone else having difficulty getting ParkMobile to connect reliablly?

I really like this integration, but every time I go to use the app it gives me an error saying it cannot connect at this time - try again later. I don't use it often, but when I do, I want it to work.

I've made sure that my app on my phone is connected to BMW connected drive - still the problem persist.
Appreciate 1
      02-13-2020, 10:50 AM   #2
Andruhan
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

I've had the same issue for the last ~6 month. Reported to genius and got a call asking for details maybe 2 months ago. They said something about ParkMobile servers having issues and a bunch of other excuses. Told me it's a known problem and they're looking into it. Never heard back from them ever since...
Appreciate 1
VTENGR1043.50
      02-13-2020, 10:53 AM   #3
VTENGR
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Thanks! Guess it's a waiting game...
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2020, 12:25 PM   #4
RCtennis3811
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: N/A

YES! This has been the most frustrating thing to get working on my G20. I emailed ParkMobile about it and they connected my BMW ConnectedDrive account to my ParkMobile account. It worked for a few days. Since then, it's been hit-or-miss. Oh well, it's easy enough for me to park, open up the app, select the lot I'm in, and use Apple Pay to finish anyhow.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2020, 12:28 PM   #5
VTENGR
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCtennis3811 View Post
YES! This has been the most frustrating thing to get working on my G20. I emailed ParkMobile about it and they connected my BMW ConnectedDrive account to my ParkMobile account. It worked for a few days. Since then, it's been hit-or-miss. Oh well, it's easy enough for me to park, open up the app, select the lot I'm in, and use Apple Pay to finish anyhow.
Very true... However the coolest part of this feature is it automatically popping up when you're in a parkmobile parking area.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2020, 12:30 PM   #6
RCtennis3811
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: N/A

FWIW, this is what I also get when trying to connect it again on the latest version of the app. It's definitely a server-side issue.

[IMG][/IMG]
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-13-2020, 12:32 PM   #7
VTENGR
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCtennis3811 View Post
FWIW, this is what I also get when trying to connect it again on the latest version of the app. It's definitely a server-side issue.

[IMG][/IMG]
Yep I get the same thing. What I do is log out of the app then log back in. Half the time when I do this it shows I'm already connected to BMW CD.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2022, 10:15 AM   #8
iXrealtor
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW iX

Anyone else still having issues connecting to ParkMobile?
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2022, 07:30 PM   #9
RSnic
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340Xi (G20)

Garage List
2020 BMW M340  [0.00]
Hi ,

When ParkMobile first showed up on iDrive as an app, it didn't work with some kind of connection error. Then after some kind of update, it worked for a while, then same problem cropped up and hasn't work quite some time

Fortunately, I haven't had to use ParkMobile much in my area and app on phone works

2020 M340Xi| ZDA| ZDY| ZPP| ZPX| 1CR| 1PL| 688| 6NW| 2VFH|
Retired: 2014 328i
BMW CCA
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2022, 07:10 PM   #10
sumitkn
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW iX M60

Exact same issue - tried to get ParkMobile to work with myBMW - got the same error message as others "Couldn't establish a connection to BMW at the moment"

Seems like there is some transition / maintenance in progress at the ParkMobile side of the interface

This will be one more really cool feature once it works .. just switched from 10+ years of leasing 7 Teslas to BMW i .. am blown away by the quality of the vehicle and the driving experience (I used to lease M5/B7s before, still have an i8 that I utterly adore). Making all the pieces of the software work takes more effort than most people will have the time / patience / technical aptitude for .. I get how hard it is to have an moderately open platform for third party apps .. you're judged by the quality of the worst performer .. ParkMobile needs to get their act tougher and BMW needs better vetting / user experience requirements for third parties ..

Not that anyone asked .. but a decade plus of living / breathing with tech that almost always "just works" sets a high bar .. we don't wake up every morning to fuss with and troubleshoot badly designed / operated software ..
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2022, 09:17 AM   #11
sfgator
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 m340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumitkn View Post
Exact same issue - tried to get ParkMobile to work with myBMW - got the same error message as others "Couldn't establish a connection to BMW at the moment"

Seems like there is some transition / maintenance in progress at the ParkMobile side of the interface

This will be one more really cool feature once it works .. just switched from 10+ years of leasing 7 Teslas to BMW i .. am blown away by the quality of the vehicle and the driving experience (I used to lease M5/B7s before, still have an i8 that I utterly adore). Making all the pieces of the software work takes more effort than most people will have the time / patience / technical aptitude for .. I get how hard it is to have an moderately open platform for third party apps .. you're judged by the quality of the worst performer .. ParkMobile needs to get their act tougher and BMW needs better vetting / user experience requirements for third parties ..

Not that anyone asked .. but a decade plus of living / breathing with tech that almost always "just works" sets a high bar .. we don't wake up every morning to fuss with and troubleshoot badly designed / operated software ..
It is a "transition" that has been going on for 5-6 months.
'13 335i conv (retired)
'08 528i (retired)
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2022, 11:09 PM   #12
LogicalApex
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW 530xe

Garage List
2020 BMW 530xe  [0.00]
Quote:

Park Mobile is a frustrating one as until recently it was owned by BMW...

It hasn't been extremely unreliable. It worked for a year or so then never again in my 3 years of ownership. A shame as it was great when it worked as Philly is a Park Mobile city.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2022, 09:35 PM   #13
darkchocolattemocha
Registered
Rep
Drives: ‘19 330xi|’20 X3 M40i|’22 430

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicalApex View Post
Quote:

Park Mobile is a frustrating one as until recently it was owned by BMW...

It hasn't been extremely unreliable. It worked for a year or so then never again in my 3 years of ownership. A shame as it was great when it worked as Philly is a Park Mobile city.
Better off using parkmobile on your smartphone. Log in with your BMW ConnectedDrive account. Don't bother with the iDrive app.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2022, 04:49 PM   #14
thestimp
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 22 X3MC MBB - C-17 Globemaster

Garage List
2022 X3mC  [10.00]
2016 BMW M3  [0.00]
I still get “due to server error this POS doesn’t work right now try again later.”

ParkMobile support said “ well that sucks sorry to hear that, have a nice day” and closed the ticket. Lazy POS app. Deleted.
Appreciate 0