BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

02-17-2020, 07:43 AM   #1
lufan
No_Country
Rep
Drives: X5 40i G05

about trafficlightassistant

Hello, everyone ~ see some news about BMW. Now some models in Germany have been equipped with ampeln assistant. I found some codes in BDC. After the changes, only the relevant icons are displayed in MGU speed limiting assistant, but there is no option. I hope I can get anyone's help
Attached Images

Last edited by lufan; 02-19-2020 at 08:27 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2020, 09:10 AM   #2
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Tesla MY LR AWD

Replied on the other forum

Do you know which models and year have TLR enabled?

Are you using LP or esysx? If the former then you won't see the traffic light settings in HU_MGU as the mappings are not correct. Either get esysx or I'll send you a screenshot of where the mappings are in HU_MGU\SARAH and you can work out which ones to change.

Another option is to enable 'activation conditions' in LP, search for 2007, and most of the codes you will find will relate to TLR. There will be some others activated like emergency lane forming during congestion, auto distance control based on situation, etc. but you will at least get the right codes. The names that LP display will be wrong though so just ignore them and change to aktiv or similar.

For example, AMPELN in HU_MGU when using esysx, displays as BELUEFTUNGSMOTORE when using LP.

Last edited by ifr; 02-17-2020 at 09:31 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2020, 03:52 AM   #3
lufan
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifr View Post
Replied on the other forum

Do you know which models and year have TLR enabled?

Are you using LP or esysx? If the former then you won't see the traffic light settings in HU_MGU as the mappings are not correct. Either get esysx or I'll send you a screenshot of where the mappings are in HU_MGU\SARAH and you can work out which ones to change.

Another option is to enable 'activation conditions' in LP, search for 2007, and most of the codes you will find will relate to TLR. There will be some others activated like emergency lane forming during congestion, auto distance control based on situation, etc. but you will at least get the right codes. The names that LP display will be wrong though so just ignore them and change to aktiv or similar.

For example, AMPELN in HU_MGU when using esysx, displays as BELUEFTUNGSMOTORE when using LP.
It's me! I've shown the menu but it doesn't work. There is still some work to be done
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2020, 03:57 AM   #4
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lufan View Post
It's me! I've shown the menu but it doesn't work. There is still some work to be done
Can you answer this Q please - "Do you know which models and year have TLR enabled?"

If there are no 'confirmed' production models with the feature then it may be a waste of time currently.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2020, 07:28 AM   #5
lufan
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Can you answer this Q please - "Do you know which models and year have TLR enabled?"

If there are no 'confirmed' production models with the feature then it may be a waste of time currently.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2020, 07:38 AM   #6
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Doh! That's just an R&D test vehicle. I thought you meant BMW had released production vehicles with TLR to the public.

You can try the coding, but until BMW have released this on any production model, I fear it will be fruitless.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2020, 08:22 AM   #7
lufan
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Doh! That's just an R&D test vehicle. I thought you meant BMW had released production vehicles with TLR to the public.

You can try the coding, but until BMW have released this on any production model, I fear it will be fruitless.
I think it can be realized. I am trying to find relevant information in SAS and DSC VIP, but there are too many parameters, and it is difficult to understand without comments

This job is really difficult!
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2020, 08:55 AM   #8
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

in SAS/VIP try enabling UCC_Vorhanden and set UCC_landmask to FFFFFFFF

Still won't work but they are almost certainly needed.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2020, 08:22 PM   #9
lufan
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
in SAS/VIP try enabling UCC_Vorhanden and set UCC_landmask to FFFFFFFF

Still won't work but they are almost certainly needed.
I also found traffic light detection dummy function: initwert [00] in kafas4. I also tested that both UCC values were changed to 01 and ffffff, and they still didn't work
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2020, 07:18 AM   #10
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
I also found traffic light detection dummy function: initwert [00] in kafas4. I also tested that both UCC values were changed to 01 and ffffff, and they still didn't work
Yep makes no difference.

Until it's confirmed that the production i-step contains active coding for this feature, I don't think it's worth pursuing any further i.e. there are confirmed BMW production models using the feature on roads.
Appreciate 0